Ajay Allen RB from Nebraska hits the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It be interesting to know what he’s doing and who told him he’d get drafted this would be very interesting to know.

GOCANES
I don't necessarily think the prospect of getting drafted was the primary reason he left. IIRC, he got passed on the depth chart by Walton, and there was plenty of tape on him. He wasn't going to get better with another year on the bench. With his family issues, I think he felt he needed to start making money.

At the time, many were griping that it was foolish, and we needed him for depth. I didn't have a problem with it, I just hope he got his degree before he left.

Advertisement
We will only have two backs on the roster potentially sub 180 when they arrive. What are you even talking about now? I'll give you YOUR best case scenario to keep your argument alive.

Wheatley - sub 180
CJ - sub 180

Chaney - above 200
Citizen - above 200
Fletcher - above 200
Allen - 190+
Parrish - 190+

72% of our RB room will be in your stated range. Pretty sure we are also bringing in the other 60%.

Nowhere did I ever disagree about being an NFL long shot. But why the **** do I care about that? This is college.
The ****ing match cannot continue unless they continue to think that you care about it. Poster's hop on the board when they get tired of arguing with brick walls.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Knighton wasn't very effective here partly because he's only 180 lbs. Yearby was also limited being 185 lbs.

So - is there a lesson to be learned here?

If CJ & Wheatley-Humphrey each add 15-20 lbs - they're still small RB's.

Look at teams that consistently produce NFL RB's - Alabama, Georgia, LSU. They rarely have even 1 190 lb RB on their roster, let alone 3-4

I'm not saying to not take any of these types - I'm saying it's not smart to load up on these types.
Knighton was not only 180 lbs. He was not that fast and a 11.28 best in the 100 meter and probably 190 by now. People must have mixed up Knighton's first name with Erriyon somehow. Parrish is a 11. 09 and Chaney who is bigger and faster at 215 and 10.77.

Why does anyone try to argue with bshaw? He's always right. Just agree with him.

I'm wrong all the time. Example - Here's my thoughts on Knighton & Chaney when they were incoming Freshman:

"I'm cautiously optimistic on Knighton. I think Cane fans have visions of him being the next Duke Johnson, and I don't think he's realistically at that level. I do think Knighton will be better than Yearby/Walton/Cam - who've all been labeled as "the next guy" at some point.

Chaney I don't think is at the level of the greats - Edge/Portis/Gore/McGahee - but I think he can legit be on the same level as a Lamar Miller."

I was wrong on both.

I'm wrong all the time. Example - Here's my thoughts on Knighton & Chaney when they were incoming Freshman:

"I'm cautiously optimistic on Knighton. I think Cane fans have visions of him being the next Duke Johnson, and I don't think he's realistically at that level. I do think Knighton will be better than Yearby/Walton/Cam - who've all been labeled as "the next guy" at some point.

Chaney I don't think is at the level of the greats - Edge/Portis/Gore/McGahee - but I think he can legit be on the same level as a Lamar Miller."

I was wrong on both.

Oh, shut up already...

Look at you, taking "blame" for being "wrong" on a PLAYER PROJECTION. Meanwhile, everyone misses on those from time-to-time, including the coaches.

But that's not what anyone was talking about. You are also frequently WRONG on factual and statistical matters.

And THOSE are the areas where you just won't admit that you are wrong.

Advertisement
Oh, shut up already...

Look at you, taking "blame" for being "wrong" on a PLAYER PROJECTION. Meanwhile, everyone misses on those from time-to-time, including the coaches.

But that's not what anyone was talking about. You are also frequently WRONG on factual and statistical matters.

And THOSE are the areas where you just won't admit that you are wrong.

Where are my stats incorrect? Name one example.

Because they're not the stats you want to see, it doesn't make them incorrect.

Advertisement
You'd better pay a royalty to @Mackmiller974 for stealing his schtick.

We literally do this every time. You say I do something "all the time" . I ask for one example. You never give an example.

This isn't the only reason you're my favorite, it's just one of them. I truly love you Original. There's no sarcasm when I say that

You nailed it. Yearby was a victim of the hype.

Yearby had to follow Duke Johnson and was teammates with Dalvin Cook & he was hyped as being on a par with both of them when he never should've been.

Yearby was then further buried by fans in efforts to hype Mark Walton. Nevermind that Yearby averaged 1.4 & 0.7 ypc more the 2 years he shared a backfield with Walton.

Just unfortunate in how he's remembered.
Yearby ran for 1k.

His problem was all you listrd as well as him being a legen since pop warner with the hype.

Then he was a high school kid an his gf was older with kids , then i think he had one on the way so he made the rash decision to enter nfl when he honestly shouldve just transferred schools for one more year and may have had a gus edwards type trajectory

'23 NCAA rushing leaders in the top 25 with listed weights out of HS.

Mohamed Ibrahim - 178 lbs
Tyjae Spears - 175 lbs
Deuce Vaughn - 166 lbs
Khalan Laborn - 180 lbs
Blake Corum - 180 lbs
Keaton Mitchell - 170 lbs
Frank Gore Jr - 170 lbs
Marquez Cooper - 183 lbs
Xazavian Valladay - 175 lbs
Brian Battie - 170 lbs

So 40% of the top 25 rushers in CFB last year were ~180 or sub as prospects. All 1,000 yard rushers which we haven't had since Yearby.
Just curious. How many of these RB's we're on a top 25 team?

I was wrong on both.
Youll See Watch Out GIF by Last Man Standing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back