Ahmmon Tweet

Just for this Savagery, #'s should have been Immortalized...
hqdefault.jpg

Advertisement
While I love Sean Taylor ...the next should be #20...Ed Reed. CFB HOF and in a few days will be announced NFL HOF. NCAA National Champion and Super Bowl Champion.
Plus the greatest halftime speech in sports history.
I agree with that, 20, 26, 98, 96, 52, 44, 47, 5, 2 & many others all deserve to have their #'s retired.

It's just next to impossible to actually do it because we wouldn't have any good numbers left lol

Advertisement
I don't think we should retire his number, but given the whole situation with his brother it is IDIOTIC for us to let another player use his number,

at least wait for the guy to graduate... giving his number to a player who's only here for 1 year smdh
His brother ain't coming no way regardless of what # KJ has.

And I thought the players got to pick their own #, I could be wrong on that but I always thought the players picked their #'s & as long as it's available on their side of the ball they got it?

8 was KJ's # at Buffalo which is already taken so maybe he picked 82?

I don’t think Michael Irvin’s 47 is retired. And The U should retire 82?

I hope Richards was being sarcastic.

I agree with that, 20, 26, 98, 96, 52, 44, 47, 5, 2 & many others all deserve to have their #'s retired.

It's just next to impossible to actually do it because we wouldn't have any good numbers left lol

When talking about Hurricanes it is impossible to even agree about who was the greatest at one position. Retiring numbers is impossible unless we can go to third digit.

Advertisement
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I like to go outside into the garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I'm a carrot

Advertisement

LOL...any good numbers left?

Right out of the gate you could easily lose half the numbers that are even available.

Even with the last 15 years, this is the U, not Wake Forest or Floriduh

Advertisement
Dammit, is everyone on this board under the age of 30?

UM STOPPED retiring numbers in the 1980s. Vinnie was the last one. Torretta won the Heisman too, and we didn't retire his number.

We stopped doing it in the 1980s because we legitimately thought that we would run out of numbers.

In the age of 100+rosters, retiring numbers is dumb. Ring of honor for the elite and hall of fame for the other greats.

i'm not sure how y'all are misinterpreting this to think he wants his number retired. he probably wanted to keep the number for his sideline jersey as long as he's still with the team, just like we didn't have another #12 on defense this year for malek young, who incidentally had the same or an incredibly similar career-ending procedure done to his neck.

seems like they could've let him keep it for what would be his senior season. i can understand why he would be upset, considering he would be drafted this year if not for the injury.

Advertisement
Back