After visiting this weekend, 4-star RB has Miami in top 2

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Miami hosted a huge list of unofficial visitors this past weekend of various top targets for the 2019 class. One of those was Naples 4-star RB Cesare Mellusi. And Mellusi enjoyed the visit so much, it vaulted the Canes into his top 2 at the moment.

“My leaders would probably be Notre Dame and Miami right now. There’s also LSU coming into the mix, and I’m probably gonna visit South Carolina soon.”

So what was the trip to Miami like?

“We did the whole thing,” Mellusi said. “I was with my buddy who just got offered on the trip, Dominic Mammarelli (TE from Naples). We went to the Syracuse game, we were with coach (Mark) Richt, we were in the weight room, we got to try jerseys on. It was a fun time.”

The coaches had all the visitors with each other the whole day in a big group. They included: Mellusi, Mammarelli, Jahmar Brown, Avery Huff, Anthony Solomon, Jaden Davis, Kenny Logan, Noah Cain, Trey Sanders, and Jeremiah Payton, among others. Of the group, Mellusi said he’s familiar with his RB colleagues quite well.

“I know Noah Cain and Trey Sanders,” Mellusi said. “We’re all just competitors.”

Mellusi has already visited Notre Dame back for their game against UGA during the 2017 season. How does South Bend compare to Coral Gables?

“It was dope, but it’s two different type of vibes. It was also cold (laughs).”

What draws Mellusi to Miami?

“I love what they’re doing, they’re an up and coming team,” Mellusi says. “It’s also just Miami, they have so much history and it’s only an hour away from my home.”

Coach Thomas Brown is the lead recruiter for Mellusi and contacts him every other day. Mellusi, who lists himself at 6’0” 200 pounds, has been garnering all this attention after a breakout junior season.

“We made it to the state semi’s, we lost to Northwestern. I did my thing, I think I rushed for 1,500 yards, 21 TD’s.”

While Mellusi is not in any rush to make a decision and he currently plans to take all 5 official visits, he does already know where one of those officials will be to.

“I’ve been thinking about that (making a decision). If it happens before my senior season, it happens, kind of thing,” said Mellusi. “But I’m not in any rush. If it comes down to Signing Day, then it does. If I know before Signing Day, it’ll happen before it. It’s really just I’m gonna take my time with it. I’m gonna take all my officials to my favorite schools. I just want to experience the whole nine, not going to rush anything. I definitely am going to take an official to Miami, I told coach Brown that. I loved it.”

Advertisement
If they brought him at the same time as Sanders and Cain, the staff must have him in the top tier of RB recruits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
[QUOTE Rumor that Naples head coach bashes Miami to players.
I don't think Coach Kramer bashes them because over the years
Naples HS has sent a lot of recruits to colleges.I,as a Naples resident
do not think think most of them are top D1 talent.
Immoaklee different story!

I like that top recruits know they're competing for a spot with other top recruits. No more waiting to signing day to be punked by a McFarland or Jobe. Get these kids to commit early and sign early. Unlike Saban and other top power 5 programs, Richt is loyal to his commitments; we need more recruits to reciprocate.

If crowley sanders mcintosh richards and this kid want in what do we do.

I would take mcintosh and richards as ATH and crowley sanders and this kid as running backs.

Not saying it will happen but its a pleasant thought.

Advertisement
you guys giving the thumbs down, what makes you think this kid has a commitable offer? you think he's in the top 4-5 on our board? I'm not an insider, but if Crowley is slated for rb, I don't think they take this kids commitment and call it a day or take just one more and leave the others.

Advertisement
If crowley sanders mcintosh richards and this kid want in what do we do.

I would take mcintosh and richards as ATH and crowley sanders and this kid as running backs.

Not saying it will happen but its a pleasant thought.
Sanders, Cain, and Richards (If he wants to play RB) are in no matter what. Its helpful that Richards and Sanders are athletes and can play multiple positions.
Second is Kenny McIntosh who also is an athlete, and I'd say is in no matter what. But if we got the 3 above I could understand him being left off.

After those 4 we get to the Crowley, Wright, Carter, Mellusi, etc tier. And Imo they are takes only if we miss on like Cain, Sanders, or McIntosh. Richards I just count as a safety tbh.

ey included: Mellusi, Mammarelli, Jahmar Brown, Avery Huff, Anthony Solomon, Jaden Davis, Kenny Logan, Noah Cain, Trey Sanders, and Jeremiah
Sanders, Cain, and Richards (If he wants to play RB) are in no matter what. Its helpful that Richards and Sanders are athletes and can play multiple positions.
Second is Kenny McIntosh who also is an athlete, and I'd say is in no matter what. But if we got the 3 above I could understand him being left off.

After those 4 we get to the Crowley, Wright, Carter, Mellusi, etc tier. And Imo they are takes only if we miss on like Cain, Sanders, or McIntosh. Richards I just count as a safety tbh.

The staff wouldn't have taken Crowley's commitment if he wasn't a take. None of us know what our RB board rankings are but the good news is that we can't miss on RB this cycle. 2019 Florida RB depth is insane especially if you include Mark Anthony Richards.

Advertisement
Back