All you people . . .

weownfsu

Move to FCS
who made excuses for Golden this year, made excuses for his finish last year. Dismissed all the people who were rightfully terrified about the future of the program . . . your mentality and attitude towards UM is a big part of why we are where we are right now. Hope you're happy.

Advertisement
We are where we are because the administration either does not care or is very slow moving. They also are too arrogant to realize the fans have turned on them in mass.

We are where we are because the administration either does not care or is very slow moving. They also are too arrogant to realize the fans have turned on them in mass.

We are where we are for a lot of reasons. One of them is that the fanbase has dramatically changed. There's more people like you, who fawned over a coach and excused his terrible results because he gave good press conferences or something.

It's becoming more and more obvious that Randy Shannon got fired not for sucking so much as he did sucking and not being a good public speaker or somebody the idiots in the fan base would rally behind.

We are where we are for a lot of reasons. One of them is that the fanbase has dramatically changed. There's more people like you, who fawned over a coach and excused his terrible results because he gave good press conferences or something.

It's becoming more and more obvious that Randy Shannon got fired not for sucking so much as he did sucking and not being a good public speaker or somebody the idiots in the fan base would rally behind.

I will admit I let Golden get my hopes up again because he beat up on 3 crappy teams. I was too desperate in wanting the program to be on the rise I convinced myself he was doing a good job. Obviously that didn't even come close to working out.

I agree that Golden's talking skills are the only reason he hasn't been canned. The higher ups see a white guy, dressing somewhat nice, saying what they want to hear. Randy was Randy and didn't spew BS every other word.

ba18e38d7e3e69f003dfcfcce22dbfd265904e6db852dfcb347b8c9bd326d949.jpg

Advertisement
This is the result that the slurpers wanted. The "mopes" won the last two times. The awful coaches got canned, and UM gave itself a chance to be good again. But now the slurpers win. Their guy stays. Hope they are happy with the results.

I haven't seen any "slurpers" or frankly any body that wants Golden to stick around. The whole battle of "slurpers" vs "mopes" was a lie. I think what you had was a group of people that wanted to believe we would have a good season so they got behind this team completely and a group of people that were still angry about the last two seasons so they would not be positive about the team. Now the season is over, it was a failure and the whole fanbase is united wanting a change. I'd say at the end of last season the whole fanbase was united in wanting D'nofrio fired but since that didn't happen now everybody wants the man responsible fired.

So with that said, let's stand united and rally until changes happen. Let's yell, tweet, and refuse to buy tickets. (When it comes to football anyways)

I haven't seen any "slurpers" or frankly any body that wants Golden to stick around. The whole battle of "slurpers" vs "mopes" was a lie. I think what you had was a group of people that wanted to believe we would have a good season so they got behind this team completely and a group of people that were still angry about the last two seasons so they would not be positive about the team. Now the season is over, it was a failure and the whole fanbase is united wanting a change. I'd say at the end of last season the whole fanbase was united in wanting D'nofrio fired but since that didn't happen now everybody wants the man responsible fired.

So with that said, let's stand united and rally until changes happen. Let's yell, tweet, and refuse to buy tickets. (When it comes to football anyways)

Nice job outing yourself, slurper.

Please. I've said all along that I want a new head coach and was wildly excited at the PSU rumors last year. I'm just logical and knew he wasn't going to be fired last year after our second nine win season in a decade. However, I can't fathom any reason he isn't fired after a 6-6 season in year four.

Advertisement
arguing about slurper vs moper at this point is the ******* dumbest thing and I've been upset at ******* undying golden supporters for a long time but there is no reason and trying to rub their nose in it. It just makes no sense. The only thing that makes sense is trying to do what we can to make the people that matter realize and not rub the people's face in it that don't matter

arguing about slurper vs moper at this point is the ******* dumbest thing and I've been upset at ******* undying golden supporters for a long time but there is no reason and trying to rub their nose in it. It just makes no sense. The only thing that makes sense is trying to do what we can to make the people that matter realize and not rub the people's face in it that don't matter
Yea, this should be the last slurper/mope thread ever. The next battle is UM versus the fanbase.

Please. I've said all along that I want a new head coach and was wildly excited at the PSU rumors last year. I'm just logical and knew he wasn't going to be fired last year after our second nine win season in a decade. However, I can't fathom any reason he isn't fired after a 6-6 season in year four.

