All-22 Review of the OL vs. CMU

Yes , FAMU you could see he was still getting back in the swing of things since injury. Very tentative imo. I’d like to him time increase but Max hasn’t done anything to lose his spot yet. But he hasn’t been great either. He’s been ok but SJ has all tge focus because it’s so obvious
max is on the clock ... we catch too many defenders vs striking and being physical
 
Yes , FAMU you could see he was still getting back in the swing of things since injury. Very tentative imo. I’d like to him time increase but Max hasn’t done anything to lose his spot yet. But he hasn’t been great either. He’s been ok but SJ has all tge focus because it’s so obvious
max is on the clock ... we catch too many defenders vs striking and being physical
That's how we teach our OL.
 
Meriweather was terrible against FAMU and wasn't as good as Max vs CMU in far less snaps. Not sure at all how anyone can say he should play over Max. Its just not at all logical. It's nice to know there's another G who can play other than SJ. Max being a young player is sure to take his lumps at some point. Max has been my guy within a few minutes of watching the Stanford tape. He's going to be a good player.
I didn’t rewatch the other games. And I’m just giving my football opinion. Max is your guy I get it.
I think you’re overselling Max here lol. He’s been the most consistent inside but that doesn’t mean he’s been good. He has his own lowlights SJ just has alot more. I don’t think he needs benched but he’s far from having his spot locked down. I do think Ben being inside with him and RR will help things dramatically.
From the tape did Max get better reps than Meriweather? I thought Meriweather was stronger at the point of attack and handled himself a bit more naturally.

They were close. Again, just my football opinion. I know yours. I’m ask for third party abritration lol.

I trust his eye. I’m a former DB though. Never really played offense. I know my football though… I also said I’m only going off the CMU tape.
 
That's how we teach our OL.
thank you to all ... can anyone explain why we choose this technique? seems it's inviting a dt to get across our face
It should really do the opposite.

Instead of stepping out w a lead step and lunging you’re owning your gap before contact.

Then driving out (think heavy prowler push).

Where Rodriguez goes wrong is lunging to make contact v playing under his COM and slowly working to it.

Congdon was better than RR vs CMU at owning the gap
 
It should really do the opposite.

Instead of stepping out w a lead step and lunging you’re owning your gap before contact.

Then driving out (think heavy prowler push).

Where Rodriguez goes wrong is lunging to make contact v playing under his COM and slowly working to it.

Congdon was better than RR vs CMU at owning the gap
6th year RR got it down pat.. niiiice
 


shocked jurassic park GIF
 
It should really do the opposite.

Instead of stepping out w a lead step and lunging you’re owning your gap before contact.

Then driving out (think heavy prowler push).

Where Rodriguez goes wrong is lunging to make contact v playing under his COM and slowly working to it.

Congdon was better than RR vs CMU at owning the gap
it feels like to run this scheme you need size up front to own your gap ... in your opinion, how did/does sj fit into that equation?
 
Back
Top