Al Golden on Stephen Morris

I'm not a fan of playing a QB that takes zero reps the entire week leading up to a game.

Last year vs FSU Miami really had no choice, but vs UNC this year is nearly cost Miami the game. If he cannot get "live action" the week leading up to WF, there is no way he should play.

Agree

Not to mention, and not that it really matters, but Ryan Williams must feel like some kind of ******* if for the second week in a row he is taking all the 1st team reps and he ends up with the headset. Kid will be competing for - and will be the front runner going into camp - the starting job next year.

Advertisement
Morris has 37 career TDs and 26 career INTs. He still has time to turn it around and have a very good season but I don't see it happening as long as he keeps making these outlandish decisions.

Advertisement
The decision making has zero to do with the ankle, or any lingering effects thereof.

I can buy the timing thing...but deciding to chuck the ball into traffic late in a play where you've already left the tackle box and can simply throw the ball away....has absolutely ZERO to do with an injured ankle.

He is what he is. Consistently inconsistent. Our Jeff George if you will....enjoy the ups and downs cause there will be more to come.

100% spot on. Dude has jingle bells playing in his head during pre-snap and drop back reads.

I'm not a fan of playing a QB that takes zero reps the entire week leading up to a game.

Last year vs FSU Miami really had no choice, but vs UNC this year is nearly cost Miami the game. If he cannot get "live action" the week leading up to WF, there is no way he should play.

This makes way too much sense.

Morris has 37 career TDs and 26 career INTs. He still has time to turn it around and have a very good season but I don't see it happening as long as he keeps making these outlandish decisions.

he has a worse career td-int ratio than jacory right now, so he better dislodge his head from his *** and start playing like a senior.

Advertisement
Zone, quit trying to rationalize your ****** prediction for the UNC game. You're a complete clown.

Zone, quit trying to rationalize your ****** prediction for the UNC game. You're a complete clown.

Somebodys mad Miami won LMAO

Yeah i was the only person to predict a blowout.... gtfoh troll. My prediction next week is Miami blows out Wake, U MAD?

Last year after Stephen Morris struggled against FSU, he became the "hottest" QB in the country..... I got him doing the same thing after the UNC performance.

Once he gets healthy, hopefully, get back in his normal routine and getting back in sync w/ the receivers, Stephen Morris is going to be back to lighting up the score boards.

BIG TIME..... I know he's going to lead Miami to the ACCCG, CANT WAIT

I'm more concerned about his decision making than his ankle.

Al Golden did say that Stephen's "routine" hasnt been consistent at all b/c of his ankle injury..... there's more to it then the ankle, not practicing, rust, timing.

Like I've said, I love Al Golden, I love that this team is 6-0, I don't question many of his decisions but Williams should have been given a series or two on Thursday night. In one breath Al Golden is saying Morris is fine and he never questioned pulling him and in then he goes on to so that UNC's defense threw some things at him he wasn't prepared for in addition to what he was battling physically. I understand the coach speak to the media.

Golden also says that Williams is ready to win games but that it was time to let Morris lead this team 91 yards to win the game. Obviously if you rode with Morris through the entire game and watched him throw 4 INT's and still hadn't brought in Williams you're not going to put a cold Williams out on the field to try that 91 yard march. I just wish Williams got a shot in the 2nd quarter for a series or two to see if he could give Morris some much needed relief without ever having to win on the last possession marching 91 yards and winning with 16 seconds left.

It is what it is and Miami is 6-0. I danced and cheered in my living room when Crawford got the go ahead score. I just want to see Morris get healthy which he isn't and start leading this team without the mental BS.

Advertisement
Zone, quit trying to rationalize your ****ty prediction for the UNC game. You're a complete clown.

Yeah i was the only person to predict a blowout.... gtfoh troll. My prediction next week is Miami blows out Wake, U MAD?

Not mad at all, just think you calling me every name under the sun for saying it was going to be a tough game was a dbag moved by you.

Zone, quit trying to rationalize your ****ty prediction for the UNC game. You're a complete clown.

Not mad at all, just think you calling me every name under the sun for saying it was going to be a tough game was a dbag moved by you.

Lies..... I didnt call you every other name under the sun, I called you a ****** for acting like a ******, simple as that.

Your opinion of it being a game that "we" should worry about was spot on but acting like a ***** and creating the 10th thread about how Miami fans should be "scared" of UNC was a soft shouldered move, really it came off like trolling since you created a new thread among all of the other soft shouldered threads that were created that week.

Advertisement
Golden stood by Jacory. He's not abandoning Morris under any circumstance.

Jacory Harris was our best option at QB his Senior year..... that BC game was his worst game of the entire season.

No he wasn't. That season was a wash, Morris should have been the starter for the last few games at least.

why? to tell every quarterback recruit that turning your career around and having a great senior season will result in you getting benched to prepare for next year because you aren't in bowl contention?

Give me a break. Everything that could have gone wrong for Miami did. Duke and Dorsett go down? Morris is hobbling around the field throwing 4 INT's? You just happened to be right that the game was close but you didn't think it would be close because of how it was close.

Miami should have stomped UNC. It just wasn't their night. Had the blowout happened you would have just been a mope.

Golden stood by Jacory. He's not abandoning Morris under any circumstance.

Jacory Harris was our best option at QB his Senior year..... that BC game was his worst game of the entire season.

No he wasn't. That season was a wash, Morris should have been the starter for the last few games at least.

why? to tell every quarterback recruit that turning your career around and having a great senior season will result in you getting benched to prepare for next year because you aren't in bowl contention?

How did Jacory turn his career around? Because he didn't lead the entire nation in INT's again? I would have gladly watched Morris play over Jacory and get some reps for the following season. I don't buy that recruiting would have been effected at all by that decision.

If Duke Johnson didnt get knocked out the 1st quarter and Phillip Dorsett didnt get hurt either, Miami would've beaten UNC easily

Advertisement
Back