Ahmmon Richard's scout breakdown

I think Richards is going to have a breakout season. Coach Dugans is one of the best wr coaches in the country, and he was training with Antonio Brown.

Those issues in his game are just the little details that make you a great WR... he can improve on those things very easily being as talented and motivated as he is.

Advertisement
I think Richards is going to have a breakout season. Coach Dugans is one of the best wr coaches in the country, and he was training with Antonio Brown.

Those issues in his game are just the little details that make you a great WR... he can improve on those things very easily being as talented and motivated as he is.
Agreed. 1000+ yards and he gone in first round.

As of right now, this is his tape. We all know the reasons, but this is what scouts have to go by. What the film shows me (and I am in no way an expert) is a really good college receiver who wasn't fully healthy (not that anyone is fully healthy throughout the course of a college season) and is not a finished product. But AR has aspirations beyond being a "really good college player" and the critique this guy points out will only help him in the long run. Just my opinion.

Gotta love that Richards (and many of our WRs) worked out with one of the most technically proficient WRs in the game today this offseason -- AB.

Don’t know y I cant agree w ur post, so I’ll just tell u I agree w your post

We really missed him the last couple games of the season. Not only for his catching and routes but also his blocking down field.
If he can stay healthy and stay physical it will free up so many other Wrs for long plays down field.

Advertisement
Matt Waldman's breakdowns are some of the best out there. He's really good at pointing out subtle things a player does really well or could work on.

This video is great at showing Richards is already on the path to being a great player, he just needs to continue working on the little things.

Statistically speaking Ahmmon Richards had a breakout season last year because his Dominator score was over 20% (Basically an average of Yard share and TD share).

Advertisement
AHMMON IS A 1st ROUND LOCK IF HE 110% INJURY FREE THIS YEAR AND LEARNS NOT TO SHUSH THE HOME CROWD AFTER A TD ie; FOCUS ON FUNDAMENTALISTS RATHER THAN POST CATCH CELEBRATIONS / HIGHLIGHTS...THE YOUNG MANS ABILITIES ARE OFF THE CHARTS...JUST NEEDS TO GROW UP SOME...

Advertisement
AHMMON IS A 1st ROUND LOCK IF HE 110% INJURY FREE THIS YEAR AND LEARNS NOT TO SHUSH THE HOME CROWD AFTER A TD ie; FOCUS ON FUNDAMENTALISTS RATHER THAN POST CATCH CELEBRATIONS / HIGHLIGHTS...THE YOUNG MANS ABILITIES ARE OFF THE CHARTS...JUST NEEDS TO GROW UP SOME...
Wait? How the **** does one become 110% injury free? Is that like some Wolverine ish where he just heals right before our eyes, or is it like Phoenix ish and other people just disintegrate when they get too close.

I am confuse

Wait? How the **** does one become 110% injury free? Is that like some Wolverine ish where he just heals right before our eyes, or is it like Phoenix ish and other people just disintegrate when they get too close.

I am confuse
The latter

His added weight and strength this year should help him defeat press coverage at the line. Michael Irvin was a master at this. Perhaps he could give Richards some technique training at Paradise Camp.

Advertisement
He's had soft tissue injuries both years here. His freshman year he was able to overcome them in camp and obviously was a great player, last year he wasn't. But the fact remains he's missed time in both of his camps here with soft tissue injuries. He's got to be able to put these behind him and be fully healthy to start the year. Obviously the training staff knows this, I wonder if anything special has been done specifically for him to try to mitigate the issues before they start. I surely hope so.

He's had soft tissue injuries both years here. His freshman year he was able to overcome them in camp and obviously was a great player, last year he wasn't. But the fact remains he's missed time in both of his camps here with soft tissue injuries. He's got to be able to put these behind him and be fully healthy to start the year. Obviously the training staff knows this, I wonder if anything special has been done specifically for him to try to mitigate the issues before they start. I surely hope so.

This is a good point. He really needs to have an injury free season to show the NFL that he's not injury prone. Great player, obviously. There is always room for improvement. Really hope we get a full season out of him with no appearances on the injury report. If that happens, the sky is the limit on what he (and this offense) can achieve. Guys with his ability to create separation and massive catch radius can make below average QB's look like "clutch players".

If only he could somehow help that same below average QB hit a RB screen from two yards away...

YOU’RE RIGHT...I KEEP FORGETTING THE BODY NEVER / EVER HEALS ITSELF...AND WORKING THRU THOSE TYPES OF INJURIES ARE JUST UNHEARD OF....:rolleyes:

YOUR CONFUSION COMES FROM MY INTENT OF NO NEW AND/OR REOCCURRING INJURIES....

GO CANES!!!
No. My confusion comes from your implication that someone can be more than 100% healthy. Percent literally means parts of 100. How can you have more parts than the sum of those parts?

Don’t hurt yourself mulling that over. It’s not that important, and I recognize the fact that football coaches and players regularly talk about giving 110%.

But just because something is widely accepted doesn’t mean it isn’t completely stupid.

B601FFCB-726A-4462-8BF4-A1C5B5588B5F.jpeg

Richards is one Bad **** especially when he's healthy.

He's only really played one full season and hasn't really reached anywhere near his true potential

Everyone has something that they can improve upon. I'm sure Richards and our coaches are far more aware of the areas that need improvement than this scout is. The "flaws" Waldman mentions are easily within Richards abilities to improve. So it sounds like no big deal to me.

What he can't improve is the QB play. Good QB's play to their receivers strenghts

Advertisement
Back