Al Blades Jr. transferring to STA

It's getting bad when we have public announcements on joining high school teams. Already enough madness with signing day shenanigans for college

we have "adults" promoting it.....ive seen a whole lot of "blessed to say im taking my talents to ________ insert high school"...and its crazy the kids former classmates/friends have a sh*tload of congrats bro...behind it...

This sh*t is crazy to me...

Like these dudes need to be humbled...ASAP..but im blame the people that "promote" it...i would forward all the kids that transferred to another public school directly to the fhsaa....since you want to "announce"...cant do nothing with the privates though...

FHSAA just passed a bill that allows kids to transfer to any school for sports.

students are allowed to go to any school - whether it's for academics or athletics

Advertisement
Only if the school they are zoned to is a "F" or "D" school I believe. Kids can't "officially" go wherever they want. Senior year you can though. At least that's what I was told.

As a public school coach, I'm getting real tired of this garbage. It's become impossible to keep a high caliber player regardless whether you're coaching them well or not. You're fighting way too many outside forces. People are constantly in these kid's ears.

There (at least) needs to be a rule passed where a kid cannot transfer once he enters his Junior (or maybe Senior) year. Freshman or Sophomore, you can go whether you want. This would prevent these private schools from capitalizing off of kids that other coaches developed. You got kids out here transferring after winning games and/or being productive at their former school. Western just lost a WR that caught 88 balls for 1200 yards this season. Now he'll go to STA and help them win another state championship while only registering 32 catches. He'll be "just another guy" for them, where at his home they'd rely on him heavily to win games.

I don't understand why these kids would rather be "another guy" when they can be "that guy".

As a public school coach, I'm getting real tired of this garbage. It's become impossible to keep a high caliber player regardless whether you're coaching them well or not. You're fighting way too many outside forces. People are constantly in these kid's ears.

There (at least) needs to be a rule passed where a kid cannot transfer once he enters his Junior (or maybe Senior) year. Freshman or Sophomore, you can go whether you want. This would prevent these private schools from capitalizing off of kids that other coaches developed. You got kids out here transferring after winning games and/or being productive at their former school. Western just lost a WR that caught 88 balls for 1200 yards this season. Now he'll go to STA and help them win another state championship while only registering 32 catches. He'll be "just another guy" for them, where at his home they'd rely on him heavily to win games.

I don't understand why these kids would rather be "another guy" when they can be "that guy".

Most poster will probably see this as sour grapes but I will ya on this Macho. This sounds like a recipe for disaster.

BUT the only question I have is that do you think the reason this was done was because of what happened at that school in broward last year or two years ago? I cant remember what school it was but Joe Rose was talking about it on the radio and it had to do with a mutiny on the team and the coaches quitting or something and the kids were stuck. And there were some former dolphin players who went out there to help coach them through the season..I swear I wish I could remember what school it was...

While I think this hurts the schools who are out there doing the right thing and coaching kids the right way...I also think it helps kids who feel they are stuck at a school that isnt developing them right, dont take the sport serious, and they have no way of getting out of the situation.

Which is why I agree with your amendment..by your sophomore year you should know if your coaches suck. You should be allowed to transfer. If you stick it out to your Sr year and just want to "jump on a bandwagon" you should definitely not be allowed to do this.

Advertisement

Most poster will probably see this as sour grapes but I will ya on this Macho. This sounds like a recipe for disaster.

BUT the only question I have is that do you think the reason this was done was because of what happened at that school in broward last year or two years ago? I cant remember what school it was but Joe Rose was talking about it on the radio and it had to do with a mutiny on the team and the coaches quitting or something and the kids were stuck. And there were some former dolphin players who went out there to help coach them through the season..I swear I wish I could remember what school it was...

While I think this hurts the schools who are out there doing the right thing and coaching kids the right way...I also think it helps kids who feel they are stuck at a school that isnt developing them right, dont take the sport serious, and they have no way of getting out of the situation.

Which is why I agree with your amendment..by your sophomore year you should know if your coaches suck. You should be allowed to transfer. If you stick it out to your Sr year and just want to "jump on a bandwagon" you should definitely not be allowed to do this.

