Allison vs. Eason

The Dude

Junior
Watching both of their junior highlight tapes, I gotta go with Allison. Here's why:

Arm strength: Eason
Vision: Allison
footwork: Allison
mobility: Eason
Snaps from under center: Allison
Accuracy: Allison

While it is easy to fall in love with Eason's arm, I think it is fools gold especially in the college game. I'm sticking with our current commit. What do you all think? Please watch their videos and don't just go off of rankings or hype.

Advertisement
Been watching all the videos on both for the past few days. Like I said elsewhere, Eason's throwing motion needs to be cleaned up. Perhaps it doesn't affect him immediately or at the college level, but it has legit room for improvement. He drops the ball before firing.

This isn't an either or thing. Allison is in no matter what happens. The key is to get Eason. We need both

Jacob Eason 2015 - 3585 yards 43 TDs 6 Ints

Know what Allison's #s were this year? And how does their comp compare?

This isn't an either or thing. Allison is in no matter what happens. The key is to get Eason. We need both

Agreed. Allison is the man & we need him. If Eason wants to come too, yes please.

Murray & Mettenberger, but hopefully better results.

Advertisement
Eason is the better prospect , but if we miss on him I'm ok with Jack

For those on edge about pursuing Eason, just think, if he doesn't come here, most likely he's a gator. Richt knows that and he's not just going to let it happen, and we shouldn't want it to happen.

We could get both Eason and Allison in this class and one of them will take over when Kaaya is gone. We RS both, then they are on the bench for a year and then they each have 3 years they can potentially play. They compete with eachother, the winner gets the job and plays probably 2 years and leaves after their RS junior year for the NFL. The other still starts a year and has a chance at getting drafted.

The competition and learning from Kaaya and Richt would only make them better. But, in all honesty, I just don't see Eason leaving the opportunity to start next year at UF since Grier is apparently out.

How has Eason looked at camps or against more speed? His highlights are littered with less than explosive WRs, CBs and Safeties.

Advertisement
For those on edge about pursuing Eason, just think, if he doesn't come here, most likely he's a gator. Richt knows that and he's not just going to let it happen, and we shouldn't want it to happen.

We could get both Eason and Allison in this class and one of them will take over when Kaaya is gone. We RS both, then they are on the bench for a year and then they each have 3 years they can potentially play. They compete with eachother, the winner gets the job and plays probably 2 years and leaves after their RS junior year for the NFL. The other still starts a year and has a chance at getting drafted.

The competition and learning from Kaaya and Richt would only make them better. But, in all honesty, I just don't see Eason leaving the opportunity to start next year at UF since Grier is apparently out.
Grier is only out for 6 games. If Eason doesn't play well early on, grier will likely replace him. That's a lot of pressure for a true freshman to have an experienced veteran breathing down your neck waiting for you to slip up against sec defenses.

His surest path to success is here in Miami learning under Kaaya and a good Christian man like richt. He will develop properly here. At uga u don't even know what offense there running or who the oc will be.

I have been watching some Eason tape since we hired Richt and I think his mechanics are a bit of a tell right now. He drops the ball slightly before he throws and legit corners will break on that. He also has inconsistent release points that lead to some scattershot throws.

He's got elite arm strength, size, mobility in one package. His potential ceiling is Baker Mayfield with a better arm. In other words, being invited to New York for the Heisman.

Allison is smoother. He's played better comp throughout his career, and he has more consistency.

That's just a quick evaluation, of course, but I think I'd lean ever so slightly to the kid who is from South Florida, wants to be here badly, is more consistent in his mechanics, and has pull with other recruits we are after. I'd love to have both though.

Grier is only out for 6 games. If Eason doesn't play well early on, grier will likely replace him. That's a lot of pressure for a true freshman to have an experienced veteran breathing down your neck waiting for you to slip up against sec defenses.

His surest path to success is here in Miami learning under Kaaya and a good Christian man like richt. He will develop properly here. At uga u don't even know what offense there running or who the oc will be.

There was a rumor he was transferring from UF is what I meant. I just looked and I guess they were false.

I have been watching some Eason tape since we hired Richt and I think his mechanics are a bit of a tell right now. He drops the ball slightly before he throws and legit corners will break on that. He also has inconsistent release points that lead to some scattershot throws.

He's got elite arm strength, size, mobility in one package. His potential ceiling is Baker Mayfield with a better arm. In other words, being invited to New York for the Heisman.

Allison is smoother. He's played better comp throughout his career, and he has more consistency.

That's just a quick evaluation, of course, but I think I'd lean ever so slightly to the kid who is from South Florida, wants to be here badly, is more consistent in his mechanics, and has pull with other recruits we are after. I'd love to have both though.

Is there an echo in here? See post #2 .

I kid. Obviously, I agree. I said it above and have mentioned it on multiple threads. I really only know what I've seen from the videos online, but I read him mentioned as a "near perfect" prospect and had some of the same questions.

Advertisement
How has Eason looked at camps or against more speed? His highlights are littered with less than explosive WRs, CBs and Safeties.

Would that really be a fare comparisons? I mean you would expect an adjustment will be needed in his timing but by looking at his numbers and watching his videos he seems to have timing locked in with the players on his team and he has a college arm. I guess what I am saying is if he did have an issue at a camp with timing is there a reason to think he wouldn't adjust fairly quickly?

Last edited:
After carefully watching both QB's film, I agree with OP and Lu. They both have strengths and weaknesses, but I think Allison takes him by a slight margin.

Captain Jack has better mechanics and looks more fluid.

Eason has a cannon for an arm and throws really well on the run. But definitely comp level is a question mark.

Stars and rankings don't always tell the tale. Ideally we get both. But if only one comes I prefer Allison.

Advertisement
After carefully watching both QB's film, I agree with OP and Lu. They both have strengths and weaknesses, but I think Allison takes him by a slight margin.

Captain Jack has better mechanics and looks more fluid.

Eason has a cannon for an arm and throws really well on the run. But definitely comp level is a question mark.

Stars and rankings don't always tell the tale. Ideally we get both. But if only one comes I prefer Allison.

I have to agree. I saw Capt. Jack make the right reads in his highlight, and he was under constant pressure. I know it's a highlight, but with the OL he had he made some really good reads. Eason seems to have all day on his throws, so Capt. Jack if I had to choose one. Can't be mad if you land either or. It's a really good problem to have.

The more I think about it, the more I think the speculation is unnecessary. If Eason is smart, he goes to UF. He will get a good offensive coach who, with no qb, already beat Richt and hung around with bama in sec championship. All that team needs is Eason and they should be on top.

we dont NEED both at all. I'm gunna go with Allison because he's a top QB and is a Cane. Id rather have him. Don't want to also get Eason and maybe have Allison decommit.
Just remember it doesn't matter what ESPN says about QB rankings. I think the 2013 rankings all had Jared Goff as like the 14th qb, and now look, he's easily the Best (Draft Elligible) QB this year. Better than the guy that was ranked #1 by a mile.

Advertisement
Back