Alabama fans are racist??? What a shocker!

Advertisement
If saying go back to the projects is racist, would telling the Bama fans to go back to their trailer parks racist as well?
Not particularly. There isn’t an inherent association of white, upper-middle class college students at a wealthy university with rural poverty like there is with Black college athletes and the inner city.

Considering the nature of Miami’s recruiting base and history, I figured we’d all know that.

Do you think Miami fans include racists? I don't. They wouldn't be fans by now. This school is the champion of diversity.
There are some idiots in the fanbase, but if they express that crap in public, it will be dealt with. That’s the difference, bigotry isn’t socially acceptable around here.

Advertisement
There are some idiots in the fanbase, but if they express that crap in public, it will be dealt with. That’s the difference, bigotry isn’t socially acceptable around here.
Exactly my point, racism is everywhere but I personally never heard anything like that at a home Canes game in the 25 years I've been going to games. Talk that racist **** in the Rock and you'll find your head rolling down the stairs.

Exactly my point, racism is everywhere but I personally never heard anything like that at a home Canes game in the 25 years I've been going to games. Talk that racist **** in the Rock and you'll find your head rolling down the stairs.

Racist AND homophobic. A twofer.

Yea, there is no way in **** you could yell something even remotely racist and not get beat down at Hard Rock.

Advertisement
Alabama is done. Nick Saban is done. He's Bobby Bowden in the later years. Way past his prime, everyone around him can see it's time to hang it up but he's not ready to let go.

Saban is the GOAT but father time is undefeated. He's an old man, and he coaches now like an old man. They're done being a threat and will only get worse every year from here on out. And when Saban does retire, whoever they get next will be no Saban. That dynasty is over, and it's a good thing for the rest of college football.

Couldn't honestly be a better time for the Canes to start making a resurgence.

Advertisement
I’m going to go out on a limb and say Bama’s % is probably significantly higher than Miami
What about Athens? Knoxville? Starkville? Gainesville? Oxford? Etc?

Where are you going with it? One could argue where you are going could be racist in and of itself.

People are the same everywhere. It’s 2023. There are also people with issues on all sides and different locations.

Shouldn’t label an entire school or region because of a few idiots. Been to a lot of games where our fans didn’t act any better.

Where are you going with it? One could argue where you are going could be racist in and of itself.

People are the same everywhere. It’s 2023. There are also people with issues on all sides and different locations.

Shouldn’t label an entire school or region because of a few idiots. Been to a lot of games where our fans didn’t act any better.
In North Miami Beach where I grew up. People got beat up just for looking racist. Just about anywhere else outside of south Florida that I have ever been is more racist and much less diverse. To me it’s not the same.

Advertisement
In North Miami Beach where I grew up. People got beat up just for looking racist. Just about anywhere else outside of south Florida that I have ever been is more racist and much less diverse. To me it’s not the same.
wow. And people think Tuscaloosa has issues.

wow. And people think Tuscaloosa has issues.
waka flocka business GIF

When I graduated from UM, there was not a single African-American player on the entire roster. The very first Black recruit, Ray Bellamy, occurred right when I left in 1967.

Why was UM late to the integration game? The UM Administration's official answer was that, even though we played as an "Independent," we scheduled SEC schools and those schools would no longer play us if we changed our policy of excluding Blacks. Simple as that (so God knows how many great players we passed on over the decades). We and the country def have come a long way!

Advertisement
Back