Alabama vs Louisiana-Monroe

Advertisement
This is the most ridiculous comparison of all time. Who is making the case for Manny being similar to Saban in any which way?

Saban won a championship at LSU and then went to Alabama. Moreover he was upsetting higher ranked teams regularly at MSU and won at Toledo before getting the LSU gig. He didn't need to prove anything to anyone when hired at Alabama and had established himself. In other words he had "skins on the wall" to show high level HC coaching acumen.

Manny has done nothing to even deserve getting any P5 job.
Sabans Michigan St teams would run a train on this team...

Advertisement
Miami Coach Butch Davis said, “There is no excuse. I take full responsibility for the preparation and execution of our team, and I didn’t get it done tonight.” Butch after losing to East Carolina

What did Manny say after the game tonight ??
He said pretty much the same thing in his opening statement tbh..

Every coach who loses to a bad team their first year is going to be Nick Saban.

That's why there are so many Nick Sabans in college football.

Great post.
This is the most ridiculous comparison of all time. Who is making the case for Manny being similar to Saban in any which way?

Saban won a championship at LSU and then went to Alabama. Moreover he was upsetting higher ranked teams regularly at MSU and won at Toledo before getting the LSU gig. He didn't need to prove anything to anyone when hired at Alabama and had established himself. In other words he had "skins on the wall" to show high level HC coaching acumen.

Manny has done nothing to even deserve getting any P5 job.

What does that have to do with losing by 7 points at home to a 4-6 team im the same conference as FIU while already having 4 other losses on the season? He knew better and still lost but that wasn't the main point of the thread. The point was the reaction from Alabama boosters... they didnt give 2 fcks about his resume and they forced changes.

Advertisement
What does that have to do with losing by 7 points at home to a 4-6 team im the same conference as FIU while already having 4 other losses on the season? He knew better and still lost but that wasn't the main point of the thread. The point was the reaction from Alabama boosters... they didnt give 2 fcks about his resume and they forced changes.

Dude are you really trying to compare anything Saban did in the early years at Alabama to Manny in his early years? If so you can't be helped in any way.

Your post was too nuanced.

Advertisement
Your life?
So, you are pleased with the performances you have seen this year? I respected you once, but if you can't call out BS for BS, then I can no longer respect you. We made a cheap, easy, political, feel good hire, and these are the results. Choke on them.

So, you are pleased with the performances you have seen this year? I respected you once, but if you can't call out BS for BS, then I can no longer respect you. We made a cheap, easy, political, feel good hire, and these are the results. Choke on them.

Not pleased one bit. I’m simply calling you out for cheap shot at Manny is the HC if Miami bc his dad was the Mayor at one point. Manny earned his stripes and has slowly moved up. Is he good enough to be the HC here? Doesn’t appear so but it’s not bc if his dad or daddy as you would say.

Not pleased one bit. I’m simply calling you out for cheap shot at Manny is the HC if Miami bc his dad was the Mayor at one point. Manny earned his stripes and has slowly moved up. Is he good enough to be the HC here? Doesn’t appear so but it’s not bc if his dad or daddy as you would say.
You and I both know he got his jobs because of his father. Yeah, his family had NO influence on his career path. Seriously???

Advertisement
Miami Coach Butch Davis said, “There is no excuse. I take full responsibility for the preparation and execution of our team, and I didn’t get it done tonight.” Butch after losing to East Carolina

What did Manny say after the game tonight ??
Amen. End thread.

You and I both know he got his jobs because of his father. Yeah, his family had NO influence on his career path. Seriously???

This isn’t Jon Richt. Either way, this is more on Blake than Manny. Manny is in over his head. Has a good vision of Miami and respect of the past/culture but he made a bunch of bad hires.

This isn’t Jon Richt. Either way, this is more on Blake than Manny. Manny is in over his head. Has a good vision of Miami and respect of the past/culture but he made a bunch of bad hires.
If he had such a divine vision, his hires would have been better.

Advertisement
Back