Albany transfer QB Reese Poffenbarger commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Sad Drink GIF

Seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder. I’m not going to bet against him.

So does every 2* recruit.

What odds you want to give me on any one particular 2* recruit of your choosing?

Advertisement
Advertisement
So does every 2* recruit.

What odds you want to give me on any one particular 2* recruit of your choosing?
I am just talking about Poff. I don’t care about any other 2* recruit. Since you brought it up though, I wouldn’t bet against any player that led the country at the FCS level at their position.

Advertisement
I’m sorry my friend, after the Fins dookied themselves and the Mario QB search, not even giggly gifs can make me happy
**** bro. That's some dark ****. I was preparing myself all week for a loss last night so it didnt cut me to my core. Im sure nice giggly cheeks will soon put a smile on your face again.

Advertisement

@Memnon hey bro, you said after he committed you’d give ur take on the film - and maybe even a question or two I had below!!! Well…he committed!! lol

I’m all about watching film….the guy has it. Simple as that. At first glance of reading the 247 article on him, I said no thanks, strictly due to his rushing numbers as I’ve been a big time advocate for us needing a dual threat guy - BUT THEN I watched the film. This guy chooses to pass first and run when he needs to run - and make no mistake about it, he can SCOOT.

My film observations:

1) 35 second mark STRIKE
2) 46 second mark 50+ yard touchdown run vs Marshall
3) 55 second mark 40+ yard touchdown run vs Hawaii
4) 1 minute 50 second mark dime after going through his initial read, avoids a sack, rolls out and throws a strike…displays strong pocket awareness
5) 3 minute 57 second mark STRIKE - Sideline catches and tight windows with Restrepo elite route running
6) 4 minute 10 seconds mark - roll out and delivers an absolute dime
7) 4 minutes 40 seconds throws down the seam, which is invaluable for a quarterback that likes to throw the deep passes
8) 5 minutes 42 second mark, ridiculous accuracy- I’m done, kid is a frickin take, FCS be darned
9) 6 minute 12 second mark– to top it off kid has some Moxie with them.

Are we after this guy? After watching the film, and judging this guy alone aside from anyone else, what are your thoughts? Take or nah?

@Coach Macho
@Cribby
@DMoney
@Memnon
@LuCane

View attachment 277554

The Miami Hurricanes landed a commitment from Albany transfer quarterback Reese Poffenbarger on Monday afternoon. After a long and winding portal search for a QB, Mario Cristobal and staff are excited about what Poffenbarger brings to the table.

Originally from Middletown, Maryland, Poffenbarger began his career at Old Dominion in 2021 before redshirting and transferring to Albany. In his first season with the Great Danes, “Big Poff” won conference rookie of the year honors as well as FCS Rookie of the Year.

After Tyler Van Dyke entered the portal, Cristobal’s main priority has been grabbing a QB – albeit the search took much longer than the Canes staff anticipated or had hoped for, Poffenbarger comes to Coral Gables with big-time production and arm talent.

He has thrown for 60 TDs with 17 INTs over the last two seasons, along with 6,613 yards and a completion percentage of 59.9%.

View attachment 277553

Poffenbarger is listed at 6-feet, 208 pounds and helped lead Albany to an 11-4 record this season, including a conference title — it was the first in school history.

Poffenbarger now joins a Canes QB roster which includes Emory Williams and Jacurri Brown — and there is hope that the injured Williams could be ready for a return in the spring.
Great Danes College GIF by UAlbany

Advertisement
Back