After the Storm: LSU

View as article
Advertisement
Of course, but I can't be there every day at practice. Tough questions are also a good way to get your credentials revoked, a very fine line you have to walk.
DO GODS WORK AND ASK HIM WHY KOSI AINT GOT HIS **** TOGETHER YET AND MADE ROSIER RIDE PINE

The offensive line played well in stretches. The Canes’ two main running backs, Travis Homer and DeeJay Dallas, totaled 15 carries for 68 yards for a long of 17, good for about 4.5 yards per carry. That means there was no overly long run to skew the numbers and Miami was opening holes on the ground and getting quality yards with regularity. UM had to go away from the consistent ground game after getting down big so early though, playing right into LSU’s hands, and it allowed the Tigers to pin their ears back and send the pass rush to sack Rosier 4 times. Navaughn Donaldson in particular had trouble with speed off the edge, with rushers running right by him at times. I also thought the team moved the ball better when Venzell Boulware came in off the bench and subbed in for Jahair Jones in spots.

I agree with all of this, especially the last line regarding Boulware/Jones. I think Boulware outplayed Jones, and deserves to get more reps and maybe be the starter at LG. I'd like to see Boulware/St Louis just get a little more chemistry on that left side so they can be on the same page as far as who is going to pick up who on a stunt or blitz.

One thing that I think was pretty clear in watching the game is that Homer and Dallas are different backs, and it's all about what kind of back you prefer. I prefer Dallas, because he turns short runs into medium runs - always falls forward, and has enough elusiveness to get a few extra yards between the tackles. Dallas maximizes what he's got to the fullest on every run. He's not a burner, but he can pop you a 20-30 yard run every few carries. Homer is different - akin to his name, he's a homerun guy. If nothing is there, he gets nothing. If he gets a crease, he can have 20+ yards in a blink of an eye after doing nothing for 10 carries.

Advertisement
Back