Akeem Dent - any updates

Advertisement
I don’t see a five star either. Five stars should jump off the screen and he doesn’t. IMO the Stevenson kid looks significantly better.

I felt that way when he was committed to UF. I also thought Dent was a tad overrated when he was committed to us.

Dent looks more like a Chauncey Gardner than a Tyson Campbell. Tbh, I’d take Elam over him too.

That being said .....I definitely take him if he wanted in. But i doubt that happens
Bro he has a 20 minute highlight tape at DB smoking dudes lol that should tell you something. Not arguing who's better because they are both great football players but Akeem is stupid Elite and the ENTIRE staff knows it.

Bro he has a 20 minute highlight tape at DB smoking dudes lol that should tell you something. Not arguing who's better because they are both great football players but Akeem is stupid Elite and the ENTIRE staff knows it.

I think he’s a nice prospect , but he’s not a five star. That’s only a handful of guys and I just dont see that level.

He’s nowhere near a Tyson Campbell type , tc was a grown *** man with great speed. Dent looks nothing like that. Tc is what a five star cb looks and plays like.

Last edited:
I think he’s a nice prospect , but he’s not a five star. That’s only a handful of guys and I just dont see that level.

He’s nowhere near a Tyson Campbell type , tc was a grown *** man with great speed. Dent looks nothing like that.
I agree TC and PS2 are freak athletes. Their ceilings are unbelievable. But that's like saying Vernon Hargreaves shouldn't be a 5 star because he isn't the freak like TC. Just a hypothetical comparison. Akeem is a pure football player and he's showed it time in and time out. If you watch the Florida fire try outs last year him vs pope hes giving him a run for all of his money and we all know how elite pope is.

Advertisement
I agree TC and PS2 are freak athletes. Their ceilings are unbelievable. But that's like saying Vernon Hargreaves shouldn't be a 5 star because he isn't the freak like TC. Just a hypothetical comparison. Akeem is a pure football player and he's showed it time in and time out. If you watch the Florida fire try outs last year him vs pope hes giving him a run for all of his money and we all know how elite pope is.

I said he’s a definite take if he wants in, and you continue to recruit him until other big dogs jump on board. I
just don’t see it happening.

This is the one year where lb and Db will be loaded with studs regardless if dent comes or not.

I said he’s a definite take if he wants in, and you continue to recruit him until other big dogs jump on board. I
just don’t see it happening.

This is the one year where lb and Db will be loaded with studs regardless if dent comes or not.
I agree 100%

Advertisement
Been here for only a little bit. But judging from what people and coaches say it seems like yes dent is a 5 star. But what people say about Stevenson is from people who watch elite talent here in sofla for the past 30 years is that he’s on another galaxy.

Advertisement
It will be interesting to see where Dent ends up. I was scrolling around social media and found an FSU recruiting recap of this past week. It seems Dent spent the weekend in the dorms with his brother and hung out with the team all weekend.

Interesting also that Trey Sanders showed up on Thursday with his 7x7 coach to sit with team during dinner and then met with Taggert.

One of these two (I forget which one) plays 7v7 ball with Taggerts son

These two are certainly making for good reading......

Advertisement
Have you watched both of their film? Dent is better with pads on. Elam looks the part, tests great in combines.....but, hasn’t played like a 4 Star CB yet.
It's not even a question Dent is better. There's a reason they are balls to the wall for dent and not elam

Advertisement
Back