Agree or Disagree

DuffleBagYoda

TBayCane RELOADED
But this is a fact. There are 7 D1 schools in Florida alone. So all those 2 deeps at USF UCF FIU FAU that’s 176 players that used to sit and develop and contribute at the Big 3 before. Plus the internet and the SEC bag game has infiltrated even more. Plus the school is just now trying to get ready to attempt to get into modern football at a competitive level

It’s gonna take time and consistency to undo all of that. The team has to learn how to win. Manny is learning how to be a CEO

lastly a lotta y’all would tell ya own son to go start at fau or USF before u sit at a mediocre Miami. Y’all not cut like that always projecting and nitpicking. Be men and relax y’all act like battered women

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm happy for all the HS players in Florida who now have more options to continue their playing careers at UCF, USF, FAU and FIU.
But a lot of those players if not most
aren't good enough to play here.

It’s our depth. That’s been one of our problems. Big drop off after starters. AND no pressure from beneath starters

I'm happy for all the HS players in Florida who now have more options to continue their playing careers at UCF, USF, FAU and FIU.
But a lot of those players if not most
aren't good enough to play here.
I disagree bro. These the same players we look crazy at the staff for missing on when we are in dogfights with these schools man. ESPECIALLY skill positions

Advertisement
Go search the old JHH threads from high school and check who was driving his bandwagon.
I’ve said this before but Larry Johnson brought JHH in on an official visit to Ohio St and Bama offered a January visit. When those guys are recruiting a DL, you know he is legit. That was a big recruiting win for Manny right after getting the job.

Advertisement
It’s gonna take time and consistency to undo all of that.
Which might never happen. The program needs to behave like the big time programs do. It needs to overcome their shortcomings like Clemson, Bama, and OSU. If other schools have picked our hotbed dry, then we need to go all in on budgets. Otherwise, more of the same.

I can’t recall Miami losing a single recruit to FAU.

SEC on the other hand IS a problem. But in reality, the difference between Miami and Clemson is only a couple of players at key positions. I don’t think we’re THAT far away.

Our biggest problems right now are not that we couldn’t get 4-star kids to sign, it’s that we recruited the wrong ones at certain spots. So evaluation comes in to play

Last time I checked, the population of FL increased along with those 4 other schools picking up football. That might have increased our pool of potential players.

Advertisement
I can’t recall Miami losing a single recruit to FAU.

SEC on the other hand IS a problem. But in reality, the difference between Miami and Clemson is only a couple of players at key positions. I don’t think we’re THAT far away.

Our biggest problems right now are not that we couldn’t get 4-star kids to sign, it’s that we recruited the wrong ones at certain spots. So evaluation comes in to play
This is not a statement about direct competition for a single recruit

Which might never happen. The program needs to behave like the big time programs do. It needs to overcome their shortcomings like Clemson, Bama, and OSU. If other schools have picked our hotbed dry, then we need to go all in on budgets. Otherwise, more of the same.
States schools big bags vs an institution that has shot itself in the foot with failed shortcuts to keep relevance. Add to that the fact that a lot of people HATE what Miami is perceived and purported to stand for.

Last time I checked, the population of FL increased along with those 4 other schools picking up football. That might have increased our pool of potential players.
CA: 3,892 California High Schools (Ranked highest in Nation in student enrollment)
TX: 3,240 Texas High Schools (Ranked 2nd highest in Nation in student enrollment)
FL: 2,227 Florida High Schools (Ranked 3rd highest in enrollment in Nation)

We need to get out and do a better job at recruiting the rest of South Florida. I mentioned three years ago, I watched a seaon of punters in SW Fl with better averages than what we had.

Advertisement
Back