After the Storm: UVA

View as article
100% agreed in assessment , just so difficult to watch this team on offense. This is where we need a strong AD(doubtful) or someone with ties to the program(JJ) to have a dutch uncle talk with Richt. we need to change and take advantage of talent.JJ use to visit pro teams for ideas during the off season why not Richt as well ??? offense is stagnant beyond belief. heck look at Saban he has changed his O to reflect changes in game as well as the defensive players to defense new offensive game ? Also feel we need more money for staff
special teams, QB coach etc. i do not think we have a play off type staff
at this point. Also S & C needs to be revamped , we never get a good push of the LOS.... where is the explosive strength ???
if we do not make changes we will be stuck on a 7,8,9 win treadmill
& once a year losing a game we have no business losing

Advertisement
It is Groundhogs day again... Folden part 2... why are we so cursed???
I think the administration wanted safe and that is what Richt is versus a JJ . what really infuriates me is we could have had Butch or D.Mullen...... does the administration want to really win championships ?
don't play the money card anymore, we have enough to get the job done......
recap of J.Rose interview did not sound like a man ready to make changes
perhaps this is like the ending his mentor had at FSU did not make changes in staff or scheme and ending was awful

I believe in Richt he just is being a stubborn individual but I think he comes around and hires an OC. He’s stubborn not dumb and he will make the neccisary changes or he will be canned and his career will be over
I hope your right, live in Atl and i never saw that side of CMR

this was spot on. No sugarcoating anything... we are a borderline top 30-35 team.

Advertisement
If CMR won't give up play calling, if hiring a full time OC is not an option. Then we need Brown and Jon who are sitting in the press box and constantly speaking with CMR during the game to have balls and challenge CMR on play calling.

To state the obvious and if they cannot see the obvious as great as Brown is as a RB coach then he must be replaced with a tactician that coaches RB, is also the semi-OC but has the vision/offensive knowledge and out of the box thinking to challenge CMR (in a respectful/team way) during the games and at half time and during the week to generate a great game plan

If CMR won't give up play calling, if hiring a full time OC is not an option. Then we need Brown and Jon who are sitting in the press box and constantly speaking with CMR during the game to have balls and challenge CMR on play calling.

To state the obvious and if they cannot see the obvious as great as Brown is as a RB coach then he must be replaced with a tactician that coaches RB, is also the semi-OC but has the vision/offensive knowledge and out of the box thinking to challenge CMR (in a respectful/team way) during the games and at half time and during the week to generate a great game plan

I think we do that now.

Why does it take Richt late into the 4th Qtr down 2 TD's to incorporate the RB's into the passing game? Our Rb's had only 11 receptions going into this game and they had 6 catches for 77 yds of the 190 yds passing?

Advertisement
Sorry, but I have to dissent with you Stefan. Not going to waste my time with a deep dive, but your ability to overstate the depth of the issue is well demonstrated in the article. Miami's problem is clear, at this point, no demostrated QB is on this team. Not Rozier, not Perry and not Weldon. We don't know enough about Jarren Williams yet, but he appears to be the long term solution for next season. All you need to know about Perry was clear in the 1st quarter, as he chose to float the ball and drop it in, as opposed to the quick, fast, laser passing of the past 2-1/2 games. Richt has built great depth on defense, good special teams and a work in progress on offense. Until UM has that dominat QB to distribute the ball, this is where we will be living as fans. One more thing, your cheap shot on Odenigbo was far worse than his mistake, yours was a cheap shot of overstatement, hype and a fan masquerading as a sports journalist.

We need an OC and an Offensive line coach first and foremost. Without those two things I can't see how Richt survives the length of his contract.
I really hope he doesn't pull an Al and remain loyal to people who don't belong at this level....

Richt, like Golden, will do it his way or nothing, because Richt, like Golden, has been prematurely and short-sightedly extended by UM into the year 3000.

Richt, like Golden, will do it his way or nothing, because Richt, like Golden, has been prematurely and short-sightedly extended by UM into the year 3000.

Don’t even attempt to compare Mark Richt and Al Golden. This program has come light years years in its third season under Mark Richt. You cannot go from a dumpster fire to where the program is today with the clown like Golden. I swear, we have the most uninformed fans in college football. Richt averaged 10+ wins a year in a much tougher conference, he will get Miami into a good position. Look at his history with quarterbacks, running back’s and that tells you everything you need to know. Please don’t pretend that you know as much as he does. I don’t think it’s Mark Richt that needs humility, it’s our Fanbase.

Advertisement
Looks like a good write up but I’m to discussed to read it all. What got from glancing at it is, Mark has screwed this up and you think he has a choice to make. The problem with that is, he doesn’t think he screwed up. The man insists there is one and one one prefect way the make and eat a sanwitch.

Sorry, but I have to dissent with you Stefan. Not going to waste my time with a deep dive, but your ability to overstate the depth of the issue is well demonstrated in the article. Miami's problem is clear, at this point, no demostrated QB is on this team. Not Rozier, not Perry and not Weldon. We don't know enough about Jarren Williams yet, but he appears to be the long term solution for next season. All you need to know about Perry was clear in the 1st quarter, as he chose to float the ball and drop it in, as opposed to the quick, fast, laser passing of the past 2-1/2 games. Richt has built great depth on defense, good special teams and a work in progress on offense. Until UM has that dominat QB to distribute the ball, this is where we will be living as fans. One more thing, your cheap shot on Odenigbo was far worse than his mistake, yours was a cheap shot of overstatement, hype and a fan masquerading as a sports journalist.

Good Special Teams?!? Nomination in for "Porst of the Year"

Good special teams?? Lmfao ok dude you should just go back to sleep.

Advertisement
Don’t even attempt to compare Mark Richt and Al Golden. This program has come light years years in its third season under Mark Richt. You cannot go from a dumpster fire to where the program is today with the clown like Golden. I swear, we have the most uninformed fans in college football. Richt averaged 10+ wins a year in a much tougher conference, he will get Miami into a good position. Look at his history with quarterbacks, running back’s and that tells you everything you need to know. Please don’t pretend that you know as much as he does. I don’t think it’s Mark Richt that needs humility, it’s our Fanbase.
Either you’re out of your mind, or you’re Mark Richt’s mom. Either way, u should avoid commenting on football blogs.

Fantastic write up, great comments, copy and send to Richt....Oh, no more solicitations for $ until we get a real OC and QB coach, just sayin.

Advertisement
Back