All BS side - Lashlee

You all know I’m a Lashlee guy. My big beef with him is that he tends to rely too much on D’Eriq King as a runner. When Perry got in the offense looked very different. I’m not sure if it’s due to King’s shortcomings as a passer but ****, the whole offense opened up when they got away from running quarterback power and QB draw over and over. I mean if the garbage receivers could catch a pass, N’Kosi is looking at around 400 yards in less than three quarters of football. Against a legit defense. They would have hung an easy 50 burger if Wiggins and Pope didn’t drop EVERYTHING.
You’ve finally opened your eyes. Maybe after that 6th qb run up the middle in one quarter for 2 yards did it.

or is it his lack of 12 personnel or the fact that he keeps trotting out the same miserable receivers game after game

Advertisement
You’ve finally opened your eyes. Maybe after that 6th qb run up the middle in one quarter for 2 yards did it.

or is it his lack of 12 personnel or the fact that he keeps trotting out the same miserable receivers game after game
He plays half the game with 12 personnel. How many plays were Jordan and Mallory both on the field? 30? 40?

The QB power up the middle that only gains two or three yards sets up the 40 yard pass to a wide open Mallory later in the game though. It’s like any offense, you have to at least attempt to run the ball to keep defenses honest and to set up play action. That fake QB power play that always gets us huge yardage only works if you actually run the QB power a few times to set it up.

He plays half the game with 12 personnel. How many plays were Jordan and Mallory both on the field? 30? 40?

The QB power up the middle that only gains two or three yards sets up the 40 yard pass to a wide open Mallory later in the game though. It’s like any offense, you have to at least attempt to run the ball to keep defenses honest and to set up play action. That fake QB power play that always gets us huge yardage only works if you actually run the QB power a few times to set it up.
6 in 1 quarter is literally just throwing away downs we cant afford to throw away down 21pts. King is an elite scrambler when the play breaks down. These runs up the middle with an Oline that can't block is beyond pointless.

Advertisement
It was actually a good call. The defender just made a great play.
If that kid doesn't turn and hustle his *** back there was nobody there to stop that play from going for 6

You could also argue the receiver (Redding?) could have gotten upfield a bit faster

Either way it was a great call against zero coverage. Hindsight is 20/20 and unfortunately not all great calls work out

6 in 1 quarter is literally just throwing away downs we cant afford to throw away down 21pts. King is an elite scrambler when the play breaks down. These runs up the middle with an Oline that can't block is beyond pointless.
My issue is calling the QB run on third and medium or long. It’s not consistent enough to rely on to get 7 or 8 yards. Although the touchdown that got called back was a designed QB power so I guess they occasionally pop. I think King’s height and throwing ability sometimes limits the playcalling and we look more like Auburn than SMU.

There was some suspect play calling at certain points. I think that comes from showing too much faith in the OLine. But as far as Lashlee goes, I like that he had his qb's ready to go. Perry came in and was well prepared.

if you wanna crown lashleee that's fine. he's actually the least of my worries on his team right now but the truth is i'd be surprised if Miami actually won anything with him,. he doesn t really game plan or attack an opposing teams weakness. he just goes out and calls plays. this wont work against the elite teams in cfb.

Advertisement
The O you saw after King went out is the O Lashlee wants to have. But King is not that type of QB. Perry just isnt accurate enough. And the WRs suck

But screen pass on 4th and 9. W T F
Perry was plenty accurate...**** WRs can't catch a cold in a phone booth. As said before many times, Wiggins and Pope need to go

I honestly predict we take a step back next season on O, and it has nothing to do w King.

If his play sheet remains the same, it’s going to be a long year, imo. His formations & situations are too predictable.

They only trash lashlee to fit the narrative. Outrage and noise to cover up the bias. Execution by the players is part of the formula. Wiggins and Pope no showed again. Take it for what its worth...

I am generally less impressed with Lashlee than most, but I'd give him a B- for his play calling yesterday. He managed to put up 34 (should have been 36 since Miami was successful on the 2 pt conversion) with his backup QB. That's impressive. He doesn't get a B or higher because he should have either benched Pope/Wiggins in favor of the younglings or switched to 22 personnel to start the 2nd half. I don't have an issue with the 4th down call itself, but rather that he put the game on the shoulders of a WR who barely played all season rather than his NFL caliber TEs or his one reliable WR.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back