Ajay Allen RB from Nebraska hits the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We literally do this every time. You say I do something "all the time" . I ask for one example. You never give an example.

This isn't the only reason you're my favorite, it's just one of them. I truly love you Original. There's no sarcasm when I say that

And this is why I "love" YOU, because you exaggerate and invent things that I don't say.

I never said you do something "all the time".

Allow me to quote myself:

"You are also frequently WRONG on factual and statistical matters."

Notice how I didn't go all-in on an absolute declaration, as is your preference? Making extreme statements is usually a predicate for, you know, BEING WRONG.

Advertisement
We will only have two backs on the roster potentially sub 180 when they arrive. What are you even talking about now? I'll give you YOUR best case scenario to keep your argument alive.

Wheatley - sub 180
CJ - sub 180

Chaney - above 200
Citizen - above 200
Fletcher - above 200
Allen - 190+
Parrish - 190+

72% of our RB room will be in your stated range. Pretty sure we are also bringing in the other 60%.

Nowhere did I ever disagree about being an NFL long shot. But why the **** do I care about that? This is college.

I would like our RB's to be at our above 200 lbs (ideally)
I used 190 or less as the the measure of where it's not smart roster building
You read 180 or less as the measure - therefore your calculations are wrong

If you are good winning 6-9 games a season like we have been - then I'm 100% agreement

At any position group - if we're going to move to winning 9-11 game per year, we need more NFL talent. If we wants to win NC's - we need A LOT more NFL talent.

We need more NFL talent to win more college games. The two are linked. So while you've been clear you don't care about NFL performance - that's my logic as to why you should.

Just curious. How many of these RB's we're on a top 25 team?

Tyjae Spears - 175 lbs
Deuce Vaughn - 166 lbs
Blake Corum - 180 lbs
Marquez Cooper - 183 lbs

off the top of my head

Top teams leading rushers under 190 as recruits (not overall in fbs)

TN Jaylen Wright - 187
USC Travis Dye - 170
Oregon Bucky Irving - 175
LSU Josh Williams - 180
Pitt Israel Abanikanda - 170

A very cursory look shows 9/25 top 25 teams under this arbitrary weight threshold. The list grows quite a bit if you look at mid 180 to 190. This is without a deep dive since a lot of sites don't update or didn't have accurate measurements to begin with. Ex. Jordan Mims from Fresno his HS profile and current profile are identical at 190 lbs. I highly doubt in 5 years he hasn't gained any weight, so his HS weight is very likely in this range being discussed but I'm not including those instances in the above.

Advertisement
And this is why I "love" YOU, because you exaggerate and invent things that I don't say.

I never said you do something "all the time".

Allow me to quote myself:

"You are also frequently WRONG on factual and statistical matters."

Notice how I didn't go all-in on an absolute declaration, as is your preference? Making extreme statements is usually a predicate for, you know, BEING WRONG.
You're correct - saying my stats aren't wrong "all the time" was an exaggeration. But my stats, according to you, are frequently wrong.

So I'll ask again - can you name one example?

If it's frequent, probably one of the multiple stats I posted in this thread is wrong, right? Or it shouldn't be too hard to find an example, right?

Or will you just change or deflect the subject, or just not respond as usual? OR, and I know you know what my favorite is...and I know you want to do it.....so just do it

I would like our RB's to be at our above 200 lbs (ideally)
I used 190 or less as the the measure of where it's not smart roster building
You read 180 or less as the measure - therefore your calculations are wrong

If you are good winning 6-9 games a season like we have been - then I'm 100% agreement

At any position group - if we're going to move to winning 9-11 game per year, we need more NFL talent. If we wants to win NC's - we need A LOT more NFL talent.

We need more NFL talent to win more college games. The two are linked. So while you've been clear you don't care about NFL performance - that's my logic as to why you should.

My calculations are not wrong. You said 195 way back that's why I put Parrish and Allen in your "at or above threshold category" because they'll be above or at your 195. Would you like me to go back and revise CJ and CWH to "sub 195" for your sake? Christ.

Even if you bump them down its a 50/50 split, and you're arguing for the other "60%". You're splitting hairs at that point on a completely arbitrary statistic - 60, 50 percent? Ok.

Tyjae Spears - 175 lbs
Deuce Vaughn - 166 lbs
Blake Corum - 180 lbs
Marquez Cooper - 183 lbs

off the top of my head

Top teams leading rushers under 190 as recruits (not overall in fbs)

TN Jaylen Wright - 187
USC Travis Dye - 170
Oregon Bucky Irving - 175
LSU Josh Williams - 180
Pitt Israel Abanikanda - 170

A very cursory look shows 9/25 top 25 teams under this arbitrary weight threshold. The list grows quite a bit if you look at mid 180 to 190. This is without a deep dive since a lot of sites don't update or didn't have accurate measurements to begin with. Ex. Jordan Mims from Fresno his HS profile and current profile are identical at 190 lbs. I highly doubt in 5 years he hasn't gained any weight, so his HS weight is very likely in this range being discussed but I'm not including those instances in the above.