Kevincane,

You were spot on in your original post, but there is a faction out there that refuse to take a positive approach to anything. I wanted this staff gone by year two but I knew we were stuck with them for awhile. So, like many others I rallied behind the decent young men who against better judgement came to the U and played their hearts out under a brain dead staff. It's all perspective and decent people understand the dire circumstances we are in but focus on the student athletes and support them. I get you point, but don't try to argue with ignorance......good post!

Yeah. This has been the problem. There was no middle ground in that nonsense. Worse than this conservative vs. liberal crap.

Advertisement

Yeah. This has been the problem. There was no middle ground in that nonsense. Worse than this conservative vs. liberal crap.

What middle ******* ground are you talking about? Golden has been **** from the first year. I and many others pointed out why then and it hasn't changed. Every time we had a football discussion on Xs and Os or how this staff didn't attack the team we were playing we were met with crap like wait till this staff gets their players... it was all a bunch of ***** flinging dumbasses that didn't know what the **** they were talking about. Take your positive attitude and stick it up your ***.

The funny part is most of those idiots are now blending into the crowd and trying to act like they've wanted Golden gone.

That's why we're well within our bounds to make fun of them the way we do. Those of us that have been part of this community for a while have seen these idiotic types come and go on this board.

Kevincane,

You were spot on in your original post, but there is a faction out there that refuse to take a positive approach to anything. I wanted this staff gone by year two but I knew we were stuck with them for awhile. So, like many others I rallied behind the decent young men who against better judgement came to the U and played their hearts out under a brain dead staff. It's all perspective and decent people understand the dire circumstances we are in but focus on the student athletes and support them. I get you point, but don't try to argue with ignorance......good post!
Keep telling yourself you are helping by getting behind the student athletes....you are not. Its a bigger disservice to have them coached by that ignorant arrogant prick. And there were tons of post about 'the mopes' all summer. It crashed down after UL. No D should have been canned after 2012, and Golden after last year and certainly this year. But the ones who claim they are supporting kids give them affirmation that what they are doing is ok, so they keep on.....and will keep on. Thank you

Advertisement
arguing about slurper vs moper at this point is the ****ing dumbest thing and I've been upset at ****ing undying golden supporters for a long time but there is no reason and trying to rub their nose in it. It just makes no sense. The only thing that makes sense is trying to do what we can to make the people that matter realize and not rub the people's face in it that don't matter

Nah, it makes plenty of sense. Part of this "fanbase" should never involve themselves with UM again. They're part of the problem. The whole #canesham group and their types are complicit in this mess and should have their noses rubbed in it. The people in our fanbase who chose their love for a coach over UM need to eat ****, not be welcomed into the group of UM fans who actually care about the football program.

There was plenty of middle ground. It would be fair to say that Golden should get four years like the last guy, if you were one of the people who actually gave Shannon four years (but many of the Golden Girls didn't . . . wonder why). Misguided, but at least reasonable.

But there were plenty of fans, not just on here, but in general, that fell in love with the guy for some reason and would make every excuse in the book for him and didn't give a **** about his performance. Being on the "Golden Road to a Title" was more important than UM. Making excuses for Golden was more important than winning. And that's the position Golden has taken and it seems that our administration has taken now. So, I hope they're happy. Their stupid, girlish attitude towards him has infected our athletic department and is one of the reasons this program is dead for the foreseeable future.

arguing about slurper vs moper at this point is the ****ing dumbest thing and I've been upset at ****ing undying golden supporters for a long time but there is no reason and trying to rub their nose in it. It just makes no sense. The only thing that makes sense is trying to do what we can to make the people that matter realize and not rub the people's face in it that don't matter

Nah, it makes plenty of sense. Part of this "fanbase" should never involve themselves with UM again. They're part of the problem. The whole #canesham group and their types are complicit in this mess and should have their noses rubbed in it. The people in our fanbase who chose their love for a coach over UM need to eat ****, not be welcomed into the group of UM fans who actually care about the football program.

You're wrong in thinking a lot of people were choosing Al Golden over the program. I was not getting my hopes up because I loved Al Golden. I got my hopes up because I just wanted there to really be something to be positive about and took a 3 game stretch as a potential turning point. I only wanted Al Golden to stay if the trend continued. It obviously didn't and I want the guy gone as much as anyone else. You're reaching if you truly think people were actually picking the coach over the program. Maybe some were, but I know I was not.

Advertisement
Back