After visiting for Pitt game, Bogle updates process

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
As one of the most frequent visitors for Miami’s home games this season, Cardinal Gibbons 4-star DE Khris Bogle took his fourth gameday visit to Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday for UM’s win over Pitt.

“It was good, it felt good to be back and see everybody, see some familiar faces,” Bogle said. “Mike Harley, (Mark) Pope were a few players I got to see and talk to. I saw them out on the field before the game.”

Although Bogle’s family did not accompany him on the game week visit to UM, he said his family members have already come with him on UM visits multiple times and they have not been shy on where they want him to end up.

“They like the U, they want me to stay home overall,” Bogle said on his family. “My mom is undecided right now, though. She tells me to make my own choice, that I’m going to be the one that has to be there for four years.”

With the regular season now over, the Hurricanes are turning up their recruiting efforts and will be making in-home visits with prospects starting this week. Miami D-Line coach Jess Simpson’s first in-home visit will go to Bogle later tonight.

“I talked to him yesterday,” Bogle said of Simpson. “He’s actually coming by for a house visit tonight.”

With his familiarity with the program so high, when asked what he expected from his UM in-home visit, Bogle said he anticipates more of the same pitches from Simpson.

“I already know everything there is to know (about Miami),” Bogle said.

The Alabama Crimson Tide have emerged as a contender for Bogle and have begun to start pushing harder with the talented defensive end. The 6’4” 215 pounder is coming off a recent official visit to Tuscaloosa earlier this month and talked about his experience.

“I took my official, I enjoyed it and liked it a lot,” Bogle said of Alabama. “My family likes it too.”

While other schools such as Auburn, FSU, Oregon, and Ohio State are still in contact with Bogle, the Cardinal Gibbons star seems to be narrowing his focus to a certain four schools that really have his attention. Bogle plans to make return trips to all four of these schools before making his final choice at the Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio on January 5th.

“Really, I want to take my official visit to Miami, go back to Bama, go back to Tennessee before I commit in January,” Bogle said. “I may even go back to Florida too.”

Originally, Bogle was not set on taking a UM official visit since he’s already visited so many other times, but Bogle changed his mind and now is looking at the weekend before the early signing period to take that trip. That will be the same weekend that UM is targeting to get many of their commits to take their official visits.

“I’m interested in taking it the weekend of December 14th,” Bogle said of his UM official. “I’m expecting to see the area of Coral Gables a little bit more and really hangout, not be so rushed like on an unofficial.”

Bogle’s eventual school of choice will be able to offer a comfortable environment, great academics in his planned major, and have the approval of his family.

“Just the culture of the place, somewhere I know I can be comfortable at the next 3 or 4 years,” Bogle said on what will set one school apart. “Also, just if they have a good business program and if my family likes it of course.”

Advertisement
Bama will back up your parents financially to co sign for your car,out bid Tennessee,and keep funding you at Bama as long as you produce on the field.Bama has Emmert and the NCAA on the pay roll so sign up with us and be our indentured servant .You will get no education,no structure,and learn that cheating and bribes is how to get ahead in life.Satan is going to buy your soul for a car and a few shekels.

Last edited:
Hate that he made a point to mention he spoke to Pope and Harley after the talk that they are unhappy and rumors they want out.

Advertisement
I would Say that since he’s not signing early that we don’t need to bring him in on a visit but in December and wait until January but then again he is committing at the army all American game so we might need to

As one of the most frequent visitors for Miami’s home games this season, Cardinal Gibbons 4-star DE Khris Bogle took his fourth gameday visit to Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday for UM’s win over Pitt.

“It was good, it felt good to be back and see everybody, see some familiar faces,” Bogle said. “Mike Harley, (Mark) Pope were a few players I got to see and talk to. I saw them out on the field before the game.”

Although Bogle’s family did not accompany him on the game week visit to UM, he said his family members have already come with him on UM visits multiple times and they have not been shy on where they want him to end up.

“They like the U, they want me to stay home overall,” Bogle said on his family. “My mom is undecided right now, though. She tells me to make my own choice, that I’m going to be the one that has to be there for four years.”

With the regular season now over, the Hurricanes are turning up their recruiting efforts and will be making in-home visits with prospects starting this week. Miami D-Line coach Jess Simpson’s first in-home visit will go to Bogle later tonight.

“I talked to him yesterday,” Bogle said of Simpson. “He’s actually coming by for a house visit tonight.”

With his familiarity with the program so high, when asked what he expected from his UM in-home visit, Bogle said he anticipates more of the same pitches from Simpson.

“I already know everything there is to know (about Miami),” Bogle said.

The Alabama Crimson Tide have emerged as a contender for Bogle and have begun to start pushing harder with the talented defensive end. The 6’4” 215 pounder is coming off a recent official visit to Tuscaloosa earlier this month and talked about his experience.

“I took my official, I enjoyed it and liked it a lot,” Bogle said of Alabama. “My family likes it too.”

While other schools such as Auburn, FSU, Oregon, and Ohio State are still in contact with Bogle, the Cardinal Gibbons star seems to be narrowing his focus to a certain four schools that really have his attention. Bogle plans to make return trips to all four of these schools before making his final choice at the Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio on January 5th.

“Really, I want to take my official visit to Miami, go back to Bama, go back to Tennessee before I commit in January,” Bogle said. “I may even go back to Florida too.”

Originally, Bogle was not set on taking a UM official visit since he’s already visited so many other times, but Bogle changed his mind and now is looking at the weekend before the early signing period to take that trip. That will be the same weekend that UM is targeting to get many of their commits to take their official visits.

“I’m interested in taking it the weekend of December 14th,” Bogle said of his UM official. “I’m expecting to see the area of Coral Gables a little bit more and really hangout, not be so rushed like on an unofficial.”

Bogle’s eventual school of choice will be able to offer a comfortable environment, great academics in his planned major, and have the approval of his family.

“Just the culture of the place, somewhere I know I can be comfortable at the next 3 or 4 years,” Bogle said on what will set one school apart. “Also, just if they have a good business program and if my family likes it of course.”

Not coming here. Our Program is not a winning up and coming program.

Give me a break with the Harley and Pope talk. If that's who's opinion this kid values the most then there is something seriously wrong with his thought process.

He has a chance to play for an agressive, balls to the wall, kill or be killed defense. One that any defensive player should dream to play in. But he goes to two 150 pound whiny WRs to get the pulse of this team?

Lmao.

Maybe he should talk to JJ, Willis, Shaq or any of the other 75 guys that never whined, gave up on their team or cried through their daddys to the public.

Advertisement
He ain't comin talking to those two. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxxt...

I swear to God some of y'all are the most scared grown men I've ever seen. So tell me this one kid who quit on his HS team, got in trouble and needed his teammates/friends to vote him back him tells his teammates it's cool to quit snd transfer too and now a recruit who loves us is automatically going to allegedly listen to them and quit too? Every year y'all show these female traits but this may be the all time worst smh pathetic

Advertisement
He is probably 50/50 about coming. I told my boy this weekend if I was an offensive player I would not come to Miami, just being honest, Richt is a joke and there is zero development. But if i played Defense, especially DLine, there isnt a better place in the country. Great aggressive scheme and there is definitely player development.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back