Al recruiting NJ kids again

pumbaa

Sophomore
So saw on WEZ pictures of him with Jerome Washington a TE out of NJ. I was hoping he was on a 2x4 and banana leaves floating in the FL straits.

Advertisement
Scheme is the new cloud. Golden needs to recruit somewhere where the "scheme cloud" isn't hovering.

Wait next year after AQM is back and Courtel has an off-season in weight room and tell me if u hate NJ kids. Last time i checked, OP outperformed Earl Moore Dequan Ivery and Jelani Hamilton here.

Wait next year after AQM is back and Courtel has an off-season in weight room and tell me if u hate NJ kids. Last time i checked, OP outperformed Earl Moore Dequan Ivery and Jelani Hamilton here.

And when AQM, OP, and any other stupid *** acryonym you can throw out for guys names suck a huge bag of d!cks because our scheme, coaching, and condition are a flat out joke holla at me then.

I'm from NJ. highschool football up here is a joke. there's some gems in north jersey at some private schools but I don't think there game translates to south florida football. Al recruits these kids because they aren't in touch with the rest of us about the state of this program. These poor kids think they're actually being recruited to the old U

Advertisement
I played HS ball in NJ. Moved to FL. No comparison.

There are gems every where and I have no problem with taking an AQM or a QB like Olsen, but the primary focus should be on South FL. Passing on any Dade/Broward/PBC kid for a JAG NJ kid a joke. If you need a JAG take one the builds pipelines to key schools.

Take the best player available no matter where he is from. Same logic is used in the NFL. Tie breakers should always go to the local kid for too many reasons to list in a short post.

actually if I'm honest. I knew AQM was a stud but when they signed Coutrel i thought is was just to get hester. i didnt think he would be good but he played tough

Hester was a risky offer and the coaches knew that. He floated around to multiple HS's. Could never make his mind up about what college to attend. But I guess this is normal in recruiting when offering certain type of questionable character players. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Advertisement
Not enough "coal shovelers" on the team to be able to compete for the ACC Coastal yet.

So saw on WEZ pictures of him with Jerome Washington a TE out of NJ. I was hoping he was on a 2x4 and banana leaves floating in the FL straits.

You do realize that he is the #1 Juco TE in the nation, right?

Advertisement
2001 team is possibly the greatest college football team ever assembled.
Interesting thing is that on the 98 man roster there were 44 who were not from FL, including 13 of the 24 starters.

44/98 were not from FL.
13/24 starters not from FL
4/6 AA were not from FL
8/13 All Big-East not from FL
7/9 Award finalists not from FL

Joaquin was the OL starter from FL.

o. Name Pos. Cl. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School/JC
1 Daryl Jones WR Sr. 5-10 184 Dallas, TX/Carter
11 Ken Dorsey QB Jr. 6-5 210 Orinda, CA/Miramonte
88 Jeremy Shockey TE Jr. 6-6 236 Ada, OK/Ada/NE Oklahoma JC
78 Bryant McKinnie OT Sr. 6-9 335 Woodbury, NJ/Woodbury/Lackawanna JC
74 Sherko Haji-Rasouli OL Jr. 6-6 326 Toronto, Ontario, Canada/MacDonald
65 Martin Bibla OG Sr. 6-4 300 Mountaintop, PA/Crestwood
66 Brett Romberg C Jr. 6-3 293 Windsor, Ontario, Canada/Belle River District

17 D.J. Williams LB So. 6-2 244 Concord, CA/De La Salle
20 Edward Reed FS Sr. 6-0 198 St. Rose, LA/Destrehan
48 Chris Campbell LB Sr. 6-2 225 Mt. Pleasant, TX/Mt. Pleasant
23 James Lewis SS Sr. 5-11 196 Piscataway, NJ/Piscataway

13 Freddie Capshaw P Jr. 5-11 190 Rock Springs, WY/Rock Springs
16 Todd Sievers K Jr. 6-3 215 Ankeny, IA/Ankeny

We need to recruit top talent regardless where they live.

Just look at the 13 out of state starters we had:
1 IA
1 WY
2 NJ
1 OK
2 TX
1 LA
1 PA
2 CA
2 Canada

Last edited:
Advertisement
This board is full of fools. You can't win with only Florida kids. We never have and we never will. Formula is simple, 1. South Florida first. 2. Rest of Florida next 3. Rest of country
When done we should have somewhere near a 50/25/25 ratio. When we go outside of those ratios it's a fail. And finally to the biggest fool, go ask STA about NJ football.

You do realize that he is the #1 Juco TE in the nation, right?

I also realize he will ride the bench behind some 2star walk on because thats just how he rolls. We go after the number 1 tight end when we have Dobard and we won't even touch a DE or DT? Yeah get some coal shovlers out of nowheresville Bergen Township for that. GTFO

Advertisement
Back