Ahmmon Richards Senior Highlights

Cross between Stacy Coley and Horace "Hi-C" Copeland IMO.

My only concern with him is his weight(he needs more muscle) and what his route tree is like. Wellington offense was basically a screen, go or fade route to Ahmmon. If he has a good route tree, I can see this kid starting opposite Stacy this year if his route tree is plug and play quality.

That's my concern as well. It's the same route every time in his highlights, and nothing over the middle of the field.

Instead of focusing on the "lack" of a tree route, focus instead on his natural ability. He is an excellent athlete and football player. Dugans can work with him on his route running if this is an issue. But talent is something you either have or you don't. AR15 has a high ceiling.

I agree with that. I totally understand that view. I'm coming from a point of view of seeing Mullins and Bruce in person multiple times. In games and some events. They are advanced route runners for WRs coming out of HS.

I have Ahmmon pegged with the most ceiling of the 3 followed by Dionte and Sam.

If he is technically sound, I can easily see him starting early on.

Where I am also coming from is body readiness. Bruce is just about maxed at 186. Dionte is about 185-190 now and solid build. Richards still has room and the frame to get bigger. He is also the youngest of the 3.

At the end of the day. I think Richards will be the best of the 3, I'm going off what I've seen. I have no clue how good of a route runner Ahmmon is at this point though.

Watch his sophmore and junior film as well.

I've watched it all. I watch numerous kids and I have concerns for them as well. He's not the first and only one.

Ahmmon has all the traits. Speed, size (6'2"), acceleration. Two way ability. Has that smooth and effortless stride. Jump ball ability. I'm voicing a concern I have, that can be corrected if it is truly even an issue.

I don't see anything but go, screen or fade routes. It's not a knock at all. He can definitely be a good route runner but not much in his film can attribute to how good of a route runner he is.

I'm not saying it can't be corrected with Dugans if it even is an issue at all but Wellington offense gives no indication if he is.

As for adding muscle. He's going to need it at the college level regardless. About the same frame Coley had coming in. A buck 70. You can have all the God given talent but your body needs to be able to take the hits at the next level. You can take Coley for example as someone who's an elite talent but clearly needed/needs the weight to have his body endure a season.

Don't take it wrong, he's elite. He just needs weight like most kids coming in do. I'm concerned of how good of a route runner he is due to the offense he played in.

Advertisement
Kids go to college to learn more than they have in high school. A lot of kids have no offense in high school. Basically backyard football. He is a beast and he is fast. He has long legs so doesn't seem as fast as a shorter guy. But notice how he pulls away even when they have angles on him and he has moves as well. This guy will be awesome at the U

That's my concern as well. It's the same route every time in his highlights, and nothing over the middle of the field.

Instead of focusing on the "lack" of a tree route, focus instead on his natural ability. He is an excellent athlete and football player. Dugans can work with him on his route running if this is an issue. But talent is something you either have or you don't. AR15 has a high ceiling.

I agree with that. I totally understand that view. I'm coming from a point of view of seeing Mullins and Bruce in person multiple times. In games and some events. They are advanced route runners for WRs coming out of HS.

Where I am also coming from is body readiness. Bruce is just about maxed at 186. Dionte is about 185-190 now and solid build. Richards still has room and the frame to get bigger. He is also the youngest of the 3.

At the end of the day. I think Richards will be the best of the 3, I'm going off what I've seen. I have no clue how good of a route runner Ahmmon is at this point though.

I've watched it all. I watch numerous kids and I have concerns for them as well. He's not the first and only one.

Ahmmon has all the traits. Speed, size (6'2"), acceleration. Two way ability. Has that smooth and effortless stride. Jump ball ability. I'm voicing a concern I have, that can be corrected if it is truly even an issue.

I don't see anything but go, screen or fade routes. It's not a knock at all. He can definitely be a good route runner but not much in his film can attribute to how good of a route runner he is.

I'm not saying it can't be corrected with Dugans if it even is an issue at all but Wellington offense gives no indication if he is.

As for adding muscle. He's going to need it at the college level regardless. About the same frame Coley had coming in. A buck 70. You can have all the God given talent but your body needs to be able to take the hits at the next level. You can take Coley for example as someone who's an elite talent but clearly needed/needs the weight to have his body endure a season.

Don't take it wrong, he's elite. He just needs weight like most kids coming in do. I'm concerned of how good of a route runner he is due to the offense he played in.

Oh for sure, he's going to gain weight he wants to come in at least at 190. He did what the offense asked him to do. His ability jumps off the film at either receiver and or safety so im not that pressed about that

Solid post

Oh for sure, he's going to gain weight he wants to come in at least at 190. He did what the offense asked him to do. His ability jumps off the film at either receiver and or safety so im not that pressed about that
That's too much weight too fast

Advertisement
I agree, he will need to come in at 180 or so and get up to 185 when the season starts.

Not taking anything away from Richards but some of those defenders were about as feckless as I have ever seen.

Cross between Stacy Coley and Horace "Hi-C" Copeland IMO.

My only concern with him is his weight(he needs more muscle) and what his route tree is like. Wellington offense was basically a screen, go or fade route to Ahmmon. If he has a good route tree, I can see this kid starting opposite Stacy this year if his route tree is plug and play quality.

I have only seen Ahmmon once, which was the South Florida Shootout. I did come away impressed by how smooth he is and fast for a kid his size(6'2"), but it's not a lot of evidence to go off of just one 7on7 game.

At the end of the day. I think Richards will be the best of the 3, I'm going off what I've seen. I have no clue how good of a route runner Ahmmon is at this point though. Nowhere have I taken a shot of how good he can be, he has loads of ceiling, I just have concerns as anyone does with any prospect.

Good post, Geo. You are one of the best posters on this site and I respect your opinion. I know you get to see a lot of these kids live and in person and we don't. Didn't mean to come across as harsh.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back