Allan Hurns aka Allen Hurns

Hurns is a pro to me. Solid 4th WR. Has the size, hands, not slow slow just not specifically fast. He also has bonkers numbers that catch your eye for a UM reciever. I think somebody takes him 5th round.

Advertisement
he's better that Hankerson at this point in their career.

I think the only thing he does better than Hank is catch the ball... Hank had good athleticism and was a great route runner and blocker... He just doesn't catch the ball consistently... Hurns is a great route runner and blocker but is a bit slower... However he can catch... That being said, can we all agree that out of all the wr prospects in Florida for the class of 2010 Hurns was the best of the bunch? Remember many on here ridiculed his signing... Everyone wanted Dunkley, Sticks, Christian Green and James Louis...

Advertisement
Hankerson was more dominant and had more upside but Hurns is much more consistent and dependent. Even though he does not have the speed to break away from defenders, he makes up for it by being able to catch balls in traffic consistently. If he goes to a team with a very good qb, that qb can get him the ball without him being so open.

Hurns has shown constant improvement over the years and maximizes his skill set. I've always felt there was something lacking with Hankerson but could not put my finger on it. Still seems Hankerson just can't put everything together. I see Hurns having a place in the league as a 3 or 4 wr.

I agree with what you say about Hurns. Hank plays smaller than his size. Without looking up their stats I think Hank had the better senior season, but I think Hurns is good enough to play in the league. Playing receiver is about more than just being a burner. Hurns makes tough catches and clutch catches. Against our better opponents he's stepped up. uf and fsu come to mind.

Hankerson was more dominant and had more upside but Hurns is much more consistent and dependent. Even though he does not have the speed to break away from defenders, he makes up for it by being able to catch balls in traffic consistently. If he goes to a team with a very good qb, that qb can get him the ball without him being so open.

Hurns has shown constant improvement over the years and maximizes his skill set. I've always felt there was something lacking with Hankerson but could not put my finger on it. Still seems Hankerson just can't put everything together. I see Hurns having a place in the league as a 3 or 4 wr.

Hurns will play in the league... He's a good wideout... He won't be a 1st rounder or even a 2nd or 3rd but that doesn't equate to longevity... The guy will latch on and have a long career...

People have short memories. Hank become a monster in his last season here. It's not close between the two.

Advertisement
Right after Irving.

Seriously, depends on his 40 yard dash. He has good stats but his speed will be called into question.

4.7+ 6/7th Round or Undrafted

4.66-4.69 6th Round

4.61-4.65 5th Round

Sub 4.6 (don't think he can do) 4th Round

This seems spot on!

People have short memories. Hank become a monster in his last season here. It's not close between the two.

Hank broke Irvin's single season TD record. He was AWESOME and sure handed in his senior year (he was also **** good as a junior, too).

Advertisement
He'll be a late pick and be that wide out that lasts on squads for a long while cause he is just consistent

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Hurns runs a faster forty than we expect. Dude has been smoking people this year. He ran right by that FSU CB like he was standing still. I'm saying low 4.5 forty.

Advertisement
6th round most likely.

6'3 195 LBS with 4.5-4.6 speed.

Think he can have the type of career Hank is having now, besides the season-ending injury.

I've noticed most, if not all, of our receivers look frail. What's up with that?

I also think he has gotten faster. He's been able to get separation against the better teams.

Best hands on the team.

I think late round if he runs a good time at the combine

I said it before but Hurns will make an NFL roster by beating out someone more athletically gifted than himself. He is that type of guy.

And I agree he will run a better 40 than people expect. He might be able to see the field because he will be willing to do the dirty work.

Advertisement
Back