Miramar

[tweet]692105307124842496[/tweet]

My problem with this is the fact that the day before he wanted to deny rumors of him transferring. Like what's the point dude, he had paperwork being processed to go to St. Thomas Aquinas and felt the need to deny the rumors? Like give me a friggin' break!

If you aren't going somewhere, then yeah deny the rumors.

If you are, shut up and make your announcement when it's official.

I swear I'll never fully understand why these guys do this crap. This also goes for the pros and coaches as well.

If you are gonna leave, just make an official announcement.

If you are going to stay, deny the rumors and stay.

It's that simple.

[tweet]692105307124842496[/tweet]

My problem with this is the fact that the day before he wanted to deny rumors of him transferring. Like what's the point dude, he had paperwork being processed to go to St. Thomas Aquinas and felt the need to deny the rumors? Like give me a friggin' break!

If you aren't going somewhere, then yeah deny the rumors.

If you are, shut up and make your announcement when it's official.

I swear I'll never fully understand why these guys do this crap. This also goes for the pros and coaches as well.

If you are gonna leave, just make an official announcement.

If you are going to stay, deny the rumors and stay.

It's that simple.

Hes a kid dude chill

Advertisement
Gonna be Dwyer vs STA again in the 2nd round and winner will probably win the state championship

Hillsborough county passed a policy a few years ago that any kid who transfers must sit out a year....

You basically summed up why half of the players that go to Bama should reconsider their decision.

Advertisement
My bad, didn't mean to downvote. I was trying to zoom my little *** phone screen, lol.

This is Al Blades' kid?

As long as he ain't commiting crimes, can do whatever the **** he wants, as far as I'm concerned.

Advertisement
This can't be good

????????????????

Just seen enough guys transferring to STA and it usually leads to greater uncertainty in their recruitment to UM. Think of our most recent recruits to transfer there. Just the increasingly higher profile of a kid's recruitment when attending STA is a factor that in recent history has not worked in UM's favor.

Not saying Blades won't end up at UM, but transferring to STA is often a step in the direction of a high profile, circus of a recruitment.

It's getting bad when we have public announcements on joining high school teams. Already enough madness with signing day shenanigans for college

we have "adults" promoting it.....ive seen a whole lot of "blessed to say im taking my talents to ________ insert high school"...and its crazy the kids former classmates/friends have a sh*tload of congrats bro...behind it...

This sh*t is crazy to me...

Like these dudes need to be humbled...ASAP..but im blame the people that "promote" it...i would forward all the kids that transferred to another public school directly to the fhsaa....since you want to "announce"...cant do nothing with the privates though...

FHSAA just passed a bill that allows kids to transfer to any school for sports.

A few things:

(1) The FHSAA does not pass bills on this. The FHSAA regulates. Florida legislature makes the laws

(2) This bill has not been passed into law. A subcommittee on education approved it. There has been no vote by the Florida Senate, Florida House, and the Governor has not signed it into law. All of those things have to happen for it to become the new rule (granted the Governor can approve it through inaction, as well)

I'm sure the subcommittee approving it will have an effect, but this is not the new rule yet.

This is exactly why S. FL has become such a cesspool for college recruiting. The high schools and even the local youth programs are bloating kids' egos beyond repair. By the time colleges start coming around, the kids think they're 3 year NFL vets with 2 Pro Bowl appearances.

If the adults down here had any interest in building productive men instead of trying to ride the backs of 14 year olds to payoffs and/or bragging rights they'd get a handle on this horseshyt right away.

There's really no local pride down here, and I'd say this is a big part of the reason. Everyone's a mercenary. Kids treat their schools like stepping stones instead of having that pride that comes from fighting wars together for 4 years and growing up in that district.

This is exactly why S. FL has become such a cesspool for college recruiting. The high schools and even the local youth programs are bloating kids' egos beyond repair. By the time colleges start coming around, the kids think they're 3 year NFL vets with 2 Pro Bowl appearances.

If the adults down here had any interest in building productive men instead of trying to ride the backs of 14 year olds to payoffs and/or bragging rights they'd get a handle on this horseshyt right away.

There's really no local pride down here, and I'd say this is a big part of the reason. Everyone's a mercenary. Kids treat their schools like stepping stones instead of having that pride that comes from fighting wars together for 4 years and growing up in that district.

Well ****. "Weebay from the Wire nodding his head GIF"

Advertisement
Back