Alex Mirabal is "Ready to Build a Championship Line"

Advertisement
not getting drafted means you're average in college? hmmm, alrighty. Clemson's OL has been pretty f*cking above average for a decade. let's be a little smarter.
3 draft picks on the offensive line over a decade and winning 2 titles.

I think Miami had 4, Alabama had like 14, Ohio State had 10, and FSU had 7.

So ya… pretty **** average.

that's absurd, but ok.
I mean how else do you compare across the entire college football landscape other than draft picks? That’s the only thing that doesn’t take into account QB play and the scheme they’re in making it appear better..

Yes they look good when you turn on the TV and Clemson is getting the ball out quick and has 3 1st round WRs, a 1st round RB, and had 6 years of Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence.

If they had 6-7 draft picks you wouldn’t think anything of it.. but 3 in 10 years? And on their championship winning teams in 2016 - none of them were drafted and from 2018 only 1 was drafted and he didn’t even start as he was a sophomore..

Advertisement
I mean how else do you compare across the entire college football landscape other than draft picks? That’s the only thing that doesn’t take into account QB play and the scheme they’re in making it appear better..

Yes they look good when you turn on the TV and Clemson is getting the ball out quick and has 3 1st round WRs, a 1st round RB, and had 6 years of Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence.

If they had 6-7 draft picks you wouldn’t think anything of it.. but 3 in 10 years? And on their championship winning teams in 2016 - none of them were drafted and from 2018 only 1 was drafted and he didn’t even start as he was a sophomore..

dude i assume you've watched football for a long time. i'm not going to get into how someone not being drafted doesn't mean they could have been an outstanding college football player. just being honest, to say clemson has had average offensive lines is just ridiculous man.

dude i assume you've watched football for a long time. i'm not going to get into how someone not being drafted doesn't mean they could have been an outstanding college football player. just being honest, to say clemson has had average offensive lines is just ridiculous man.
Well aware.. it’s an effective college OL but nothing more. Average talent. Well coached, in a good scheme, that had the best QB in the country 6 years of an 8 year stretch and some of the best WRs in the country on an annual basis. Also had a heisman caliber RB for 3 years and plenty of serviceable options and NFL caliber backs in other years.

Absolutely an average unit or even below average, in comparison, if you’re looking at only the CFBP contending teams of Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, LSU, etc.

Point being.. you can win big with an average unit that can get the job done. They don’t have to be superior talents and massive like Alabama has created. But it helps.

Speculations regarding his approach have now been smashed. With their new Oline coach, the offensive lineman will now have to **** or get off the pot. Miami's Oline could very well be tops in run blocking next season. Nobody would have predicted they would be tops in pass blocking in the ACC this year.

Coaching matters man and Miami just hired a proven developer of talent that actually has a PLAN with philosophical approach.

I'm predicting Miami will have a 1000 yard rusher next season. Rooster is the obvious choice for me. I don't want to hear he's not big enough either. He's tough as nails.

Advertisement
No shade, b/c I’m a huge Mirabal fan as a coach, but uhhhh….how in tf did he play OL in HS??

very valid question. he weighed a lot more, and Alex just as a personality is firey as f*ck and the guy is a bulldog. when i was a sophomore, we had a guard at columbus that was about the same height as Alex, maybe 5'4", guy named Carlos Fernandez. he looked funny out there, but he was about 280, just a wide dude. but this guy was versatile and AGILE as **** for a guy that size. and being so short he'd get under a defender and drive their sh*t backwards.

Advertisement
Napoleon Complex GIF by VapeWild

1a1a.gif

No shade, b/c I’m a huge Mirabal fan as a coach, but uhhhh….how in tf did he play OL in HS??
He was probably 80+ pounds larger than he is right now. He also played in the 80s. In South Florida ball, you see a handful of those types every now and then. Though even smaller SoFla ball, I played with a dude who was like 5' 4" 200+ also. Sometimes, it was like watching a bowling ball rolling toward pins.

He was probably 80+ pounds larger than he is right now. He also played in the 80s. In South Florida ball, you see a handful of those types every now and then. Though even smaller SoFla ball, I played with a dude who was like 5' 4" 200+ also. Sometimes, it was like watching a bowling ball rolling toward pins.
I was a 5.8ish 220 pound guard.

Advertisement
Question: has there been a successful team in recent memory that did NOT have an above average OL? I think we had some championship/great teams under Erickson that had below average OLs but can’t think of a recent team.
No.

In fact I'd argue it hasn't ever happened that OL wasn't at least average.

Advertisement
Back