All I want against Bama is…(I know you guys really care)

Your deep seeded HATRED for King Louie, and Roll Tide is well noted. LOL And, believe or not. Roll Tide is most certainly a college football playoff contender, and possibly will win another NC!!! Which would be King Louie's EIGHTH NC as head coach with Bama.
I mean this is a Miami board, so yeah. I hate anyone who isn’t Miami. They’re always a contender. No kidding.

Advertisement
Gonna play a lil devils advocate here because Bama offense those years til now had a streak of scoring on EVERYBODY and they put up 30+ I dont know how many straight games. In that season they scored 45 points or more TEN TIMES (that includes six 50+ games and two 60+). MSU had no offense and left their defense to dry that game and even til the last whistle they fought and held bama out of endzone in last minute while they were trying to get style points. Only clemson held them to less points that season when they blew them out in championship game. That bama team avg 45 points a game and as a DC you hold them to 24, you feel like you did your job, esp forcing 2 turnovers and 4 sacks.

Now its comical to compare that dline to one that has mccloud starting for it but hey I think watching shoop and his crew effort against that bama machine it was impressive

That's just a good assessment that completed the picture I attempted to paint lol. Good stuff.

Just did some research and found:

Context around the below video:
1. Bob Shoop, now a Miami Defensive Analyst, was defensive coordinator for MSU against Bama in 2018
2. MSU's defense had some crazy players up front: Jefferey Simmons, Montez Sweat, Willie ***, Jonathon Abraham. (That's 3 first round picks)
3. I started watching the video hoping to see a good fight, but Bama killed Shoop's scheme with tactics, skill and brawn.
4. Bob Shoop must have a chip on his shoulder and I hope the guy has learned from his mistakes.
5. Pray for our defensive tackles -- they hold the key to the game.

Those are first rounders bruh. We don't have that on the DL. Maybe Taylor that's it and it's his first game ever in college.

Advertisement
I agree. It’ll be a big disappointment if we just look completely outmatched and get bent over from start to finish. This much returning talent and experience with a legit QB should give Bama a tough time. We may not win but we should scare them into the 4th.
****, Cincinnati last year had UGA on the ropes. We have worlds more talent.
I think Saban will call off the dogs if it’s a blowout. I don’t want to see the team quit. We’ve seen enough of that. No one expects us to win. A lot of pressure on Manny to keep us in the game. HC and DC is a heavy task against Bama.

Those are first rounders bruh. We don't have that on the DL. Maybe Taylor that's it and it's his first game ever in college.

Agreed. Jeffery Simmons, himself, is on another plant.

But in the air of hope, I'm praying our OG big guys like Ford & JMilly can stop a repeated inside zone, trap, or dive. A man can dream!

I want to upset Bama, to 'turn the tide' and start a new Canes era of elite.

However, should Miami lose as most expect they will, I want Alabama to earn the win. I want the Canes to play tough, smart football for four quarters. Despite a loss, I want the CFB nation to recognize Miami is on the way back to prominence.

Advertisement
I want us to play hard tough football for 4 quarters. This game is more about putting the college football world on notice that we are well on our way back to prominence. I want to see us play good physical football. Everyone thinks we are not strong and tough enough. LSU, Wisconsin and Clemson have shown that we need to be much more stout.

I want to hear pads cracking and see our guys hitting them hard (no targeting!) every chance we get. Gotta let them know we are absolutely not intimidated.

Yeah I expect to lose but...

If there's no personal fouls
no targeting
no false starts or offsides
no scores called back
the offense at least has some effective burn (a few well executed scoring drives)
and the defense can force some turnovers (legit TO's like jumping a route or winning a 50/50 ball)
score like 38-23

...then ill be proud and happy with the direction of the program, and ill even give Diaz props.
You’re going to base your opinion on the direction of the program largely on whether or not there are penalties called on Miami, in a game against the #1 team in the country, from the SEC, in SEC country?

You’re going to base your opinion on the direction of the program largely on whether or not there are penalties called on Miami, in a game against the #1 team in the country, from the SEC, in SEC country?
Penalties that are the result of horrendously poor discipline? Yes, absolutely. If a defensive lineman goes offsides its a direct reflection of Diazs 6 years of being soft and not holding his defensive players accountable.

How hard is it to watch the ball thats 2 feet in front of your face?
How many chances does Carter get regarding targeting?

Dont help the referees.

Advertisement
One thing I want (or don't want) is for Miami to come out looking like deers in headlights and get down by 21 in the 1st quarter. Too many games last year where we did not look like we came to play until we were down multiple scores. Cant do that Saturday. Come out swinging for once. I think the new defensive staff will have them fired up.

Man I am nervous as **** for this game. Besides Afghanistan this is all I been thinking about for the past few weeks. I want a victory so bad man, we are due let’s go canes and shock the world!!!

I want a W. Unrelated to what I want, what do y’all see as the major mismatch? The trenches got me a bit worried but I think our interior Dline gone be tough to deal with.

Advertisement
I don’t expect to lose “bigly”

I expect a punchers chance when the 4th quarter comes around and see how the ball bounces. Their young but their 2 and 3 deep with talent.

Advertisement
Back