Al Golden on Hurricane Hotline last night

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Most of this was the standard Goldenisms, but he said three things I thought were interesting

1) He was effusive about Stephen Morris. Said that he had an "elite arm" and that even Fisch as an NFL guy can't believe some of his throws. Also said he is making major leaps in practice from a command standpoint (which I have been hearing from those around Greentree).

2) Dallas Crawford and Ryan Williams are the stars of the scout team. Seemed excited about their development.

3) He is very excited about Southward and Dillard. Said they were guys he was targeting for a while and fit the profile of what he's looking for.

Anyone else tune in?

Advertisement
I was listening for a while but missed Golden. Heard Smith talking with Stephen McGuire which was pretty good.

D$,
Crawford a S or CB? S is as thin as CB.

I also think its crazy when people don't think Morris has a shot to start next year, I like his potential a lot. Should be a great QB battle between Williams and Morris.

I just find the Crawford deal baffling. If he is a star on scout team why is he not getting the reps on the field over Williams, Mcgee, Chambers, Finnie? He is traveling to FSU, so we shall see... but I mean ****... we are in desperate need of a DB to step up and make some plays for us.

As far as Morris goes, there is no reason he shouldnt be a star here. His arm is most certainly ELITE. Once he gets it upstairs and has a year with this coaching staff we will see major strides similar to Jacorys improvement this year, which has been steadfast. Williams vs. Morris next spring should be interesting.

On another note, we reallllly need Streeter to come on back next year.

D$,

To me, he's a safety all the way. His best attribute is his ball skills. His worst attribute is his speed. Why make him chase receivers?

He's short for a safety, but he's strong and physical. Put him next to James Lewis and they are the same size.

He's been at safety, but Golden said publicly he's still figuring out what he will ultimately be.

Saw Streeter mention how they really wanted to win this game against FSU as there would be a number of players (who were seniors) who wouldn't be back next year - and it hit me hard that he didn't include himself among those who wouldn't be back next year.

Anyone else see that, and has the exact quote?

Advertisement
If Im Streeter id bolt if I could get in the third round or earlier. If not, stick it out another year. Al Davis is gone now so Im not sure if the raiders would take him 7th overall now.

Not sure why Streeter would leave. He has a lot to learn, improve on and this years WR class is loaded at the top.

But I never knock a player who leaves and is in the 1st few rounds. I also don't know his family situation that well.

Not sure why Streeter would leave. He has a lot to learn, improve on and this years WR class is loaded at the top.

But I never knock a player who leaves and is in the 1st few rounds. I also don't know his family situation that well.

Street has a daughter.

And I can think of a few million reasons to leave early...

D$,

To me, he's a safety all the way. His best attribute is his ball skills. His worst attribute is his speed. Why make him chase receivers?

He's short for a safety, but he's strong and physical. Put him next to James Lewis and they are the same size.

He's been at safety, but Golden said publicly he's still figuring out what he will ultimately be.

Well then I hope he's a S. As bad as CB is all we have as S is VT, RRA (maybe), Highsmith, Cornelius, Rodgers, and Armbrister. The 1st 3 will all be seniors and not sure Cornelius or Rodgers can be full time starters.

Advertisement

Street has a daughter.

I don't think this is true. In the behind the scenes videos the little girl is his niece.

Street has a daughter.

I don't think this is true. In the behind the scenes videos the little girl is his niece.

my apologies. that is the little girl i was referring to.

Advertisement
I don't think Highsmith is going to be a senior, I think he will be a junior next year.

Advertisement
Back