Ahmmon Richards Senior Highlights

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
For those interested, quick video i threw together of one of my favourite prospects in this class.

[video=youtube;Wl7U5aGysrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl7U5aGysrE[/video]

enjoy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Barring injury, I really don't see a scenario where this kid doesn't contribute in a big way from day one.

Advertisement
Cross between Stacy Coley and Horace "Hi-C" Copeland IMO.

My only concern with him is his weight(he needs more muscle) and what his route tree is like. Wellington offense was basically a screen, go or fade route to Ahmmon. If he has a good route tree, I can see this kid starting opposite Stacy this year if his route tree is plug and play quality.

Advertisement
I actually see some Amari Cooper in him. His acceleration is elite.

All 3 are elite in their on way but if you ask who does his film remind you of the most it's Amari cooper more so than Stacy coley IMO.

Advertisement

My only concern with him is his weight(he needs more muscle) and what his route tree is like. Wellington offense was basically a screen, go or fade route to Ahmmon. If he has a good route tree, I can see this kid starting opposite Stacy this year if his route tree is plug and play quality.

That's my concern as well. It's the same route every time in his highlights, and nothing over the middle of the field.

That's my concern as well. It's the same route every time in his highlights, and nothing over the middle of the field.

Instead of focusing on the "lack" of a tree route, focus instead on his natural ability. He is an excellent athlete and football player. Dugans can work with him on his route running if this is an issue. But talent is something you either have or you don't. AR15 has a high ceiling.

Instead of focusing on the "lack" of a tree route, focus instead on his natural ability. He is an excellent athlete and football player. Dugans can work with him on his route running if this is an issue. But talent is something you either have or you don't. AR15 has a high ceiling.

I agree with that. I totally understand that view. I'm coming from a point of view of seeing Mullins and Bruce in person multiple times. In games and some events. They are advanced route runners for WRs coming out of HS.

I have only seen Ahmmon once, which was the South Florida Shootout. I did come away impressed by how smooth he is and fast for a kid his size(6'2"), but it's not a lot of evidence to go off of just one 7on7 game.

I have Ahmmon pegged with the most ceiling of the 3 followed by Dionte and Sam.

If he is technically sound, I can easily see him starting early on.

Where I am also coming from is body readiness. Bruce is just about maxed at 186. Dionte is about 185-190 now and solid build. Richards still has room and the frame to get bigger. He is also the youngest of the 3.

At the end of the day. I think Richards will be the best of the 3, I'm going off what I've seen. I have no clue how good of a route runner Ahmmon is at this point though. Nowhere have I taken a shot of how good he can be, he has loads of ceiling, I just have concerns as anyone does with any prospect.

Last edited:

I agree with that. I totally understand that view. I'm coming from a point of view of seeing Mullins and Bruce in person multiple times. In games and some events. They are advanced route runners for WRs coming out of HS.

I have Ahmmon pegged with the most ceiling of the 3 followed by Dionte and Sam.

If he is technically sound, I can easily see him starting early on.

Where I am also coming from is body readiness. Bruce is just about maxed at 186. Dionte is about 185-190 now and solid build. Richards still has room and the frame to get bigger. He is also the youngest of the 3.

At the end of the day. I think Richards will be the best of the 3, I'm going off what I've seen. I have no clue how good of a route runner Ahmmon is at this point though.

Watch his sophmore and junior film as well.

Advertisement
Back