Al Golden UCLA

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
It's been interesting that Golden has waffled so much on his future here. He either wants more money or is open to leaving. If he's open to leaving you have to wonder what his options are. Realistically Penn State is out due to his former ties to the program.

If you think about what programs would be attractive UCLA sticks out. He wanted the job 3 years ago. They are in a fertile recruiting area and USC will have limited scholarships the next 3 years. They can recruit nationally. Al is a salesman and he can create a great story there. UCLA has always struck me as a UF type program pre-Spurrier. Tons of potential waiting to be unlocked.

I think he stays but if he leaves it wouldn't suprise me if he went after this one.

Advertisement
Al is opening this up. It would be so easy for him to shut it down. He's not stupid so you have to think he has his reasons. I never bought the Penn State job given his link to Paterno. He has to know that also. So if that's not an option and he's still not shutting down talk of leaving you have to think he is open to other jobs.

One thing I don't understand about all this (and I love Al Golden and know that we have the right guy here) is why do people think a coach who goes 7-5 at Miami and never won anything at Temple is such a hot commodity in the coaching world? It's not like he has a very innovative offense or defense, or **** it's not like he is an amazing recruiter, so I just don't see why other Universities would be jumping all over him to bring him in. He would be a tough sell to a fan base.

He is perfect for Miami right now, elsewhere? Not so much. Miami is also a perfect fit for him and his style, don't see him succeeding as much at any other school. Penn State was the only school I would have been really worried about, and I don't think he goes there anymore at this point. We got lucky with this scandal outbreak, and Golden will remain a Cane for a few years and we will be an elite team soon.

Advertisement
I really dont agree with the thought that he deserves more money to be honest. Our School believes he is the guy to turn this thing around so they will probably up his salary, but whether he deserves it or not we have no idea

I don't really see how Golden dodging the PSU question now means he's a candidate for every available HC job.

They need to 'lock him up' quickly to get this **** out of the way and so that we can concentrate on recruiting. Figure he gets a pretty nice raise with a bear of a buyout.

One thing I don't understand about all this (and I love Al Golden and know that we have the right guy here) is why do people think a coach who goes 7-5 at Miami and never won anything at Temple is such a hot commodity in the coaching world? It's not like he has a very innovative offense or defense, or **** it's not like he is an amazing recruiter, so I just don't see why other Universities would be jumping all over him to bring him in. He would be a tough sell to a fan base.

He is perfect for Miami right now, elsewhere? Not so much. Miami is also a perfect fit for him and his style, don't see him succeeding as much at any other school. Penn State was the only school I would have been really worried about, and I don't think he goes there anymore at this point. We got lucky with this scandal outbreak, and Golden will remain a Cane for a few years and we will be an elite team soon.

because of the cool Raising Canes documentary films. he's like yelling and stuff and saying motivational things. it looks awesome.

Advertisement
The best explanation is that he wants, and deserves, more $.

Why? What has he doen to deserve more money? Cause he nor his agent didnt do their homework when it was clear this Shapiro mess came out in August of 2010 and Miami reported it? It wasnt like this was some secret no one knew about. They should have done their due diligence.

He has done nothing yet that suggests he deserves more money.

Advertisement
LOL LOL LOL. You really think he would leave Miami for UCLA? UCLA is in an even worse situation than we are, they are absolutely terrible. This is honestly one of the dumbest things that I have seen posted on here.

The best explanation is that he wants, and deserves, more $.

Why? 7 wins = more money? I love the guy and think he brings us back, but if he wants to take advantage of the program being down by conning the administration out of more money after a 7 win season, then he's no better than the Shapiros and Robinsons of the world. Granted he did a great job under the circumstances, but **** man, play out your contract. Why is that so hard for people to do these days?

He doesn't deserve more money, that's bull****. He may be angling for more, but 6(7)-5 doesn't deserve it.

I love the potential, but he hasn't proven anything yet.

Advertisement
Good luck with that UCLA. They have proven to be so apathetic towards building a successful football program it would be impossible for any coach to win there consistently.

UCLA would have to contact UM's AD for permission, and since Golden has signed an extension; it's not happening. UCLA is not a top rated job and their brand is less than stellar.

Advertisement
Back