All Conference Game

fraggle

Senile Senior
I see these selections for All Conference players and they probably get a certificate or some other award and that's it. I also hear our conference is the top dog in a sport. All meaningless tripe. What if they were to schedule an all star event where the ACC faces the SEC in an all conference game and not just football as basketball and baseball and women's sports could have events. I can see lots of benefits and big profits. It might be to difficult to have other than seniors participate so they could have an all senior conference team which would be better then the current senior bowl games they currently have. Who cares if the North beats the south or east beats the west but your conference against those boastful SEC dudes might be worth watching.

Advertisement
Oh. Before I forget and before my friend arrives in here...

344D4220-178E-489F-8234-B580E3CB9758.gif

Advertisement
yeah...because athletes and fans just love bowl games and all star games

Fans and Athletes do love all star games that aren't watered down and made into a joke by the league itself (see the Pro Bowl before and after rule changes). Competitive guys love going best on best. However, the NFL would not love the idea of all the best players in every league putting themselves at risk for a pride game.

It would definitely be entertaining to watch an All-Conference matchup, but just wouldn't make sense as far as safety of the players right before its time for them to get drafted.

No benefit to the athletes just another opportunity to get hurt before they really get paid. Never would happen in a million years.
So players don't play in those east/west or north south games? The last I watched that Mobile Alabama all star game is coached by NFL coaches and the top players show up to participate. All I'm saying is instead of east versus west make it ACC versus sec. BiG versus PAC etc. Be much more interesting and doesn't add to the amount of competition.

Advertisement
So players don't play in those east/west or north south games? The last I watched that Mobile Alabama all star game is coached by NFL coaches and the top players show up to participate. All I'm saying is instead of east versus west make it ACC versus sec. BiG versus PAC etc. Be much more interesting and doesn't add to the amount of competition.
So your idea of an all SEC team is a bunch of kids from Vanderbilt and Missouri?

I see these selections for All Conference players and they probably get a certificate or some other award and that's it. I also hear our conference is the top dog in a sport. All meaningless tripe. What if they were to schedule an all star event where the ACC faces the SEC in an all conference game and not just football as basketball and baseball and women's sports could have events. I can see lots of benefits and big profits. It might be to difficult to have other than seniors participate so they could have an all senior conference team which would be better then the current senior bowl games they currently have. Who cares if the North beats the south or east beats the west but your conference against those boastful SEC dudes might be worth watching.
Let's go full CanesFest style and crush them on the fields of Hecht.

Love me some Tug-o-War.

Players are far more conscious of their future nowadays and rightly so. Why waste your time taking unnecessary risks.

They would have the same enthusiasm for doing these useless performances ....as you would for an UNASKED FOR, UNPAID request made by your boss to participate in some huge time consuming project that will play absolutely NO role in your future prospects

You wouldn't do it because that would be STUPID...so why ask someone else to do it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fans and Athletes do love all star games that aren't watered down and made into a joke by the league itself (see the Pro Bowl before and after rule changes). Competitive guys love going best on best. However, the NFL would not love the idea of all the best players in every league putting themselves at risk for a pride game.

It would definitely be entertaining to watch an All-Conference matchup, but just wouldn't make sense as far as safety of the players right before its time for them to get drafted.
spoiler, they are all watered down....Fans don’t love all star games proven By the terrible ratings they all have. And athletes complain about even having to participate in them. they'd Much rather have the extra time off than play a meaningless game. The fact that these games are being cancelled when regular season games are happening shows that no one cares. exactly zero outrage from fans and players that the pro bowl and all star games were cancelled over the past year.

spoiler, they are all watered down....Fans don’t love all star games proven By the terrible ratings they all have. And athletes complain about even having to participate in them. they'd Much rather have the extra time off than play a meaningless game. The fact that these games are being cancelled when regular season games are happening shows that no one cares. exactly zero outrage from fans and players that the pro bowl and all star games were cancelled over the past year.

You literally just repeated what I said. Nobody cares about these games anymore BECAUSE they got watered down. High School All Star games are still a bit entertaining because they are trying to prove themselves. My point, was that if the All-Star games were played like they used to be in the early 2000s or late 90s, then it would definitely be must watch TV. But even with the entertainment factor, it just isn't worth it as far as risking injury at that point in your career as a college athlete.

I'd be okay if they got rid of 75% of the bowl games. They're all meaningless if you're not in the playoff.

Advertisement
Meaningless, yes. But it is still nice to have CFB on tv. A crappy game is still better than most other tv.
Yeah, I'll take crappy football over no football but these bowl games are mostly disasters that line the pockets of the people on their respective committees and nothing else. Outside of the major games, most of the other bowls are played in half full stadiums by teams who only half care about winning the game. It's just watered down beyond all recognition.

Players are far more conscious of their future nowadays and rightly so. Why waste your time taking unnecessary risks.

They would have the same enthusiasm for doing these useless performances ....as you would for an UNASKED FOR, UNPAID request made by your boss to participate in some huge time consuming project that will play absolutely NO role in your future prospects

You wouldn't do it because that would be STUPID...so why ask someone else to do it.
In a seniors only all star game they can be paid. I know there is one where the winners get more pay then the losers. I am certain this type arrangement would be a much larger draw then the current all star games.

Advertisement
Back