Albany transfer QB Reese Poffenbarger commits to Miami

Advertisement
Ok ya so like I said they compared him to baker mayfield.

In fact I got a crypto to sell you on. It doesn't look like much now but I'll tell you it reminds me a lot of bitcoin.
Dumb comparison. Personality isn't skillset or ability. Zo knows Mayfield, he helped draft him in Cleveland. Baker is a natural comparison in both are smallish QBs who play with a lot of fire and bravado and a chip on their shoulder.

Advertisement
puff the magic dragon smoke GIF by Xenoself

Dumb comparison. Personality isn't skillset or ability. Zo knows Mayfield, he helped draft him in Cleveland. Baker is a natural comparison in both are smallish QBs who play with a lot of fire and bravado and a chip on their shoulder.
Ok great so the guy is baker mayfield without the skills, that's reassuring. It's also reassuring that Zo played a part in the storied history of successful QBs drafted by the browns.

Ok great so the guy is baker mayfield without the skills, that's reassuring. It's also reassuring that Zo played a part in the storied history of successful QBs drafted by the browns.
You're just so eager to whine and complain that you take the staff's words and then twist them to say what you want you need it to so you can ***** about it.

It was a simple comparison of the personality and attitude of a player to a known player. Basically he's not a cerebral, methodical type of QB, he's not a calm, cool, unemotional type, he's the fiery, brash, undersized QB who plays with emotion and bravado. People make comparisons like that all the time.

Advertisement
You're just so eager to whine and complain that you take the staff's words and then twist them to say what you want you need it to so you can ***** about it.

It was a simple comparison of the personality and attitude of a player to a known player. Basically he's not a cerebral, methodical type of QB, he's not a calm, cool, unemotional type, he's the fiery, brash, undersized QB who plays with emotion and bravado. People make comparisons like that all the time.
I never twisted anything. I just repeated peoples justification for the take but you got upset about it.

People make player comparisons all the time but rarely do they make them to some of the greatest ever unless they're really trying to sell you ****. That's how most diamond in the rough takes work.

I never twisted anything. I just repeated peoples justification for the take but you got upset about it.

People make player comparisons all the time but rarely do they make them to some of the greatest ever unless they're really trying to sell you ****. That's how most diamond in the rough takes work.
More nonsense and whining.

I guess every time a high school coach says one of their players style and personality is similar to some famous player it means they think that player is the equal of the pro. 🙄

Or, as any non whiny reasonable person would ascertain, its a way to describe the style and personality on the field using a known example that people would be familiar with.

But enough on this, its played out. I'm sure yoy'll find another quote to twist soon enough.

FCS is like high school level players. This kid completed 58% of his passes. Yikes
It’s really not. Im not a fan of the take unless it’s in addition to bringing in Tua/Ward or someone else at that level. I don’t have alot of faith in that happening but Overwhelming majority of HS players could never play FCS level football or above. That being said overwhelming majority of FCS could never play major P5 level football.

No, but that doesn't justify ****ting on Poffenbarger. It's not his fault Ward and his camp can't see what's clear to everybody else.
Respectfully Disagree with this. Saying the kid is not a take, doesn’t belong at this level and expressing our disappointment in how QB portal recruiting has played out is not “****ting on” him. Tens of thousands of kids play college football at all levels, majority of them don’t belong at this level. That’s not ****ting on them it’s just reality.

A lot of us played at lower levels and if Mario offered us a scholarship we would’ve taken it but it still would’ve been a terrible take by Miami. No one is blaming the kid for coming here, no one is attacking him personally. Now the staff is a different story.

Plus doesn’t he have the personality of Baker and thrive on being underestimated??

step brothers dale GIF

Advertisement
why would he make that up? because it disproves the narrative on here?
In fairness you ask if UGA offered him and his comments are that they were “interested”, which are two different things. Plenty of players talk with programs that never offer them. We’ve talked to couple of QBs this cycle that we never offered.

Advertisement
My mistake on the counting TDs thought that was before rushing.

But um 34 touchdown per season and being an ALL-AMERICAN isn’t playing like a 5-star at FCS level? Season averages of 3300 yds/34 TOT TD/8.5 INT.

If youre mad at having him as depth, youre probably angry about something else.
People like you are weird af. Pretending to psychoanalyze people online as some sort of gotcha. All it says is you clearly know your argument is terrible.

I agree 100%

If Ward had signed initially, the same cast of idiots posting disparaging stuff now would've been overjoyed posting that he added needed depth and our backup was the FCS passing leader would've been the boast of the day.
He's not our backup, he's our starter

Unlike the many expert talent evaluators on here, I'm simply an idiot fan. I'll wait until he actually does something on the field, in a Hurricanes jersey, before drawing any conclusions

Advertisement
Back