Ahmmon Tweet

Advertisement
**** you guys are cold. Seeing another name stitched on the back of your UM jersey while you're still in school and you've lost the chance to play football, lost the chance to compete, lost the chance at chasing your NFL dream, lost the chance to retire your parents. It would definitely hit home for anyone.

Im not sure if that's what the tweet was about, but Ya I can give him a pass for being upset if it was.

Yeah this the only bad look I've seen for Diaz so far. Respect dude enough not to give his number away until after he leave...

**** you guys are cold. Seeing another name stitched on the back of your UM jersey while you're still in school and you've lost the chance to play football, lost the chance to compete, lost the chance at chasing your NFL dream, lost the chance to retire your parents. It would definitely hit home for anyone.

Im not sure if that's what the tweet was about, but Ya I can give him a pass for being upset if it was.

They should tell him. "get your bro here and we will hold off on giving your number away until you graduate."

And we wonder how a talented team went 7-6.this tweet explains it all.today kids feel they're entitled to greatness but don't realise it's earned not given.

Advertisement
The only #'s that are retired are 10 (Mira), 89 (Hendricks) & 14 (Testaverde)

There's another one I think, drawing a blank right now.

But there's about 20-30 players who have a better case to have their # retired ahead of Ahmmon & I love the guy, but sorry 82 shouldn't be retired even with how terrible & unfortunate his career ended due to injury.

20, 26, 98, 96, 52, 44, 47, 5, 4, 2, 8, 11, 1, 6, 80, 88, many others should all be first in line for retirement if any other #'s are.

****, Ahmmon ain't even the best 82 he forget that's Olsen's # lol.
Might be Jim Dooley but not looking it up right now.

EDIT: Went ahead looked it up. I was right. I think UM's first A-A, later player and head coach of the Chicago Bears, Jim Dooley.

https://hurricanesports.com/news/2011/7/28/205549261.aspx

Last edited:
I love Ahmmon and think he could have been one of the special WR's from the U but if he thinks his jersey should be retired, he should get his brain checked. He was amazing as a freshman, up and down as a sophomore, and had an unfortunate career ending injury his junior year. His time at the U was a blink.

Advertisement
There's over 100 players on the roster any given season. There's only so many numbers to go around. They shouldn't retire anybody's number.

I’m sure they woulda been glad to give 82 to your brother. Instead he spit in your face & is going to a bitter rival.

Advertisement
Maybe he had a hard time finding parking on campus. One guy says it was probably the number thing Y'all jump on AR for how dumb that is instead of just saying that theory is not likely correct You guys are effing hilarious.

He didn’t say nor was he wanting/expecting his jersey to be retired. Don’t get the obsession with 1 poster speculating something then having pages of guys running with it and bashing someone without having any knowledge

Was he wanting to pass the number on to his brother then?

Advertisement

No one to my knowledge holds a player's number while he is injured, and retires it after he is out because of injuries...he should take it down...

Advertisement
Back