Ahmmon Richard's scout breakdown

Advertisement
Advertisement
nah. they were drops too. it was concentration but i think it was the injury that hampered him.
I agree that it seemed he was definitely hampered by the injury. I think what he outlines as problems though are pretty do able fixes; learning to toe drag to avoiding being pushed out of bounds, Being more physical in press, Getting more moves for press release. These are very easy fixes that I would like to see more developed in his summer work.

Matt Waldman's RSP Boiler Room examines three games of 2019 NFL Draft WR prospect Ahmmon Richards and discovers a fluid athlete who needs to add more to his game — especially against man coverage.

Ham injuries are always tricky. Last year he tried to play through it but his performance suffered and team shut him down. IMO there is a risk that we will never see the Richards that performed during his freshman year. If he has a 100% recovery he will be our best wr.

Ham injuries are always tricky. Last year he tried to play through it but his performance suffered and team shut him down. IMO there is a risk that we will never see the Richards that performed during his freshman year. If he has a 100% recovery he will be our best wr.

Your opinion is always idiotic.

He had plenty of drops too.

This year not last.

That video is correct. Hes too well built to allow press to affect him as much.

That video is very limited. It doesnt show his blocking, his deep speed or his ability to run after the catch.

His injuries impacted his aggressiveness and explosiveness so I wonder how that impacted those plays not to mention Rosier's innaccuracy and the quick hit nature if the offense. The offense was limited a lot by mediocre pass protection.

Advertisement
This year not last.

That video is correct. Hes too well built to allow press to affect him as much.

That video is very limited. It doesnt show his blocking, his deep speed or his ability to run after the catch.

His injuries impacted his aggressiveness and explosiveness so I wonder how that impacted those plays not to mention Rosier's innaccuracy and the quick hit nature if the offense. The offense was limited a lot by mediocre pass protection.
well it affected his aggressiveness to an extent. he almsot murdered a fsu player hahahaha

if pope is as good as we think he is, this is our best wr core since Butch. The top level talent and overall speed is nuts.

Any video analysis of Richards last season is useless considering he was playing with a severe ankle injury in addition to his hamstring . Was never full strength so of course his game wouldn’t be the same. Even with the injuries he still had 439 yards on 24 receptions in 7 games averaging 18.3 ypc which is really good

Any video analysis of Richards last season is useless considering he was playing with a severe ankle injury in addition to his hamstring . Was never full strength so of course his game wouldn’t be the same. Even with the injuries he still had 439 yards on 24 receptions in 7 games averaging 18.3 ypc which is really good
half these youtube scouts also never mentioned the amazing job our wr's do blocking. even miami haters will tell you our wr blocking in the best
in the country.

The video was spot on. It’s not about YPC. The video highlighted what he needs to work on, and one thing is selling that double move a little harder but chopping his feet a little more violently.

Richards is far from a finished product. ****, even AJ80 had some flaws b4 he came out, but his raw talent, abilities, and what he showed had NFL WR coached salivating to get him on their squad.

Richards is in the same mode. Superior athlete, tracks the ball very well, great speed, body awareness, sideline awareness, and he’s strong as **** despite his frame. He’s a 1st round talent, for sure. Even if I wasn’t a Cane fan, I would say this guy is a WR I must have.

When he improves on these little things, catch radius, violent chops, and punking press coverages, he’ll literally be uncoverable.

Advertisement
The video was spot on. It’s not about YPC. The video highlighted what he needs to work on, and one thing is selling that double move a little harder but chopping his feet a little more violently.

Richards is far from a finished product. ****, even AJ80 had some flaws b4 he came out, but his raw talent, abilities, and what he showed had NFL WR coached salivating to get him on their squad.

Richards is in the same mode. Superior athlete, tracks the ball very well, great speed, body awareness, sideline awareness, and he’s strong as **** despite his frame. He’s a 1st round talent, for sure. Even if I wasn’t a Cane fan, I would say this guy is a WR I must have.

When he improves on these little things, catch radius, violent chops, and punking press coverages, he’ll literally be uncoverable.

Gotta love that Richards (and many of our WRs) worked out with one of the most technically proficient WRs in the game today this offseason -- AB.

Dude points out two plays which were questionable for P.I. Defenders are grabbing him before the ball even arrived lol

His big problem last year was he dropped a LOT of easy balls, especially in like the Syracuse game. Can't have that if you're going to be a top draft pick. He's got the athleticism to be a top pick. I think he's a solid route runner. But if he doesn't improve his catching, theres no way he's a 1st rounder imo.

And Yes I agree the injuries are likely the reason he wasn't all that good last year. I'm excited to see what he does this year. Hopefully it wont be with Rosier as QB

Advertisement
His big problem last year was he dropped a LOT of easy balls, especially in like the Syracuse game. Can't have that if you're going to be a top draft pick. He's got the athleticism to be a top pick. I think he's a solid route runner. But if he doesn't improve his catching, theres no way he's a 1st rounder imo.

And Yes I agree the injuries are likely the reason he wasn't all that good last year. I'm excited to see what he does this year. Hopefully it wont be with Rosier as QB
I agree with Brock on this one. You simply have to throw out last season. He doesn't have those drops against Syracuse if he's healthy. I'm telling you now, when you are coming off an injury, which is still nagging at you, you lose focus. It's normal.

I agree that the majority of the drops last year were rust. He wasn't ever at 100 percent and he was in and out of the line up so much. I don't think he ever had to e to settle in and find a rhythm.

Advertisement
Back