After the Storm: UNC

Where’s our great intimidating defense? D to Baker and D to the Defense is being very lenient. The grade should come with a flogging.

Advertisement
LOL!! The team is converting 20% on 3rd downs, the money down, can’t convert long plays, inept in the redzone but yet OP wants to give them a B -?! ****, what a favorable grade.

Let’s take the orange and green sunglasses off. The team is 0-2 and has failed in every facet of the game of football early on. The OL gave up 4 sacks and three of them to one guy, Fox. No double blocking hm, chipping him. Nope, just let him keep abusing the OL. Williams doesn’t look past 10-15 yards but hey, we love that high completion percentage. Wiggins, Hightower and Pope...hmm, I won’t even comment.

The defense. GR is the only one playing with a chip on the DL. The vet LB’s we need more and should demand more. The secondary was out to a BBQ restaurant and not really at the game.

Baxa. Baxa. Baxa.

If this game didn't put us at 0-2 it would hurt a lot less.

Advertisement
Cut out everything else, if we had run the ball 40 times we win that game.
Don’t know how you come up with that. In what way? Yeah we ran the ball well but were passing the ball just as well too. This is still on the defense, 4th and 17 and then giving up whatever after that play after being handed a lead

Don’t know how you come up with that. In what way? Yeah we ran the ball well but were passing the ball just as well too. This is still on the defense, 4th and 17 and then giving up whatever after that play after being handed a lead

7 yards a carry is how I come up with that. There was a point in the middle part of that game when it was pass only on first down and a run on second down, no matter what. That was the only time we were stopped when we ran the ball. They knew what we were doing. But If we stick with the run game when Cam and Deejay are rolling and get out of that same set of plays we score at least two more touchdowns.

Advertisement
You forgot to include that dumb f*ck Baker and Manny had ONLY 10 men on the field during 4th and 17 and didn't call a timeout.
39906C10-1BD7-4CFC-8D50-5672D33EF896.jpeg

3 total points on 6 possessions in the red zone?!? That is absolutely mind blowing. I agree we should have ran more, I was saying all night if it were me I would pound that rock until they stopped us. Cam and Deejay were productive all game long.

Advertisement
Do you actually watch the games or do you just post snarky comments based on the past? While he definitely isnt up for any awards, Robert Knowles has played better than anyone else in that group. Fact.
Honestly, I just post snarky comments based on the past

"Robert Knowles has played better than anyone else in that group. Fact"
Really low bar to clear

Advertisement
The missed kicks are a backbreaker.

LSU 2018 - miss with a chance to stop the bleeding.
FSU 2018 - miss with a chance to close out the game.
UF 2019 - miss with a chance to salvage a drive where JT dopped a game-clinching TD.
UNC 2019 - miss with a chance to stop the bleeding early, missed XP to tie the game, missed FG to tie the game.

You can't win if you suck in the kicking game. You especially can't win when you suck in the kicking game at the WORST possible times. We need a kicker.

The missed kicks are a backbreaker.

LSU 2018 - miss with a chance to stop the bleeding.
FSU 2018 - miss with a chance to close out the game.
UF 2019 - miss with a chance to salvage a drive where JT dopped a game-clinching TD.
UNC 2019 - miss with a chance to stop the bleeding early, missed XP to tie the game, missed FG to tie the game.

You can't win if you suck in the kicking game. You especially can't win when you suck in the kicking game at the WORST possible times. We need a kicker.
Agree. It's gotten to the point that rather than feeling like we'll make the kick and just hoping a rare miss doesn't happen, I go into important kicks expecting to miss them and praying maybe we'll make it.

Advertisement
Back