Airforce vs. Washington State Pirates

One reason Leach will always be a poor recruiter is he will never be a HC coach at an elite program with a fertile base.

Texas Tech had to compete with OU, Texas, TCU, Nebraska (when they were still good), TAMU, and national recruiting powers like OSU, ND, some SEC teams, and even Miami (at one time). Washington State has to share a smaller set of D1 players with Washington and Oregon, and other PAC schools. USC poached a few top players from the PNW when Carroll was HC.

The other reason is he’s a nut job.

Price and Erickson were good recruiters by WSU standards for their eras. The HC before Erickson was decent as well, and he actually recruited most of the players Erickson won with in 1988. Erickson was more X/O guy than recruiter, as we learned in Miami.

Erickson’s poor recruiting at The U makes me dismiss the notion Leach would ‘kill at Miami’.
Very good points and I wholeheartedly agree.

Advertisement
Just got home from the game. Huge crowd advantage for Air Force but their fans won't stand and cheer for anything. I got asked to sit down multiple times while cheering during big plays for their own team. So different from any Canes game I've been to. So lame.
I liken this game to a boxing match. AF was the heavyweight and slowly beat down their faster lightweight opponent. Was on the WSU sideline and Leach was invisible. Don't want him anywhere near our program, sorry guys

Just got home from the game. Huge crowd advantage for Air Force but their fans won't stand and cheer for anything. I got asked to sit down multiple times while cheering during big plays for their own team. So different from any Canes game I've been to. So lame.
I liken this game to a boxing match. AF was the heavyweight and slowly beat down their faster lightweight opponent. Was on the WSU sideline and Leach was invisible. Don't want him anywhere near our program, sorry guys

It's all good, at this point though how much worse can it get when you still have Blake, Strawley, and Epstein messing everything up.

As always, there is no greater litmus test than anyone who has ever said a positive thing about Mike Leach as a football coach.

One team played football and the other fulfilled its role as a cupcake

Leachs DC
giphy.gif
With that reach does kind of remind me of Ted Hendricks....

Advertisement
I'm so glad we didn't get whooped by a service academy in the bowl game. The slurpers would have had a field day about how miami kids aren't disciplined enough and we need to start recruiting high character kids like the air force.

There was a time the two oldest service academies, Army and Navy, were pretty good. We lost to Navy several times in the early '60's.

Advertisement
There was a time the two oldest service academies, Army and Navy, were pretty good. We lost to Navy several times in the early '60's.
Exactly. Also, I believe Army won some Nattys many moons ago.
Air Force was very strong in the mid 80s. Glad they had an 11-2 season this year. Always impressed by how competitive the service academies are considering the limitations the coaches have in who they can and cannot bring in

Advertisement
And doesn’t Air Force recruit future pilots, soldiers, officers? Pretty sure WSU does not. Different demographic.

The best player to come out of the Zoo is Chad Hennings. The dude flew A-10s and then got a waiver to play for the Cowboys after 4 years. It was unprecedented at the time.

Trust me we send about a third of the signed kids to Prep school, but the rest qualify. Playing professional sports is the least on these kids minds.

Advertisement
Back