Al Golden recruiting Article

TheUnuffSAID

GreenTree All-American
View attachment 7840

CORAL GABLES, Fla.—Somehow, this became about one player. This magnificent day, this best day in a tired, tumultuous first year for Al Golden at Miami, became about the one player the Canes didn’t have.

Instead of the enormity of what they just accomplished.

Al Golden and Miami had a strong showing on National Signing Day.
“Hey, let’s not forget,” Canes offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch said as the staff was filing out of a meeting room. “We just had a great day.”

That, everyone, is the understatement of the recruiting season.

Considering the baggage on board, the unflattering aura glaring off the program like those neon lights in South Beach, Golden and the Canes did the unthinkable on National Signing Day: They landed a top 10 recruiting class with one foot in the NCAA hoosegow.

Read the rest below.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...ay-2012-miami-matt-hayes-al-golden-hurricanes

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The thrust of the article is great, but I have a feeling they completely invented the "one that got away" for the sake of the story. IIRC, nobody was talking/asking questions about losing a particular recruit on NSD...

Advertisement
The thrust of the article is great, but I have a feeling they completely invented the "one that got away" for the sake of the story. IIRC, nobody was talking/asking questions about losing a particular recruit on NSD...

they were pretty specific in the article that golden was waiting on just one to announce at the end of the day. be interesting to know who da **** it was, like we had room anyway...

Definitely Avery Young, but even him going elsewhere couldnt put a damper on the job AG and staff did. He came here with the credentials of a big time recruiter/player developer. So far, hes looking good in the recruiter dept.

Advertisement
I'd rather they didn't take shots at the NCAA while praising us at the same time. We could do without that.

I'd also disagree that our case is "the most damning case the NCAA has ever assembled." Uh, I think dude might want to watch that 30 for 30 about SMU Pony Excess. Or maybe read all the real journalists that discredited the Yahoo article.

Other than that, good read.

Would have been nice to sign Young also, but Flowers is better so that helps. Nice article though, thanks for posting.

If Miami can recruit this well with everything stacked against it, what happens when Golden starts winning big and more recruits follow?

Be afraid, everyone.

Advertisement
If Miami can recruit this well with everything stacked against it, what happens when Golden starts winning big and more recruits follow?

Be afraid, everyone.

why are you yelling? why should we be afraid of our coach recruiting well?

Be afraid, everyone.

why are you yelling? why should we be afraid of our coach recruiting well?

I think he is just saying that those lines got to the "juices flowing" for him and i dont blame him

Advertisement
If we don't get hammered by the NCAA and show some improvements on the field we are going to clean the **** up in recruiting the next couple years. This staff is doing by far the best job getting on kids early according to everybody with inside access to recruiting. The work ethic will pay off.

Advertisement
Back