Alex Collins finally signs with Arkansas

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly, I'm sick and tired of his drama...if he come, fine...but if he goes to Arkansas with Gatewood the Hutt, fine by me. He will enjoy getting curb stomped by Alabama every year

If the kid is 18, I dont understand why he needs a parent to sign. You can execute a contract as an 18 year old. Im sure he can appeal, or get a court to grant him some release.

Mother is going to have to relent at some point. I mean she cant FORCE him to come here, and how's that going to work anyway? Not like the players here are going to welcome this guy having to come here because his mother wouldnt let him go to the school he wanted to go to.

Good Gawd. I'm from Arkansas, its not for everybody, but neither is Miami. He's going to be a king there. But for us? Next.

Espn is saying that his mom won't sign the NLI at all if it is to Arkansas

This is why he probably should've let her know about his intentions earlier

exactly. the part that blows my mind is he supposedly told his family (and to some reports the coaches) he was committing to UM and then announced Ark on that ridiculous tv show even though he was telling others he made up his mind during the commercial break or something. he just seems like he has no idea what HE actually wants and is doing everything he can to please all the people around him.

Advertisement
His mother needs to let him go to where he wants at this point. Its ridiculous. After watching the interview he seems like he wants ARK as HIS choice. Sucks but true.

I highly doubt he's going to come here.

His mom should just sign the **** letter and let him go where he wants to.

kid needs to sleep on it for a couple of days and if Ark still feels right, go there. Needs a couple of days to convince his mom, but I'm over it

Advertisement
Every National Signing Day brings with it some unexpected suspense, and it appears we have our first such development this year.

Five-star running back Alex Collins verbally committed to Arkansas on Monday and was expected to make it official at a ceremony on Wednesday. Instead, Collins canceled his ceremony because he needed more time to think about his decision.

Which is somewhat different than the story from ESPN's RecruitingNation. Corey Long reported on Wednesday that Collins' mom "confiscated" his letter of intent and left the school with it. She reportedly did so because she doesn't want her son to leave the area to go to school.

As of late Wednesday afternoon, Collins' signing with Arkansas was considered "imminent" at Arkansas, a person close to the process told CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd. However, there were indications that a signed letter could come as late as Thursday.

While Collins' delay was one of the biggest surprises of signing day, the Arkansas staff went about its business of assembling Bret Bielema's first class of Hogs. In the Arkansas football offices, it was hard to tell the lynchpin of the class was delaying his decision. Arkansas remained strong in Florida -- Collins' home -- signing three players from the state. Coaches were especially excited about landing offensive lineman Denver Kirkland, a 6-foot-5, 320-pound prospect from Miami.

Collins is considered the top all-purpose running back in the 2013 class by 247Sports.com. The 5-11, 204-pound back from South Plantation, near Fort Lauderdale, Fla., has rushed for 2,915 yards and 38 touchdowns the last two seasons.

Collins is also considering Florida, Florida State, Miami and Wisconsin.

Advertisement
Man F*CK this kid already. Tell his moms his ship has sailed, give it to Williams and lets lock this B8tch up. I dont want no soft @ss punks who dont want to be here.

17 year old kid made a decision based on what the only male figure in his life was pushing despite telling his mother he'd do something else. Mom finds out via the television that he's making a different decision. As a parent of a 17 year old you have a ******* obligation to figure out what the **** happened. If one of my kids tells me they are doing something I know they want to do and later find out there was another adult influencing them, I'm gonna figure out what the **** is happening.

This guardianship thing is a total farce for me. Means nothing. Kids move in with coaches or random boosters all the time to enable them to play where they want to. It's NEVER for the kid. The adult is ALWAYS getting something out of it. Suck my **** Mr and Mrs Tuohy.

Why is mommy letting him live with an obese white man in the first place?

Man some people need to learn about this little thing called a condom.

Advertisement
Back