Albany transfer QB Reese Poffenbarger commits to Miami

dude against FCS comp, tvd would light it up. it wasn't like Hufflepuff was playing fbs teams.
We're really arguing something I'm not saying. I'm not saying he's as good as TVD, I'm saying he's the back up we needed last year.. and will fill the role of a good back up this coming year. If he's TVD's actual replacement then I'm 100% with you.

Advertisement
dude against FCS comp, tvd would light it up. it wasn't like Hufflepuff was playing fbs teams.
I disagree to an extent. I do think he'd light up yards, but those interceptions directly to a linebacker dropping into a hook curl would happen at any level for tvd. Think our guy was having seizures on the field sometimes.

Defenses weren't disguising coverage. Literally just dropped 7-8 into base cover 2 or 3

I wouldn't really be worried about this if it weren't for the sudden about-face and gaslighting from everyone connected to the program about how this guy is actually a complete baller and basically baker mayfield. Like when they tried to convince everyone that the lower rated guy they got a commit from was really at the top of the board after missing on a 5*
No one said he's "basically Baker Mayfield". They said his personality and attitude is similar.

Poff also didnt have FBS talent around him on the OL or WRs. Watch some of his film. He fit a lot of passes in some tight windows, on time and in stride.

I wouldn't really be worried about this if it weren't for the sudden about-face and gaslighting from everyone connected to the program about how this guy is actually a complete baller and basically baker mayfield. Like when they tried to convince everyone that the lower rated guy they got a commit from was really at the top of the board after missing on a 5*
How I Met Your Mother Comedy GIF by Laff

Advertisement
We're really arguing something I'm not saying. I'm not saying he's as good as TVD, I'm saying he's the back up we needed last year.. and will fill the role of a good back up this coming year. If he's TVD's actual replacement then I'm 100% with you.
I agree w that

Advertisement
I hope the young fella comes in and lights it up so I can LMAO at all the armchair QB’s saying he’s not worthy of a Miami roster spot.

Poff’s played a lot of football and if nothing else will elevate the QB room. He should give Brown and Emory some competition and with a D1 level S & C and nutrition, he should improve physically. ESPN article listed him at 6’ 1” 215.
EOCRnpvUYAAgmza.jpg

No one said he's "basically Baker Mayfield". They said his personality and attitude is similar.
Ok ya so like I said they compared him to baker mayfield.

In fact I got a crypto to sell you on. It doesn't look like much now but I'll tell you it reminds me a lot of bitcoin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
More from ON3:

He was drawn to Dawson because “he’s a small-town guy and I’m a small-town kid, and he has a very similar background to me, started his coaching career at the D-III level and had to work for everything he’s gotten in the world of coaching. And that is through him just completely not caring about naysayers. He cares about the people in the building and the people that matter. … He will let you go out there and make mistakes, will let you go out there and play the way you want to play, but that comes with a price and the price is you give the program everything you have. You have to lead your guys, shake it off and play the next play – a guy like that it’ll come with a ton of success. He’s been looking for a guy to bring in that coincides with (his) belief and that’s why I wound up committing to them.”

Another factor: Jim Kelly. “I’ve been around Jim many a time and had discussions with him throughout this process,”
“He will let you go out there and make mistakes,”

Oh, no doubt. Dawson will let you go out there and throw interceptions over and over and won’t pull you.

Advertisement
Back