Al Blades, Jr. commits to Miami

I was on Greentree a lot back in the day. Bennie was one of the reasons practice was more vicious than game day. The legends of the Blades brothers fighting are not exaggerations. Ed Reed and ST, RIP, are legends in their own rite but Bennie takes back seat to neither. Like any discussion about Hurricane GOAT overall or by position, it is almost impossible to pick one. Heck, Fred Marion deserves to be in the discussion too.

If they were all on the same team on once, who would start? I guess I go with Bennie on the basis of fear alone. Who would have the guts to trot on out the field without looking back to see if Bennie was headed at him with evil intent. Thank The Lord for us being Hurricane fans all these years. I still think The Mad Stork is GOAT. If you never had the pleasure of watching him play, you just wouldn't understand. As an All American at DE and then All Pro at outside LB, Ted would have been even greater in today's game than when he played.

Ted would run today's game with ease. I always get offended when we discuss all time greats no one ever looks into our past. At safety for instance with knowledge of the man you could never leave out Burgess Owens. At rb you could never leave out chuck foreman. Back to the present and al publicly jumping on board. He has a great future ahead of himself. He is an AMAZING kid who takes a backseat to no one. I see so much of al Sr in him it's CRAZY. We obviously have gone through some down years but it's time to let go of that. Clear that negative **** from our thoughts and realize just like so many of these kids do that what we have here is special. Support our canes and get ready for the dynasty to get started back up.

Let's not forget Ottis Anderson at RB either. People tend to forget, we were sub-.500 for the ENTIRE SEVENTIES, yet Chuck Foreman and Ottis Anderson had tremendous NFL careers.

Amen. Oj carried my Gmen for plenty of years too.

Those guys are NFL greats, the first guy I remember was Don Bosselor, who played for Redskins. Let's not forget Jim Otto and Bill Miller.

Amen to all them. I forgot Burgess at that moment. Just saw him on TV a couple weeks ago promoting his new book. Man has serious smarts too.

Advertisement
Man was an absolute killer who set a tone and backed it up, the CANES way. Al Blades must have those instincts in his genes, watch out, BLades is coming. We back now!!

I was on Greentree a lot back in the day. Bennie was one of the reasons practice was more vicious than game day. The legends of the Blades brothers fighting are not exaggerations. Ed Reed and ST, RIP, are legends in their own rite but Bennie takes back seat to neither. Like any discussion about Hurricane GOAT overall or by position, it is almost impossible to pick one. Heck, Fred Marion deserves to be in the discussion too.

If they were all on the same team on once, who would start? I guess I go with Bennie on the basis of fear alone. Who would have the guts to trot on out the field without looking back to see if Bennie was headed at him with evil intent. Thank The Lord for us being Hurricane fans all these years. I still think The Mad Stork is GOAT. If you never had the pleasure of watching him play, you just wouldn't understand. As an All American at DE and then All Pro at outside LB, Ted would have been even greater in today's game than when he played.

Ted would run today's game with ease. I always get offended when we discuss all time greats no one ever looks into our past. At safety for instance with knowledge of the man you could never leave out Burgess Owens. At rb you could never leave out chuck foreman. Back to the present and al publicly jumping on board. He has a great future ahead of himself. He is an AMAZING kid who takes a backseat to no one. I see so much of al Sr in him it's CRAZY. We obviously have gone through some down years but it's time to let go of that. Clear that negative **** from our thoughts and realize just like so many of these kids do that what we have here is special. Support our canes and get ready for the dynasty to get started back up.

Hendricks is my favorite Cane except for the Mira Brothers and son who I grew up with.

I have an autographed bb cap The stork gave me and it's one of my most prized possessions..

Ted and Burgess were my father's roommates throughout college and best friends. As a result both of them are my god parents. I just had lunch last week with ted & janet in vizcaya. This university really is my family. Nothing I'd ever change about it.

You have got to be in the Top 10 luckiest Cane Fans. Think of all the great Canes after them who might have never even seen the field if those two were on their team. Even Danny Stubbs would have been lucky to get time in Ted's position. Hard to imagine anyone making Ed Reed ride pine, but Owens might have. Those who saw him would understand.

I'm sure your dad is proud.

Big shoes to fill but I think Al will be the best of the best of the Blades!

You remember Uncle Bennie, right? Big shoes doesn't really cover that task. That said, it would be something special if this kid could do that.

Bennie was a bad boy. Seems to get left out of a lot of discussions when folks talk about the best to roam around a Canes secondary. He was a goon, savage... before those labels were out. What was he, a top 5 pick for the Lions? That's how good of a player he was. Not sure how much film there is on the dude, but to those that did not have a chance to see him play, look him up. He will quickly join your conversation of the greatest Cane ever.

Man was an absolute killer who set a tone and backed it up, the CANES way. Al Blades must have those instincts in his genes, watch out, BLades is coming. We back now!!

