After watching Richt's preeser

CaneMonster

Redshirt Freshman
After watching Richt's presser don't be surprised if Richt goes with Perry sooner rather than later regardless of the stats yesterday. He made a comment about he predicts the younger guys (Perry and Weldon) to be much more improved the next scrimmage. After saying that he went on further to say that the older guys (Rosier and Shirreffs) have been here for a while and he doesn't know if they'd improve much beyond yesterday's scrimmage. The comment seems to say that he's still not that impressed with the upperclassmen and he kind of knows what they bring to the table. I believe that he's still leaning towards the potential of Perry and/or his ceiling over the upperclassmen performances yesterday. Richt knows that Perry will take his lumps this season but he will grow leaps and bounds by the end of it.

Rosier had two more completions over Perry. Yeah the TD were glaring but the TDs will come for Perry, I just hope he learn what he did wrong on the INT.

The 2nd scrimmage results will be crucial for Perry to see if he's ready for primetime at the beginning of the season or the middle but make no mistake about it Perry is the future starter at da U. I predict that Perry will be playing a lot of football this year.

I saw this last year with Jacob Eason at Georgia, Lamar Jackson at UL 2 years ago, and Watson his freshman year. Neither of those qbs started the first game of their freshmen years but eventually took over the starting jobs before those seasons were over. I predict the same situation here. I'd say sometime after the FSU game Perry will start playing his way toward the top of the depth chart.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I didn't see the scrimmage but I read somewhere that Perry wasn't throwing to the starting WR corp. IDK

Both Eason and Jackson took over because their team had started off with 2-3 losses.

I hope that Perry doesn't get his chance under similar circumstances.

Advertisement
Both Eason and Jackson took over because their team had started off with 2-3 losses.

This sums it up perfectly. I hope we win and win big with Shirreffs or Rosier so Perry doesn't HAVE to play. I'd rather him redshirt. Not because he can't play yet, but because he doesn't have to.

You ALWAYS need a good defense to hang your hat on. When things get stale, you have to have a defense that can hold the fort down until help (offense) arrives.

Gentlemen, if we cant beat the majority of the schedule with any of the three QB's, we are in trouble. Unless Richt thinks that the other QB's are WAY better than Perry,he is the future and now.

Advertisement

Seriously? If we lose the first 2 games of the season with any QB we have on the roster then our problems are way more than just the QB position. Try again.

Advertisement
Gentlemen, if we cant beat the majority of the schedule with any of the three QB's, we are in trouble. Unless Richt thinks that the other QB's are WAY better than Perry,he is the future and now.

Richt doesn't have to think they are way better. He has to think they are more ready. No one thinks Perry lacks the talent to be the starting QB, it's just a matter of him getting ready.

I believe very strongly that any QB on our roster can lead us to 9 wins. If we have a 6-8 win season, something horrible happened. Walton injury, QB injuries, bubonic plague...

ALways want the d to win the scrimmage..........its a good indicator u have a good team

This. We need to establish that tough defense is here to stay whether it a game, practice, or scrimmage. Defense travels.

Im pretty sure bamas defense wins the majority of there scrimmages. Even butchs teams the defense started winning those battles. Defense will always win titles

Advertisement
After watching Richt's presser don't be surprised if Richt goes with Perry sooner rather than later regardless of the stats yesterday. He made a comment about he predicts the younger guys (Perry and Weldon) to be much more improved the next scrimmage. After saying that he went on further to say that the older guys (Rosier and Shirreffs) have been here for a while and he doesn't know if they'd improve much beyond yesterday's scrimmage. The comment seems to say that he's still not that impressed with the upperclassmen and he kind of knows what they bring to the table. I believe that he's still leaning towards the potential of Perry and/or his ceiling over the upperclassmen performances yesterday. Richt knows that Perry will take his lumps this season but he will grow leaps and bounds by the end of it.

Rosier had two more completions over Perry. Yeah the TD were glaring but the TDs will come for Perry, I just hope he learn what he did wrong on the INT.

The 2nd scrimmage results will be crucial for Perry to see if he's ready for primetime at the beginning of the season or the middle but make no mistake about it Perry is the future starter at da U. I predict that Perry will be playing a lot of football this year.

I saw this last year with Jacob Eason at Georgia, Lamar Jackson at UL 2 years ago, and Watson his freshman year. Neither of those qbs started the first game of their freshmen years but eventually took over the starting jobs before those seasons were over. I predict the same situation here. I'd say sometime after the FSU game Perry will start playing his way toward the top of the depth chart.

He was just saying what is common sense and you are reading too much into it.

If you are playing a video game for the first time ever ,chances are you are going to be much better at it when you play it a week from now as opposed to the guy who has already been playing it for quite a while who is maybe already as good as he is going to be and has little room for improvement.

I did not take Richt's comments that way at all. If anything, I think he said it was a two man competition between Malik and Evan.

Well you might want to listen again because he didn't say a two QB race. There was probably 5 or 6 QBs who took snaps yesterday. I think he cuts the QBs reps down but he didn't mean that it would be down to just 2. It could be from 6 to 3 who knows. Rosier completion stats was not that much better than Perry's so that would be premature to cut Perry out of the running.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back