All Recruiting Board Posters; Please read.

SFBay, with all due respect, I really don't understand how *********ion has anything to do with the Miami Hurricanes. Further, I don't see why people would find it comical or cool. Would it be okay to post that I am so happy about X recruit committing that I am *********ing because of it? That is exactly what you and some others are saying is acceptable. If so, this board will quickly turn into a big-time joke ala DotCom. It's your board I suppose.

[video=youtube_share;0OnpkDWbeJs]http://youtu.be/0OnpkDWbeJs[/video]

That was a great scene.

Advertisement
SFBay, with all due respect, I really don't understand how *********ion has anything to do with the Miami Hurricanes. Further, I don't see why people would find it comical or cool. Would it be okay to post that I am so happy about X recruit committing that I am *********ing because of it? That is exactly what you and some others are saying is acceptable. If so, this board will quickly turn into a big-time joke ala DotCom. It's your board I suppose.

Yes it would.

Feel free.

Chuckles,
Thanks for the kind words.

BTW - Are you the same chuckles from way back in the day on the old War and Politics board?

Perhaps.

To address your opinion on the Fabulously Awesome Posts (lol), its important for ALL OF OUR FANS to realize that one of the great things about being a Miami Hurricane is the diversity of our fanbase. As much as we need to maintain decorUM, its also important to note that we must also respect diversity. Not everyone here is a college grad. ****, not everyone here can type. Not everyone here was raised with the knowledge of certain levels of cooth. I dont want to preclude anyone from the discussion based on background.

Its really one of the challeges of trying to moderate discussion in a written only medium. If you were chatting with someone while in line at the Burger King and they used an off-color term, and you looked at them and saw a toothless, ratty-clothed dude who rolled up in a rusted out '78 Chevy Vega, you would more than likely excuse their comment. In a written only medium its tougher to make that evaluation. That's why moderating a fanbase as diverse as UM's is challenging to say the least. Fortunately, site management chose Miami82 and I, primarily because we hate all of you phools (rich and poor, young and old) equally. :)

The difference here is that I wouldn't be hanging out with the toothless guy with the Chevy Vega. Not that I think I'm too good for him, I might find the conversation interesting and amusing, it's just that this board for me is a kind of digital hang out. But you're right if it was a Burger King or a bar we can't pick who's in there we can only pick the place we go into, or when to leave. Yay, diversity!

I'll just live with it until it's time to go. And, try not to conjure up images of sticky keyboards on NLOI

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité, FAPé

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back