2023 Ahmad Haston, Palm Beach Central, '23 QB

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Local QB visiting for Elite Junior Day. He may not have the physical tools to end up at Miami, but he is a true QB and a highly productive player. 38 pass TDs, 4 INTs and 3,500 yards. His style of play (not overall upside) reminds me of Bryce Young:

Advertisement
Local QB visiting for Elite Junior Day. He may not have the physical tools to end up at Miami, but he is a true QB and a highly productive player. 38 pass TDs, 4 INTs and 3,500 yards. His style of play (not overall upside) reminds me of Bryce Young:

Hey DMoney,

This kid looks pretty **** good... Great pocket presence! Makes good decisions. Throws a very catchable ball. Runs really well when he has to tuck it and go. Can throw moving both left and right. Plays against decent competition. Apparently, he is smart (ala GPA). I say he is the goods. I haven't seen others in the area, but he has to be in the top 3.
Channel 9 Blockhead GIF by The Block

Kid has some wheels! Pass at 1:02 was the most impressive. I see future WR at the P5 level. His receivers were running wide open most of the time. Credit to their coaching scheme.

This the kinda kid that ends up elsewhere and years later he is dicing people up and the broadcasters asking, how did he leave Florida. Not sure what kinda arm strength he has but seems to have a good feel for the game.
Seems like the type of kid you take as a backup because he will always be ready to play and the spotlight will not be to big for him. Like you said he has a great feel for the game and is highly intelligent.

Advertisement
I don't see a lack of physical tools for Miami at all. This kid is the goods, a competent qb coach can polish up his mechanics and has intangibles you can't teach. I hope we stay on this kid because he has potential superstar written all over him.

Uuum D-Money I been on here long enough to know you get busy but on this I’m going to have to disagree. This kid looks like he can be a diamond in the rough. He doesn’t have a rocket arm but he’s very accurate, always keeps his head downfield looking to throw first and is competitive. He’s athletic enough at QB. Now is is tall enough? Probably barely, he doesn’t look 6’2. More 6’0 but with a 68% as a high schooler and a 4.4 gpa, we’d be crazy as **** not to keep tabs on this guy. He’s got the goods.

Uuum D-Money I been on here long enough to know you get busy but on this I’m going to have to disagree. This kid looks like he can be a diamond in the rough. He doesn’t have a rocket arm but he’s very accurate, always keeps his head downfield looking to throw first and is competitive. He’s athletic enough at QB. Now is is tall enough? Probably barely, he doesn’t look 6’2. More 6’0 but with a 68% as a high schooler and a 4.4 gpa, we’d be crazy as **** not to keep tabs on this guy. He’s got the goods.
Probably will grow a few more inches

I’m with you, I like him. We can size him up in person and should keep tabs on him to get a better feel for his arm talent live.

Advertisement

Reminds me, in terms of his potential to blow up on the national stage, of a kid named Conner Weigman. When I first saw his tape he was rated a .87 I believe or something in the 3 star range and then he grew and you see where he ended up. Same exact feeling from this kid, watching him. Really high ceiling for certain. I’ll do my part in trying to get his name out there to the staff and maybe they’ll listen this time.

That’s a decent arm for a guy that athletic. He’s a body thrower though. He’s a project mechanics wise.

Hey DMoney,

This kid looks pretty **** good... Great pocket presence! Makes good decisions. Throws a very catchable ball. Runs really well when he has to tuck it and go. Can throw moving both left and right. Plays against decent competition. Apparently, he is smart (ala GPA). I say he is the goods. I haven't seen others in the area, but he has to be in the top 3.
Channel 9 Blockhead GIF by The Block
I played basketball with his Dad in high school. He was a tide end at Florida in the early 90s. Great family and extremely talented as well.

I played basketball with his Dad in high school. He was a tide end at Florida in the early 90s. Great family and extremely talented as well.
Henry Haston. Began his college career as a TE, but ended as a LB. Accounted for about 85% of the receiving yards and TDs on Martin County's 1988 state semifinal team, their best in school history.

His son is not going to Miami.

Advertisement
He reminds me of Quan Bolden as a HS QB. Seems to understand the game and makes good real time decisions. Mechanics need work, but I like him. Plus he is a PB County kid and I like them.

Advertisement
Back