I am thrilled to have a Blades back on the field. This kid looks like he still has some of that old hunger. If so, then we then, given what we saw of the new kids the last two years on D, things are looking up. With Kool bringing old Cane D line play back our DBs are going to have a field day with those beasts at LBs in front of them. Just keep stacking the talent up on D and everything will be just fine as long as we have Miami 4-3 quality DTs. Strong and nasty up the middle, fast and mean outside is what works for us. We need all the speed outside we can get. That lets the inside play up the field with abandon.

Let's not forget Ottis Anderson at RB either. People tend to forget, we were sub-.500 for the ENTIRE SEVENTIES, yet Chuck Foreman and Ottis Anderson had tremendous NFL careers.

Amen. Oj carried my Gmen for plenty of years too.

Those guys are NFL greats, the first guy I remember was Don Bosselor, who played for Redskins. Let's not forget Jim Otto and Bill Miller.

Amen to all them. I forgot Burgess at that moment. Just saw him on TV a couple weeks ago promoting his new book. Man has serious smarts too.

Some of the best conversation & advice I've had in my life has come from Burgess. When my father died it was Burgess who really stepped up. Gave a beautiful eulogy & saw through my nonsense. Really kept me from snapping.

Hendricks is my favorite Cane except for the Mira Brothers and son who I grew up with.

I have an autographed bb cap The stork gave me and it's one of my most prized possessions..

Ted and Burgess were my father's roommates throughout college and best friends. As a result both of them are my god parents. I just had lunch last week with ted & janet in vizcaya. This university really is my family. Nothing I'd ever change about it.

You have got to be in the Top 10 luckiest Cane Fans. Think of all the great Canes after them who might have never even seen the field if those two were on their team. Even Danny Stubbs would have been lucky to get time in Ted's position. Hard to imagine anyone making Ed Reed ride pine, but Owens might have. Those who saw him would understand.

They really helped mold my life. It was a given once my recruitment kicked up what the end result would be with me. Honestly Ted & Burgess affected that decision more than my old boy. Whats really funny with burgess which would help people understand what a total badass he was is not only is he one of our best safetys ever but he was also one of our best corners ever as well. I would love to see burgess in todays game.

Advertisement
Hilarious. I beat Pete to it and he deletes my post to act like be broke the story..... lol. That's comical. Anyway, glad he's on board.

I'm curious here but how exactly is it that someone "breaks a story" that was first publicly announced to the WORLD on twitter?

Especially when petes known this was going to happen probably for months. Like he couldn't have broke the news before if he wanted to. The entire point was to not ruin the moment for the kid.
Ruin the moment by creating a thread with his public tweet committing?

If Pete said, "I'm trying to consolidate threads, and because I plan on publishing a story I'm going to merge threads with mine on top." It would be completely reasonable, but that was not the case. Stylie posted Blades' commitment tweet and Pete took it down so he didn't "ruin the kids moment".

Stay in your lane.
lavar-ball-tells-fox-sports-kristine-leahy-stay-in-your-lane-after-question-about-how-many-shoes.jpg

At the beginning of this decade fsu were getting the Rhodes, Rodney Smiths, Joyners, Willie Haulsteads and Brutus. Now those type of guys are coming here.

That's how you know the tide is turning.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Blades Boys been giving headaches to UM opponents for years..glad it's going to continue...

Advertisement
@ Plzwork4 a..a.first off Willie Wood and Ron Lott are already in the NFL HOF at the S position. Then you have multiple pro bowlers like Joey Browner, Mark Carrier, Troy Palmulo or wtf ever his name is, Dennis Smith, Tim McDonald Sr and Sammy Knight. I mentioned cj Richardson for Miami cause he was an all American so that means I would have to mention guys like Taylor Mays and maybe Darnell bing ( I think he may have made an AA team cans't recall) etc. USC more pro bowls, lots of NFL starters, all americans etc which gives them the nod that's how the *** I figure and since you can't provide any info to the contrary the got dam statement stands!

Advertisement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G28-8XGkkLE

Daddy was talking trash to Dugans in the first clip!

RIP to Myers. Too often forgotten by the masses. He was a great player for us.

Myers was great as a true freshman,then struggled as a soph and JR,got beat bad a few times but man he sure turned it around as a SR rotating with Rumph and Buchanon.

Rumph was better here than a lot of people give him credit for

If you power rank that db group

@ Plzwork4 a..a.first off Willie Wood and Ron Lott are already in the NFL HOF at the S position. Then you have multiple pro bowlers like Joey Browner, Mark Carrier, Troy Palmulo or wtf ever his name is, Dennis Smith, Tim McDonald Sr and Sammy Knight. I mentioned cj Richardson for Miami cause he was an all American so that means I would have to mention guys like Taylor Mays and maybe Darnell bing ( I think he may have made an AA team cans't recall) etc. USC more pro bowls, lots of NFL starters, all americans etc which gives them the nod that's how the *** I figure and since you can't provide any info to the contrary the got dam statement stands!

Ur ****** high. Dont even need to refute it.

Advertisement
Back