Alabama vs Louisiana-Monroe

Astcloud11

Senior
Premium
After winning a National Championship with LSU and a brief stint with the Dolphins..Nick Saban returned to coach another SEC West squad in Alabama in 2007. Nick Saban took his 6-4 Crimson tide team to defend his home turf against the mighty Louisiana-Monroe(4-6) who was coming off a stunning victory against Grabling State (gave up 43 points to Middle-Tenn the week prior). Alabama would go on to put up a valiant 14 points against the vaunted ULM defense in a 7 point loss, pushing them to 6-5, and allowing ULM to move to 5-6 on the season.

The difference between Bama's lost and Miami's lost was the 10+ years of head coaching experience that Saban had in comparison to Diaz. Same exact loss, 12 years ago, no matter which way you try to spin it.

However, here's the kicker. THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI IS NOT THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA.

I'll say it again incase you didn't read it.

THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI IS NOT ALABAMA.

Everyone wants to say not to compare Diaz to Saban, but fvck all that. They got the same loss in year 1 among others.. the DIFFERENCE is that Alabama dropped BAGS upon BAGS to push Saban to get recruits and Saban rubbed every single loss in the face of his players.

NICK SABAN DIDNT FIRE A SOUL, he had 2 assistants get hired elsewhere and replaced them. Realistically tho, the Bama boosters weren't going to buyout the assistants that Saban wanted gone after 1 year, so he forced them out and they got "hired away".

This year is NOT a rebuilding year, it was a TERRIBLE send off for some Seniors who gave their all to this program and ultimately Diaz and his staff FAILED. The big question for me now, is will Miami's administration force changes, or will we continue to support Al Golden in his decision to keep D'Onofrio? Will we continue to support Mark Richt's decision to remain the offensive coordinator? Let's watch the disappointment unfold for another offseason.

Advertisement
This is the most ridiculous comparison of all time. Who is making the case for Manny being similar to Saban in any which way?

Saban won a championship at LSU and then went to Alabama. Moreover he was upsetting higher ranked teams regularly at MSU and won at Toledo before getting the LSU gig. He didn't need to prove anything to anyone when hired at Alabama and had established himself. In other words he had "skins on the wall" to show high level HC coaching acumen.

Manny has done nothing to even deserve getting any P5 job's.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anybody can point to a great team and say, well, yeah but they lost to this **** team and look what happened. Most of thetime its a one off. Tonight isnt a one off. This is the third team this year that we’ve been favorites by over 20 points and ended up losing.

Tbh..and I’m being real..y’all letting the players off The hook way too much with this one..it’s ******* FIU..as a player u know more than half them guys on the other side..and YOU show up flat..YOU get whipped on 4th down in the red zone Twice..YOU drop a ball that leads to a pick..YOU don’t create any pressure along the LOS..YOU kill any chance for a rally by get on sportsmanship penalties..by ******* Seniors..as a player YOU got punked against FIU because YOU thought it was a cake walk..As the Coach YOU can’t allow this to happen..every mistake I see on films I’d make them feel that **** on Sunday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, as long as “great things” don’t involve being a successful head football coach.
Oh no, I'd never go there. I'd go *** before I went there. Luckily, there's no threat of that. Even with my wife leaving me after tonight.

Advertisement
Miami Coach Butch Davis said, “There is no excuse. I take full responsibility for the preparation and execution of our team, and I didn’t get it done tonight.” Butch after losing to East Carolina

What did Manny say after the game tonight ??

Advertisement
Back