Ajay Allen RB from Nebraska hits the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You nailed it. Yearby was a victim of the hype.

Yearby had to follow Duke Johnson and was teammates with Dalvin Cook & he was hyped as being on a par with both of them when he never should've been.

Yearby was then further buried by fans in efforts to hype Mark Walton. Nevermind that Yearby averaged 1.4 & 0.7 ypc more the 2 years he shared a backfield with Walton.

Just unfortunate in how he's remembered.
Lots of excuses going on here. It wasn’t the comparison’s or the hype. Yearby was simply not good. End of story.

Advertisement
Hey man - those were the dudes you chose.

Don't get mad at me because 2 of the dudes you chose to prove your point actually proved mine

Allegedly. While you conveniently pivot every reply disproving yours.

Not mad at anything.

Edit: Actually you’ve strategically backed yourself into this ‘top three round NFL RB prospect’ corner. But nobody cares about that.

Bravo. Your comment is both somewhat accurate and at the same time meaningless.

Knighton - 180 lbs
Parrish - 190 lbs
CJ - 178 lbs
Wheatley-Humphrey - 175 lbs
Allen - 185 lbs

While individually I like things about each of these RB's, I don't think it's smart roster building by loading up with so many sub 190 lb RB's
Idk where u been for the last few months Gangsta but Knighton’s not on the team anymore

Advertisement
Some of you guys are too preoccupied with his weight as a FRESHMAN!! I focus on his production, as a freshman, in the BigTen.

I like the fact that his coaches, handed him the ball 11 times, as a freshman, against at nationally ranked team (Oklahoma). OU went on to have a disappointing season, but the stats are impressive nonetheless.

At first, I didn't understand our approach to the portal this spring, but, from our interest in Allen, and his buddy Richard (Vandy CB), it appears we're targeting underclassmen with NFL potential.

I'd say Allen fits in that category. He may not be the 240lb thumper, which we'll eventually have in Fletcher, but he definitely has good vision, quickness, and power, which is weird to say for a 180lb RB. Give him a year or two in our S&C program and he probably leaves here around 205, which is normal for a kid that size who is apart of a P5 S&C program.

I'd love to see who becomes our lead back , in 2024, with a RB room with Allen, Citizen, Johnson, & Fletcher

Advertisement
Lots of excuses going on here. It wasn’t the comparison’s or the hype. Yearby was simply not good. End of story.
Disagree. At the college level..went for over 1000, that's not 'not good'. Cook, no. But he didn't suck. He was a decent college back. Not good, gtfoh.

Disagree. At the college level..went for over 1000, that's not 'not good'. Cook, no. But he didn't suck. He was a decent college back. Not good, gtfoh.

Two things hurt Yearby the most.

1. He wasn't as good as Cook, and Cook went to our biggest rival.
2. He thought he was as good as Cook and did not develop to become as good as Cook, and then he left UM early.

I think it’s fair to say he didn’t suck but he has been one of the bottom tiers of RB’s we have produced in the last 10 years.

no way parrish is 200. i've seen him in person 6 inches from me. no way jose.
@Confidence1000

0128CB01-8266-488B-8343-CF3212110027.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't care about weight if we're actually running a spread. Leach wanted him at Mississippi State so I definitely think he has potential in the right system. If we still intend to play Cristobro caveman football, he'd be a poor fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back