Al Blades Jr. Junior Season Highlights

Sulcanes01

Redshirt Freshman
[video=youtube;4RtQixd6Y9M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RtQixd6Y9M[/video]

Some highlights from someone we know will be a Cane... Enjoy! Looks pretty versatile to play safety or corner.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Amazing footwork. On clips where they didn't point him out til the end of a play I was still able to pick him out based on how smooth his backpedal is

This ninja is fire. Exactly what we need. A five-star and there's NO QUESTION where the best place is for him. It's a business decision.

Advertisement
A DB haul of Campbell, Jobe, Blades, Ivey, Hall, and Frierson would be the best DB class of all time.

ALL TIME.

Advertisement
The truest of Canes. Can't wait to see him in the orange & green. The Blades family is synonymous with Cane greatness.

Go Canes!

Wow! A tremendous prospect with insane footwork and a smooth backpedal as noted. Great speed, explosion, balance and awareness. Has the perfect frame for a CB but is versatile and could most definitely play safety at the next level. That being said with a prospect like Blades you put him at CB and leave him there. Cannot wait to see him develop in Diaz's defense!

Advertisement
To me he's a saftey I don't think he has the long speed to play corner and he's a little stiff.

To me he's a saftey I don't think he has the long speed to play corner and he's a little stiff.

I agree, it's hard to predict his ability to cover the deep ball right now...I do know he posted a 3.95 shuttle to prove his closing speed is top notch.... definitely has elite quickness, cover skills and instincts to be a bigtime player. IMO

Advertisement

You might be right. His best position maybe safety. He may get away with playing corner in college in zone dominated schemes but he mighty have some trouble in man to man coverage down field. Hard to make an assessment with him from these highlight reels. I like to watch full games.

A DB haul of Campbell, Jobe, Blades, Ivey, Hall, and Frierson would be the best DB class of all time.

ALL TIME.

And you forgot Russell...

This DB class might be one of the best ever if we finish with those.

I can't remember a school taking so many elite DBs in one class.

IMO Jobe and Campbell are true 5stars with Hall, Blades & Frierson right on the cusp of being a 5star (but will never get a 5th star)

Russell and Ivey are mid level 4stars with tremendous upside.

I expect all to get bumps in their rating this year, but doubt they all get the notoriety they deserve.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back