AH4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Chatfield isn't getting a NLI to sign?

This reeks of desperation on some of our fans part should we not land him. Local guy, top 15 in the nation at his position, premiere football factory, part of a much wanted senior class, and we say go to hated UF? Yes, we have offered and if he wants to come there's a spot for him.

We didnt do an in home visit with him.

The reason why I find this hard to believe is because Chatfield lives with Surtain from my understanding.

Chatfield said we didnt do an in home visit with him. Not sure what’s hard to believe about it.

Did he say or it was speculation from someone that they think there was no in-home. Find it hard to believe they didn’t run into him.

Ivins states staff isn’t sending Chatfield an NLI

I find this very interesting considering they offered him a couple months ago. Either Chat has disparaged the staff in some ways behind the scenes, has had some off field issues, or errrrybody wants to come and coaches want to make room for everyone. Any othe potential possibilities?

Maybe when he referred to UM coaches as "boys" in that interview the other day it turned Rick off.

Probably told them he wasn’t coming Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but in the past, wouldn't the coaches still send a LOI?

Advertisement
Man I really hope the staff's handling of chatfield's recruitment down late doesn't negatively affect the other 3

We don't really know how they handled it at all. It looks like he told them he's going to UiF.

I attended a chefcane pizza dinner along with a bunch of others before he was outed. Lol.

Outed as what exactly? Always wondered. Was he not a lawyer, or agent, or UM "insider," or all of the above? And, if not any of those things, who was he?

At the end of the day the staff put in the work and has us in positon to finish strong. Kids change their minds all the time and what happens on wednesday is what it is, I know we put in our best effort.

Loser mentality - can't keep letting these studs from across the street go elsewhere if the goal is a Natty

How's that a loser mentality? We threw everything at them we have, at the end of the day that's all we can ask for. We have been on these kids for 2 years but at the end of the day they're 17-19 year old kids that can be unpredictable.

Ivins states staff isn’t sending Chatfield an NLI

I find this very interesting considering they offered him a couple months ago. Either Chat has disparaged the staff in some ways behind the scenes, has had some off field issues, or errrrybody wants to come and coaches want to make room for everyone. Any othe potential possibilities?

Maybe when he referred to UM coaches as "boys" in that interview the other day it turned Rick off.

Probably told them he wasn’t coming Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but in the past, wouldn't the coaches still send a LOI?

I don’t believe so.

What would be the point of sending it? He said he wasn’t coming.

Advertisement
Next cycle I want To see less of that stay home bullsh*t, yeah it’s important but not the only thing, you selling the program short as if that’s the only reason to come to Miami. Get back to selling that we are on the way to the top and with recruits help they would be joining something special...

We couldn’t have played this Chatfield situation any worse smh, offering late, not doing in home visit with him to alleviate concerns lol. Hope they learn next year. Chatfield should have been committed in the spring of last year..

**** that. If kid wanted to be here, he'd be here. Time of offer means nothing. You play well, you earn it. If his labia is sore because it didn't come exactly when he wanted it, then off he goes. Ain't losing sleep over it

No way man. If that was the case why recruit at all? If you want people to sign you have to recruit them. If the coaches don't want Chatfield then they didn't do anything wrong but if they wanted him they should have played it better.

Chatfield isn't getting a NLI to sign?

This reeks of desperation on some of our fans part should we not land him. Local guy, top 15 in the nation at his position, premiere football factory, part of a much wanted senior class, and we say go to hated UF? Yes, we have offered and if he wants to come there's a spot for him.

We didnt do an in home visit with him.

The reason why I find this hard to believe is because Chatfield lives with Surtain from my understanding.

Chatfield said we didnt do an in home visit with him. Not sure what’s hard to believe about it.

Did he say or it was speculation from someone that they think there was no in-home. Find it hard to believe they didn’t run into him.

speculation bc when IVINS asked, chat was quiet about it and didnt go into deal so if u read back on his chatfield piece, he said he suspects the in home didnt happen and then is just running with it. i find it HARD to believe that they'd visit the school, talk w them, offer him, bring him in for an OV when he told em what weekend he wanted to come, and then not send an NLI but think you won't ruin your relationship with the other three at the last min. BULL****

Advertisement
We couldn’t have played this Chatfield situation any worse smh, offering late, not doing in home visit with him to alleviate concerns lol. Hope they learn next year. Chatfield should have been committed in the spring of last year..

**** that. If kid wanted to be here, he'd be here. Time of offer means nothing. You play well, you earn it. If his labia is sore because it didn't come exactly when he wanted it, then off he goes. Ain't losing sleep over it

No way man. If that was the case why recruit at all? If you want people to sign you have to recruit them. If the coaches don't want Chatfield then they didn't do anything wrong but if they wanted him they should have played it better.

don't believe what ivins is saying. he's basing it off PURE speculation.

Advertisement
Man I really hope the staff's handling of chatfield's recruitment down late doesn't negatively affect the other 3

LOL at you guys thinking these guys decisions will be dependent on Chatfield. We gave Chatfield the 3* treatment and we gave Nesta/PS2/and Tyson the 5* treatment. Which is how it should go. Begging Chatfield is pointless. He is a board favorite but isnt one of those kids that you let play hat games with you either. These kids have made it clear they are going to do whats best for them individually. Dont look to much into this Chatfield thing.

I am with the group that thinks his spot was taken by Coburn btw.

Full disclosure: I'm just trying to get this thread to 100 pages, so I can start a new thread

We know.

I know

2316232_0.jpg

Next cycle I want To see less of that stay home bullsh*t, yeah it’s important but not the only thing, you selling the program short as if that’s the only reason to come to Miami. Get back to selling that we are on the way to the top and with recruits help they would be joining something special...

Im sure they told them that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back