All time single greatest sports victory

Advertisement
Texas Western over Kentucky?
Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Sorry pal, but the correct answer is Jesse Owens’ gold medals in front of the POS Hitler. Cute post tho.
A great victory for sure to share the stage with Miracle On Ice. Neither is a better choice, just different.

Both did spark a global conversation.

Andrew gonna ban you for now posting this in the sports board

Advertisement
Jessie single handedly showed the world that Hitler was nothing more than an desperate ignorant evil POS... That his Aryan Supremacy BS was nothing more than a complete delusion. Hitler was then and still is considered the modern era's number 1 enemy. For that to happen during that time period where racism was rampant in our country and overseas and him being the grandson of a slave.... Holy crap... man it certainly has to be the greatest victory of all time with a close second being Luke's defeat of Darth Vader

No doubt about it: Triple Crown victory by Secretariat in 1973. Set two of the course records that still stand.

In the Belmont, the longest and final race, Secretariat went wire to wire for the largest margin of victory in a major race. The track announcer said it was 18-21 length victory. Others said it was 25+ lengths. Who knows?

Most dominant sports victory of all time!

MR. ED , Wilbur and all his stable mates agree with you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think there are a lot of victories over the time that have had massive impacts, either on the sport, on politics, on society or something else.

Let me throw another one in: Alis first win over Liston. If Liston hammers Ali into the ground like he did back then, then Cassius Clay would have never become Muhammad Ali. Given how transcending the name Ali was and is to this day, you gotta wonder what would have happened had he lost to Liston. I doubt that his voice would have been heard the same way.

Sorry pal, but the correct answer is Jesse Owens’ gold medals in front of the POS Hitler. Cute post tho.
The best part about all of this wasnt Jesse Owens actually winning.

The best part was Luz Long, who set an Olympic Record for the long jump, helping out Jesse Owens with his jump mark because Owens stepped into the illegal zone twice before. And Hitler didnt have a clue that Owens won that medal because one of his athletes, who later became a member of the Sturmabteilung and the NSDAP, supported Owens en route to his victory.

Advertisement
Fresno State winning the CWS in 2008 as a #4 regional seed is probably the most statistically improbably champion ever.

Doesn't Secretariat have all 3 records?
Yes, I believe you are right.

In the Belmont, Secretariat’s time is a full 2 seconds faster than the next fastest winner. Recent winner Justify would have lost to Secretariat by 25 lengths!

Advertisement
Average Joes big W over Globo Gym.

I believe Patches O' Houlihan took home CoY honors as well.

Stacked staff and squad.

Advertisement
Back