Al Blades Jr's ceiling

Odysseus

Freshman
How about this player comparison, I'm not talking about now but by end of his junior season if he stays healthy. Similar builds at about 6-1 200 lbs and Okudah was safety coming out of high school while many thought blades was a safety coming out also. So that means big physical tackling corners, but the biggest things that makes me think Blades can make the jump is that 9 times out of 10 when a ball is thrown his way he is right on the receivers hip pocket everything is contested and is a battle. Only thing the NFL is going to want to see more ints but his ceiling is extremely high. What y'all boys think is it possible

Advertisement
Mike Rumph is a great developer and coach. He’ll get Blades picked in the 4-5th round max...

Joking aside, I can see it. Blades got the skills. He’s gotta put it together this year. We just gotta let him play. Stop subbing him out unless we need to. Let him lock down his side and watch him flourish.

But yeah I actually like that comparison and they kinda look alike. At least with their helmet on lol

Advertisement
Yea I think just let him lock down one side of the field keep getting as many reps as possible. I only seen him get burned once where he wasn't close against FIU I believe but he has all the tools and no TD's allowed too

If Blades runs in the Mid/High 4.4 range he will be going day 1. Blades is a shutdown corner, but GMs know if he doesn't run well they get Miami Players at a Premium. Hendo can't tackle, but he's fast. Speed will determine Blades Jr fate.

Advertisement
I think blades is 3rd rounder today. The next step forward I believe he’ll take can have him high second or the back of first. I’ll take either

Advertisement
They say he ran a 4.54 40 in high school so maybe he can be mid to high 4.4s by the time he leaves here.

First and foremost.. He is Blade!

that being said he is a dog and will ball out this year. One corner is 🔒

Draft ceiling is tough to predict. I believe he was clocked last year as the the player that reached the highest speed in practice. The tools and size are there.

now 2021 draft is loaded .. great QBs, OTs and many CBs... of course the **** projections has the ( CIS infamous Jobe and Campbell) going earlier when we know neither has outplayed Al. NFL size, length VIAs. There are also other studs like Surtain, the Virginia and Ohio State CBs that deservedly will go earlier.

I see an all ACC first or second team and a late second round/early third. Of course wish him a 1st round pick.

Advertisement
I'm probably the biggest Al Blades Jr. fan so 1st round lol...of course he has to continue to grow and get better

First and foremost.. He is Blade!

that being said he is a dog and will ball out this year. One corner is 🔒

Draft ceiling is tough to predict. I believe he was clocked last year as the the player that reached the highest speed in practice. The tools and size are there.

now 2021 draft is loaded .. great QBs, OTs and many CBs... of course the **** projections has the ( CIS infamous Jobe and Campbell) going earlier when we know neither has outplayed Al. NFL size, length VIAs. There are also other studs like Surtain, the Virginia and Ohio State CBs that deservedly will go earlier.

I see an all ACC first or second team and a late second round/early third. Of course wish him a 1st round pick.
If Jobe wants to get drafted high, he'd better:

1) skip the wonderlic;
2) leave early.

NFL frowns on older players in the draft. If given the chance with everything held equal, they go with the younger guy.

Advertisement
Back