Corum was 193 on 247 - not 180
Abanikanda was 197 on 247 - not 170

C'mon man....what are we doing here?

Yearby ran for 1k.

His problem was all you listrd as well as him being a legen since pop warner with the hype.

Then he was a high school kid an his gf was older with kids , then i think he had one on the way so he made the rash decision to enter nfl when he honestly shouldve just transferred schools for one more year and may have had a gus edwards type trajectory
I agree that leaving early was a mistake but honestly, I don't believe another year would have made Joe Yearby into an NFL caliber player. He was a solid running back for us. great vision and above average balance. His main issue is that if you're going to be a 185 lb running back, you better be lightning fast and he wasn't. Still a good player who gets too much heat simply because he wasn't Dalvin Cook.

Advertisement
Corum was 193 on 247, not 180
Abanikanda was 197 on 247, not 170

C'mon man....what are we doing here?

Rivals has Corum at 180 - 247 has him at 193 in HS and 193 in college. You think he gained 0 weight all that time at Michigan? Which one is more likely. Same for Abanikanda - same HS and graduating weight on 247. I knew you'd bring those up. All of these sites are inexact.

Anyway, have a wonderful cinco de mayo. Adios.

Last edited:
Rivals has Corum at 180 - 247 has him at 193 in HS and 193 leaving college. You think he gained 0 weight all that time at Michigan? Which one is more likely. Same for Abanikanda - same HS and graduating weight on 247. I knew you'd bring those up. All of these sites are inexact.

Anyway, have a wonderful cinco de mayo. Adios.

Corum is 210 on Michigan.s site and he's still in college. What's more likely - he went from 180 to 210, or 193 to 210?

Abanikanda was 217 at his pro day. What's more likely - he went from 170 to 217, or 197 to 217?

This isn't even a right or wrong thing - let's just use common sense.

Advertisement
Corum is 210 on Michigan.s site and he's still in college. What's more likely - he went from 180 to 210, or 193 to 210?

Abanikanda was 217 at his pro day. What's more likely - he went from 170 to 217, or 197 to 217?

This isn't even a right or wrong thing - let's just use common sense.

Cool....two then? Somehow this makes your argument sound? Put them onto your list then I guess. I'm not looking at pro day and don't care about NFL potential. Enjoy your weekend.

Leaving Clint Eastwood GIF by GritTV

On their 247 recruiting profile Gibbs was 191 and Kamara was 195.

Allen (182), CJ (178), Wheatley-Humphrey (175) are on different levels. They're 10-20 lbs behind where Gibbs & Kamar were in HS, and rated 200-400 spots behind of them as recruits.

Look - I like each of these RB's and think they're all takes. But it would be illogical to have no concerns about their weight. IMO - they're the type of talents that will help us maintain the 6-9 wins a season team we've been, but they're not the types to lift us above that.
Now do Chaney, Citizen and Fletcher.

Is your argument that we are wasting 1 spot per class on a sub-200lb sub-11-100M playmaker? Those guys have a role, especially in "modern" college offenses.

Now do Chaney, Citizen and Fletcher.

Is your argument that we are wasting 1 spot per class on a sub-200lb sub-11-100M playmaker? Those guys have a role, especially in "modern" college offenses.

I love Bijan Robinson. I think he's an absolute stud. But I don't think The Falcons taking him at #8 overall is smart roster construction. See the difference?

With that in mind....

- Chaney is 208 and has been injured the last 2 years. Even when healthy, he didn't overtake or outplay Cam Harris.
- Citizen is 221 and has been might miss 2 full years before he gets his first college carry
- Fletcher I'm guessing is in the 225-230 range, and has zero college carries. I think he can be a good college RB but I don't personally see him as a "stud" type.

Our 3 200+ lb backs are big question marks

I like Ajay Allen. I can't tell a lot from the limited clips I've seen - but he looks like he has some good potential. But - given the makeup of our current RB room, I would've preferred taking a transfer that was more established and wasn't 190ish lbs. That's not to say Allen can't be a complete stud and prove me wrong. I think he can and I hope he does.

I'll try this again - my comment isn't about any of our RB's individually - it's about smart roster construction.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cool....two then? Somehow this makes your argument sound? Put them onto your list then I guess. I'm not looking at pro day and don't care about NFL potential. Enjoy your weekend.

Leaving Clint Eastwood GIF by GritTV

Hey man - those were the dudes you chose.

Don't get mad at me because 2 of the dudes you chose to prove your point actually proved mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back