All you need to see in BOT and BBB

Gamineal

All-ACC
Nobody has ruled out Davis, but two Board of Trustees members said they would be surprised if Davis, 63, is considered because of the way he left North Carolina, amid a student athlete academic scandal across numerous sports. Even though he wasn’t directly implicated by the NCAA, many believe Davis was tarnished and he hasn’t found a job since. One Trustee said discussion of Davis usually elicits an eye roll among UM officials.

Sports Buzz | Miami Herald & MiamiHerald.com

Advertisement
There is a TON of noise about Davis this time. Wayyy more than before. It is clear he has the vote of the majority of fans and ex-players. Although I keep reading that the administration is getting "annoyed" and "rolling their eyes" about Butch, I have a feeling they are strongly considering him. All he needs is an interview. If he gets one, it's over.

Shocking that the people associated with hiring the next coach would be so clueless :puzzled:

Advertisement
All he needs is an interview. If he gets one, it's over.

Didn't someone say on another thread that the school president wanted to meet with him face to face?

I am not sure but I hope that is the case. I read the article posted on CS and after I was done I felt like doing Oklahoma Drills against the fence in my backyard.

I am telling you if he gets to walk in an interview room, he'll have the BOT's wanting to strap up and play themselves. The man is ready and fully determined to turn this program around to what it was.

Perfect scenario: Give him 4 years, he fixes things, recruits like a maniac and when he decides it's time to leave he'll have a molded successor ready in his staff...then Butch stays here as "Director of Football Operations" to overlook the program. I am telling you, we will be on TOP for a long loooong time and little Jimbo will be crying himself to sleep every year.

All I can think of with Butch is the scene from Ghostbusters in the mayor's office:

"but Butch, what if you're wrong?"

"If I'm wrong nothing happens - I go back to commentating, peacefully, quietly, I'll enjoy it. But if I'm right...and I can fix this team......Frenky - YOU will have saved the lives of MILLIONS of season ticket holders."

across numerous sports, name not implicated, and the scandal began before butch was there but yeah it's his fault.

Advertisement
I don't understand why the school would fire golden in the middle of the year unless Butch was an option. Because not only would you save the money if you fired him at the end of the year but, every coach that has a job would only be available the last Sunday in November. So what's the point of firing him now unless you're interviewing somebody that doesn't have a football job?

Not trying to be an insider or whatever but I have a friend that knows one of the BOTs(close friend of family or something) and he asked if Butch will be considered. He said yes but that Chud was his favorite right now. That's just one member apparently.

Names like Mario Cristobal, Rob Chudzinski, Mike Shula, and Greg Schiano are being floated around, but the coach who elicits eye rolls from our admin is Butch Davis?

We're going to f*** this up so badly. Watch these ******** not even interview Herman/Butch/Fuente.

I don't understand why the school would fire golden in the middle of the year unless Butch was an option. Because not only would you save the money if you fired him at the end of the year but, every coach that has a job would only be available the last Sunday in November. So what's the point of firing him now unless you're interviewing somebody that doesn't have a football job?

Here's the problem with that - yes, technically Butch could be hired today, but he couldn't put a staff together until December anyway so really it doesn't matter that Butch could be hired now.

Advertisement

unless they're set on Schiano, another underachiever.

What I can't believe most is that Mario Cristobal is being treated apparently as a serious candidate, while they roll their eyes at the man that hand delivered a NC to Coker and the University.

I was skeptical of Butch's non-involvement at UNC even with his letter from the NCAA exonerating him, but after recently learning it'd been going on for 14 years and across the whole athletic department I'm much more inclined to believe.

The BOT refusal to consider him just seems like a petty stubbornness to not admit fault by ****ing him around during contract negotiations when he left all those years ago.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter but, you can always agreed to a contract in principal. I'm not saying they fired golden so they could hire butch today.

Advertisement

Here's the problem with that - yes, technically Butch could be hired today, but he couldn't put a staff together until December anyway so really it doesn't matter that Butch could be hired now.

It does matter because of recruiting. The sooner he is hired the better before these recruits start changing their minds with the ton of negative recruiting we are going to be receiving.

Butch could start going into these kids living rooms and explaining to them his vision and who he plans on bringing into his staff.

It should go like "Hello (name player), I am Butch Davis. Do I need to say anything else?....Glad to hear you are sticking with us. Have a good day, thanks"

It matters big-time for recruiting. While he may not be able to recruit them directly, until he is running the show, he can be all over sports radio generating tons of positive momentum. It will 180 degrees turn around the program's current dreadful outlook.

Nobody has ruled out Davis, but two Board of Trustees members said they would be surprised if Davis, 63, is considered because of the way he left North Carolina, amid a student athlete academic scandal across numerous sports. Even though he wasn’t directly implicated by the NCAA, many believe Davis was tarnished and he hasn’t found a job since. One Trustee said discussion of Davis usually elicits an eye roll among UM officials.

Sports Buzz | Miami Herald & MiamiHerald.com

Always proud to hear about a group of pretentious ****heads who have buried the program over a 12-13 span rolling their eyes about a guy that was responsible for what should have been 3 title appearances in a row.

Makes perfect sense.

UM

Advertisement
Back