Alex Collins finally signs with Arkansas

LOL I lived in Ft Lauderdale for 15 years and moved to Oviedo 7 years ago. Sorry I have the ability to take my green and orange glasses off and look at things objectively. Keep avoiding any way to make a logical argument to anything I said though.

Good point. Looking at things onbjectively, I'll be back to neg you as soon as I can.

LMAO

Advertisement
@sgorten

Next few tweets will be the new statement just released from Alex Collins' mom's lawyer
“Ms. McDonald understands that Alex has received consent from his father who has signed the letter-of-intent for him..."
"to play football for the University of Arkansas. However, our client's initial intentions remain unchanged."
"She is a loving and caring mother who only wants her son to choose a university without any outside and inappropriate influences"
"Ms. McDonald hopes all NCAA rules and regulations were followed during today’s signing."

"She is not seeking any personal financial gain because her only concern is for Alex's happiness and well being"

138.jpg

LOL I lived in Ft Lauderdale for 15 years and moved to Oviedo 7 years ago. Sorry I have the ability to take my green and orange glasses off and look at things objectively. Keep avoiding any way to make a logical argument to anything I said though.

Hmmm

Johnny Cochran franchised his name and sold the rights. I wouldn't necessarily count on Johnny Cochran type of lawyering just because you hired "The Cochran Firm."

I'm not counting on Johnnie Cochran-type lawyering, I am counting on Johnnie doing the work. This is the Cochran Firm and Mr. Johnnie represents everyone who signs that firm.

That's exactly what any consumer of legal services who hires the Johnnie Cochbag Firm would expect. It's his name. Why wouldn't you expect him to be there handling your case?

He could be there but he won't be handling any cases since Johnny Cochran died like 7-8 years ago.
Unless you are talking about another lawyer and not the one who defended O.J.

Why in the world would they put his name on a law firm if he's not handling cases? I have to believe that Johnnie Cochran is handling the cases at the Johnnie Cochran Firm.

Trade name, bruh... The firm's name still goes a long way, even after the founder's death. Happens all the time.

I'm not counting on Johnnie Cochran-type lawyering, I am counting on Johnnie doing the work. This is the Cochran Firm and Mr. Johnnie represents everyone who signs that firm.

That's exactly what any consumer of legal services who hires the Johnnie Cochbag Firm would expect. It's his name. Why wouldn't you expect him to be there handling your case?

He could be there but he won't be handling any cases since Johnny Cochran died like 7-8 years ago.

Why in the world would they put his name on a law firm if he's not handling cases? I have to believe that Johnnie Cochran is handling the cases at the Johnnie Cochran Firm.

Trade name, bruh... The firm's name still goes a long way, even after the founder's death. Happens all the time.

Impossible. These upstanding lawyers would never attempt to swindle unsuspecting consumers of legal services into thinking Mr. Johnnie is involved in their case when he isn't. For my own sanity, I have to believe that Mr. Johnnie is handling the work at the Johnnie Cochran Firm.

Advertisement

Impossible. These upstanding lawyers would never attempt to swindle unsuspecting consumers of legal services into thinking Mr. Johnnie is involved in their case when he isn't. For my own sanity, I have to believe that Mr. Johnnie is handling the work at the Johnnie Cochran Firm.

Man, that's some air-tight logic. I think you're right. Mr. Cochran has to be handling this personally (or spiritually - whatever).

+rep

Last edited:
Lulz. I don't even want the kid anymore. I just want this to drag out and for them to find some dirt on Arkansas, Gatewood, or both.

Advertisement

Re: Collins' mom and her attorneys are accusing us of NCAA violations
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:07:29 PM »
If they file any motions, the first counter motion we should file is for discovery of attorney's fees and compensation. Blow this crap up at the source.

------------

The level of mental retardation over there is flabbergasting... What the fack is a counter motion? Why would attorney fees and sanctions ever be discoverable? Wow...

Last edited:

Love this one-

I think it's time to investigate Cochran Law Firm and see if its' partners are Miami boosters. I can't imagine a legitimate attorney taking this case, as there can't be much financial reward in it. There is likely an ulterior motive here...

That's a pretty good one... Are you sure you can't imagine a legitimate attorney taking this case?

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Does anybody else have a really bad feeling about this? Not only could we lose Collins, but we could also be under the eye of the NCAA for recruiting violations. I'm just hoping we did everything by the book for this guy."

I just thought about a TERRIBLE outcome of this. She takes this thing to the hilt and they uncover some impropriety. Due to said impropriety, would Alex then be ruled ineligible?

If he really did lie to his mom and brother about where he was going then I agree, that is messed up. He should have made his intentions clear from the get-go. However I still think she could have handled it better. There were 2 whole days between his announcement and NSD to deal with this.

And I have followed recruiting close enough to know that Wisconsin was very high on his list and when their coach went to Arkansas, Alex got interested in them. Draw your own conclusions but to me, that just tells me he likes Beilema.

As I said, time to move on and bag Michel early for next year. I personally think he's a better back than Collins anyway.

Advertisement
Back