Tears Aggie Tears

I don’t understand the whole “A&M isn’t paying their NIL deals“.

I realize it’s being paid from different entities separate from the actual school, but that school has a shlt ton of super rich boosters, a lot of that is heavy oil money.

Is it unreasonable for me to think there is a way for them to surreptitiously fund these collectives or whatever they are, and make sure that the checks are being cut? No?

Or is my assumption about their apparent wealth incorrect?

Advertisement
I don’t understand the whole “A&M isn’t paying their NIL deals“.

I realize it’s being paid from different entities separate from the actual school, but that school has a shlt ton of super rich boosters, a lot of that is heavy oil money.

Is it unreasonable for me to think there is a way for them to surreptitiously fund these collectives or whatever they are, and make sure that the checks are being cut? No?

Or is my assumption about their apparent wealth incorrect?

No, they are definitely wealthy, but I think the problem is two fold.

First, they suddenly are having to go from paying a 5 star recruit 250k under the table through the bagman for as long as they can remember , to having to pay a few million above board for a single recruit through NIL. In the past, they could sign half a class for what a couple 5 star recruits could earn now in NIL. Even if you are rich, that's a lot of money and I'm guessing some aren't willing to part with that kind of dough for a mediocre program that hasn't won a national title since 1939.

Second, there is the question of what kind of marketing an athlete can really do for the business of an oil tycoon. For Lifewallet, Ruiz is all about social media exposure and influencers getting the word out. There is a logic to signing high profile athletes. Not much an athlete is going to do for Sinclair Oil and Gas. The oil tycoons would probably see more logic in giving money to a NIL collective, so the collective can figure out deals. The issue is if no one understands how to legally run and administer a NIL collective (which is a stupid concept anyways and should be banned), then you get problems like athletes not receiving NIL payments.

I'm wondering if atm isn't paying because as soon as they do it'll be pay for play. They can't show a 'goods' side of the contract and until they do it's nothing more than pay for play. They'll find a way around it but until they do the checks will continue to be in the mail.

First, they suddenly are having to go from paying a 5 star recruit 250k under the table through the bagman for as long as they can remember , to having to pay a few million above board for a single recruit through NIL. In the past, they could sign half a class for what a couple 5 star recruits could earn now in NIL. Even if you are rich, that's a lot of money and I'm guessing some aren't willing to part with that kind of dough for a mediocre program that hasn't won a national title since 1939.

Second, there is the question of what kind of marketing an athlete can really do for the business of an oil tycoon. For Lifewallet, Ruiz is all about social media exposure and influencers getting the word out. There is a logic to signing high profile athletes. Not much an athlete is going to do for Sinclair Oil and Gas. The oil tycoons would probably see more logic in giving money to a NIL collective, so the collective can figure out deals. The issue is if no one understands how to legally run and administer a NIL collective (which is a stupid concept anyways and should be banned), then you get problems like athletes not receiving NIL payments.
This was my first thought as well. It’s not as easy as they thought it would be. Bc If they aren’t gonna be able to write this off as a donation or some sort of business expense, that check aint gonna be mailed out.

It sounds like they are treating A&M like they did Miami. Go after any commit and flip them. Assume Jimbo is good at talent eval and let him do the work for you.

Better them than us. We got bigger defenses against this now than 10 years ago.

Advertisement

Totally. The collectives are a carry over from the bagmen era. They were always completely seperate from the school and helping the coaches while giving them plausible deniability. Now we see them at EVERY state school. Like, all of a sudden. The Gator Collective had to publicly tweet a denial of offering Rashada.
These collectives have no idea how to survive when their market value is exposed to sunlight.

Advertisement
THIS IS GLORIOUS!!!

Eek gif 11 » GIF Images Download

Advertisement
Total meltdown in College Station. Already talking about a Jimbo buyout. Half the posters on message boards on suicidal watch. I thought our fans were worse after the loss with FIU but we pale in comparison. No talk about Miami just relentless negative thinking about basically their whole football team and how Jimbo is a fraud etc etc etc.

Total meltdown in College Station. Already talking about a Jimbo buyout. Half the posters on message boards on suicidal watch. I thought our fans were worse after the loss with FIU but we pale in comparison. No talk about Miami just relentless negative thinking about basically their whole football team and how Jimbo is a fraud etc etc etc.
It's his 5th year, if he didn't get that 10 year deal his seat would be on sizzle. They have a right to be ****ed. They backed him to the hilt and he hasn't delivered. Bought him a great recruiting class and all that and they been recruiting well. Being so poor in the trenches is unfathomable with their talent.

Said it elsewhere when you look at not only losing 4 games, but all the horrible teams they played close games with, that coaching staff is suspect. 10-7 win v Colorado, losing to Miss St at home, and losing to LSU who had a fired coach and a team in disarray. Bad culture. I would want him gone.

Advertisement
They will NOT be focused.

We can focus them out and take the crowd out of the game .

If ATM collapses as game goes RUN IT UP FEED

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back