Again, this is how Miami should utilize Elija Lofton...

Advertisement
Was a big fan and it would be great to do this but it might be much to ask our OC to draw up plays like one of the top offensive mind of cfb the last decade.
In all fairness to Dawson, early last year we thought he was killing it. That late downfield dagger vs TAMU had us all pumped. It was when TVD went in a shell and couldn’t throw downfield that he had to pull back on the offense. I want to see what Dawson can do with a confident guy like Cam.

In all fairness to Dawson, early last year we thought he was killing it. That late downfield dagger vs TAMU had us all pumped. It was when TVD went in a shell and couldn’t throw downfield that he had to pull back on the offense. I want to see what Dawson can do with a confident guy like Cam.
Dawson been a OC for years I never seen his name mentioned on that level is all I am saying.. Even when at ECU lincoln made waves and his name rung bells..

Either way he doesnt have to be elite I guess, just get the job done.. He not a "guru" but he can still be competent.

Advertisement

Haven’t seen him in person, but Lofton strikes me as a player who moves differently than Centers did. He’s supposedly slightly taller and heavier than Centers. Centers was more of a HB/FB hybrid.

In terms of utilization, Loved watching Centers in the 90s and he was a pass catching demon. Nightmare matchup for LBs. If that’s what you meant in terms of how to use him, then I look forward to converting more 1st downs on 2nd and 3rd and short/medium.

Since I grew up watching football in the late 80s and 90s, I’ve always loved their versions of utility backs. Kind of the way we used Najeh in 2000. I use to hope Mike James would turn into that role. Here’s a 2011 post (also mentioning Centers) about it: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/maurice-hagens.171/#post-2363

On another thread, I jokingly mentioned Lofton as a cross between Fred Baxter (who was a TE/HBack himself) and Terry Kirby (another pass catching demon).

Look forward to seeing Lofton in person to really get a sense of his short area movements and acceleration. Should be telling.

Advertisement
idk how no one dapped you up for this one.

I kept saying Charles Clay...but thats archaic for the youth...good lost letterman - more contemporary - comp with Jaylen Samuels. Hope for a similar impact.

They’re the same kid. Lofton might be *slightly* taller, but they’re essentially carbon copies.

Advertisement
Seems to be a CJ Donaldson type situation. He was a 6’2 235 pound TE recruit from Gulliver and due to depth issues ended up playing RB for WVU week 1 his freshman year against PITT and had like 10/100 in that game if I remember correctly.

I have to keep telling myself mentally to quiet the noise cuz the way this hype train is rolling for EL his floor is Kellen Winslow...........senior

I posted this is another thread too but I'm hoping Dawson can draw up something similar to how Norvell used Jaheim Bell. Both seem to have similar size and athleticism.

Advertisement
Was a big fan and it would be great to do this but it might be much to ask our OC to draw up plays like one of the top offensive mind of cfb the last decade.

Just can’t wait to see MC calling 20+ inside runs with him for 10 yards total!

Advertisement
Back